Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenoob_queb
Stranger
 User Gallery
drying - desiccant question
    #5952356 - 08/10/06 10:50 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

In the FAQ section on drying/storing, shroomgod makes the following observation about calcium chloride, the active ingredient in DampRid:

"Also, it is highly soluble in water so that even if you place your mushrooms on paper covering it, it will still find a way to get in your mushrooms. On the other hand, it is not toxic like the silica gel indicator crystals. Still, if you have the unfortunate experience of eating some DampRid, it tastes like shit and will make you as thirsty as hell (will set the stage for a really bad trip)."

Can anyone elaborate on this a little. I mean, I can see why placing shrooms on paper right on top of calcium chloride could transfer some of it into the shrooms, but do you think that is realy what shroomgod meant? I mean it doesn't seem like the best approach.

I purchased a box of dampride that has a self contained unit in it - DampRid in a tray, the pellets are in the upper half of a tray that is protected by a material that allows moisture through it. Any excess moisture drips into the bottom of this tray from the pellets above. As I said this set up is completely self contained. If one suspends shrooms in a strainer 6 or so inches above the DampRid unit in an air tight box, it seems to me that there is no risk of transferring any of the calcium chloride into the shrooms.

Does this seem like a reasonable conclusion? Does anyone have any knowledgable input on this? DampRid seems as if it's pretty widely used, but shroomgod's statement threw me a bit. I certainly don't want to accidentally ingest any of it.

Thanks.

Edited by noob_queb (08/10/06 10:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocibec
Farmer
 User Gallery
Re: drying - desiccant question [Re: noob_queb]
    #5952399 - 08/10/06 11:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I dry my mushs with a product like this one of urs

I have no problems and nice crackcing mushrooms!

Peace, love and poetry!

--------------------
BR
What god do is good
All man have the rigth to do what they want.
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

OfflineTrippleM
Lunatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: West Virginia (transplant...
Re: drying - desiccant question [Re: Psilocibec]
    #5953026 - 08/11/06 04:16 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The best way I've found for drying is simply moving air around your shrooms. Set em up on a screen tray w/ a fan blowing on them or also a food dehydrator w/ the heating element disconnected.

After that I'll zip em up in a ziplock baggie w/ a silica gel pac for good measure.

Check out "jakesmp.com" (Jake's Market Place) for a wide variety of desiccant packs.

Happy Shroomin'....

Tripple M

--------------------
This is a "role-playing" forum, right?

Offlinenoob_queb
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5953154 - 08/11/06 06:57 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks folks!

Edited by noob_queb (08/11/06 06:58 AM)

Offline76degrees
Apprentice

Loc: Middle Earth
    #5953184 - 08/11/06 07:37 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I use damprid in a similar set up to yours. you'll be fine. I think he means don't set the mushroom directly onto the damprid. Common sense, right.

--------------------
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag