Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
20 Arrested in London
    #5949463 - 08/10/06 12:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quick... before their names are made public, let's run a pool on how many of these thwarted 'splodeydopes have a "Mohammed" or "Mahmoud" as one of their names. I'll guess nine.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1230417,00.html

Quote:

Plane Terror Plot Thwarted
Updated: 07:22, Thursday August 10, 2006

Police say they have disrupted a major plot to blow up a dozen planes over UK and US cities with explosive devices smuggled aboard as hand luggage.

Police are have arrested 20 people in London - the culmination of a covert counter-terrorist operation lasting several months.

Passengers trying to board international flights from the UK are not being allowed to carry on normal hand luggage.

Sky News' Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said there were concerns that certain explosives could evade x-ray screening of hand luggage.

Brunt said the threat was thought to be imminent and those arrested were mainly young, British-born Asian men. (***note to American readers*** in the UK it is common to refer to Pakistanis and Indians as "Asian" -- Phred)

He said the alleged plan involved people boarding flights and detonating explosives on planes over UK and US cities.

The Home Secretary John Reid said the alleged plot was a "major threat" to bring down a number of planes.

The Home Office's level of security - indicating public risk - has been raised from 'severe' to 'critical'.

The swoop followed a pre-planned intelligence led operation by the Met's anti-terrorist branch and security service.

A police statement said: "This is a major operation which inevitably will be lengthy and complex. We will provide further information as soon as possible."

Lengthy queues at airports have been reported and a Transport Department spokesman said delays were inevitable.

"Passengers are being asked to allow themselves plenty of extra time and to ensure that other than the few permitted items, all their belongings are placed in their hold baggage and checked in.

"These additional security measures will make travel more difficult for passengers, particularly at such a busy time of the year.

You can bet your bottom dollar that at some point in their investiation the UK authorities violated some civil liberties. Let's all send outraged letters of protest to the British Home Office to teach them a lesson.

Phred

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Phred]
    #5949468 - 08/10/06 12:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I dont understand how people get caught doing this stuff...

This is strictly hypothetical, but I work at an airport, and I can think of 10 ways I could bring down a plane. Numerous planes...

People have to be seriously incompetent. Maybe its the racial factor working against them.

Again, I'm not condoning terrorism. Blowing up planes is wrong. I'm just saying, terrorism doesnt seem to be very hard to do. But people screw it up all the time....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5949483 - 08/10/06 12:47 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Like I said, they probably got caught because their civil liberties were violated. Phone taps, interception of e-mails, bugs placed in strategic locations, racial profiling, infiltration of mosques... maybe all that and more. Too bad the ACLU doesn't operate in the UK. This case cries out for ACLU involvement.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#5949497 - 08/10/06 12:57 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not biting...

:smirk:

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#5949521 - 08/10/06 01:04 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Okay... while this story is still in its early stages, let's have another pool on how long it takes the UK authorities to warn about a "backlash" caused by "Islamophobia" and detail groups of bobbies to protect London mosques from rampaging Brits.

I'll say four hours from the time of this post. Anyone else have a guess?

Phred

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#5949547 - 08/10/06 01:16 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I love how you put "Islamophobia" in quotes, but say "Islamo-Facism" all the time like its a real thing.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#5949561 - 08/10/06 01:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I say that all the time? You have me confused with someone else. I haven't used that term in years.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#5949577 - 08/10/06 01:29 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I admit that you and Zappa pretty much fuse together in my mind.

Less lately, since me and Zappa have been talking baseball...

But I more or less consider you the same poster.

I know you arent, but your views more or less mirror each other, and your pretty much the only Conservatives on here who can argue a coherent point.

--------------------

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5949655 - 08/10/06 02:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

What are the odds this story ranks alongside "Tanks at Heathrow" in 2003 or the "men in space suits looking for ricin" in 2004 scams?

Remember, 1000 people have been arrested since 2000 because of "terror-related offences" with only 154 charged with anything.

No doubt Blair is already planning on using this as excuse to introduce more "anti-terror" curbs on our freedom.

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5949657 - 08/10/06 02:27 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

your pretty much the only Conservatives on here who can argue a coherent point.

I wouldn't go that far  :laugh:

OfflineniCCa
BwaBwaHan
Loc: Earth temporarily
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Alex213]
    #5949717 - 08/10/06 04:21 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i'm being picked on bullied,harassed for year since i arrive in india to write exams , Yes, you 're Right, Momammed Fisal & Mhmd. Shber, , they entered my room when i go out, took pics of me shooting my pain medications, MMS pics of it incl. naked pictures, to their community, and accused me of kayal(High Dream) on drugs such as ganja(but later changed to Bhang, then Syabu, now MEtacine=
Morphine & Pethidine) all balls, when it's buprenrphine i take about 1.5ml max every 1 hour plus in the past, due to their deliberate harassments noise shoutings, gossips to whole town i am a drug pusher addict ,many ppl here in Mangalore India ill treat me,
even young children...my reputation is spoilt, no privacy as police have put spy wi cam recorders pickups in my room, tap my hand set, follow me, inform the authority of Malaysia( shame,Hurts religion ,race , countries all humanmade divide humans), e.g. airport to check me...i've been told by College Dean that the police want to arrest me,put a warrant & deprive me of my medication, saying i get high when now i'm typing in pain.they say i am Oscar award winning actor pretender, god, that i pretend to be ill in my room, but it's very hard to pretend alright when in public...all the 'bads' highlighted or made up, Can U imagine, i've not smoked Weed since last year, that too was given free when i refused as seller was pestering me to buy in public view(catching attention of busybody wannabe heroes)...Now, i dont know what will happen next, my exams has been manipulated, the examiners were pissed off wt me as i "feelKnow" word has spread to them that i'm a drug addict & if i be Dr i will Kill Patients,"How long are you going to be like this?!" asked one examiner,&"What's this specimen?....Brown sugar?"
i'm called a kafir & what i do is called Haram as i heard them say their excuse why i am picked on when i Never Disturb/hurt/harm/damage/do wrong to anyone/anything at all...This site is hacked by these types, Just Be wary of newbs here frm Asia esp in Chat.they pretend cool...how to enjoy , kayal when i take pain medication to not suffer...now either prison/psychiatric ward/if lucky, i'll be back in Malaysia this month.....PEACE Amigos,Senoritaz, Senors, Mein Freunds \m/
Peace, & One :Success Bestest 2 every1 if ever this is my last here...seri, Vamp knows my inventins , modifications & they wanna know the healing secrets /Powers of shrooms...just cock talk, you know who the newbs are.Yours Truthfully,& Ad,Hat, Bix, BillyG, Gm,O, PH,Pnutb, every1...\m/Peace

--------------------
Heaveno...CU CU CU CU CU in the Highway...Peace

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #5949718 - 08/10/06 04:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
I dont understand how people get caught doing this stuff...

This is strictly hypothetical, but I work at an airport, and I can think of 10 ways I could bring down a plane. Numerous planes...

People have to be seriously incompetent. Maybe its the racial factor working against them.

Again, I'm not condoning terrorism. Blowing up planes is wrong. I'm just saying, terrorism doesnt seem to be very hard to do. But people screw it up all the time....

if thats true..then a case could be made that its another karl rove setup (like that loose series of rants that became an "intricate plot" to blow up the holland tunnel).. however staged in the UK given credit to scotland yard so as to make it seem less obvious..since rove only needs to present the appearence of a continuing "terrorist threat" in order to scare voters to the repugnicans...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #5949721 - 08/10/06 04:31 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Like I said, they probably got caught because their civil liberties were violated. Phone taps, interception of e-mails, bugs placed in strategic locations, racial profiling, infiltration of mosques... maybe all that and more. Too bad the ACLU doesn't operate in the UK. This case cries out for ACLU involvement.

assuming that is the case (which i doubt)..then your merely replacing one risk factor with another..and not making anyone safer...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5949749 - 08/10/06 05:09 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

> Before their names are made public, let's run a pool on how many of these thwarted 'splodeydopes have a "Mohammed" or "Mahmoud" as one of their names.

That would be racial profiling and we have been told that racial profiling doesn't help identify probable terrorists. See, little-ol-granny could be a bomb totting pawn for OBL. You just never know. Since racial profiling doesn't help identify probable sploidy-types, I don't think a single one of them will have a "Mohammed" or "Mahmoud" in their name.

> assuming that is the case (which i doubt)..

I had assumed he was speaking with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Seuss]
    #5949816 - 08/10/06 07:05 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The reason they catch people is because they make this shit up. That or they entrap them, which has happened in the US 2 times already that I remeber.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: twiggedoubt]
    #5949832 - 08/10/06 07:27 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

twiggedoubt said:
The reason they catch people is because they make this shit up.  That or they entrap them, which has happened in the US 2 times already that I remeber.

So the only thing that will make you believe they would actually do it is seeing them pull it off?  Maybe they just like to brush their teeth with RDX, who are we to judge them?  :rolleyes:

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#5950233 - 08/10/06 11:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I dunno if the UK authorities have started guarding London mosques against Islamophobic backlash yet, but the British Parliament has wasted no time springing into action:

From http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2306

Quote:

UK Panel Asks: Why Do They Hate Airplanes?

by Scott Ott

(2006-08-10) — The British Parliament, in a rapid response to a terror plot foiled by Scotland Yard yesterday, announced formation of a study panel today to determine why some Muslims hate airplanes.

Early reports indicate 21 men have been taken into custody in connection with a plan to take down an unknown number of U.S.-bound passenger jets originating in Great Britain.

The expert panel will examine various theories about why airplanes engender such hatred among devoted followers of a peaceful religion.

“Is it the horrendous noise? The speed? The condensation trails?” said one unnamed source close to the panel, listing some of the areas of inquiry the experts plan to pursue. “Because if it’s any of those things, we can get to work on engineering changes to make airplanes more tolerable to our Muslim brothers.”

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5950259 - 08/10/06 11:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:

Phred

So are you of the opinion that their civil liberties should not be violated, and it would be better if they killed many people. For the sake of everyone keeping their civil liberties? This is a serious question, I am trying to figure out my stance. On the one hand, many lives were saved, on the other, we are all that much closer to a police state.

Now that I think of it, it wouldn't be far fetched that this was all made up, to make people(like me) debate giving up their liberties for the sake of human life. 9/11 anyone?

This world is starting to terrify me.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#5950307 - 08/10/06 11:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Just to put people's minds at ease, that spoof from Scrappleface is just that -- a spoof. The British Parliament hasn't yet convened such a panel, and may never convene such a panel.

There will of course be a lot more information coming out over the next while regarding this latest venture by followers of the Religion of Peace (TM), but here is the best single summarizing article I've come across so far -- http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2306721,00.html

For a comprehensive digest of several other articles, many of which go into considerably more detail on various aspects of the plot, check out http://michellemalkin.com/archives/005696.htm

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #5950347 - 08/10/06 12:00 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
Quote:

Phred said:

Phred

So are you of the opinion that their civil liberties should not be violated, and it would be better if they killed many people. For the sake of everyone keeping their civil liberties? This is a serious question, I am trying to figure out my stance. On the one hand, many lives were saved, on the other, we are all that much closer to a police state.

Now that I think of it, it wouldn't be far fetched that this was all made up, to make people(like me) debate giving up their liberties for the sake of human life. 9/11 anyone?

This world is starting to terrify me.

actually..the amerikkkan ppl already have made the decision to surrender their freedoms in return for their lives..despite the very glaring contradiction...

EDIT ..the timing of this event..immediately after lieberman lost in CT..is especially telling...theres talk that was about to rush to liebermans' aid..and this might well be that aid...

Edited by Annapurna1 (08/10/06 12:11 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale