Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineconfusedteen420
LoStStOnEr
My first expieriment
    #593931 - 03/30/02 06:43 PM (22 years, 3 days ago)

Hi I'm new to the board and new to shrooming. I have went hunting plenty before but always during the summer when the shrooms arent really that good. Anyway I'm a 15 year old living with my parents with no source of income. I recently sterilized two substrates (one was dried grass, and one mud with a little bit of dried grass) and then I went to a field close to my house and found some live mycelium and transferred it to two bags of sterilized water, then shook it around and poured one over each substrate. That was two weeks ago and it is spreading like crazy with not much light and around seventy-three degrees. I was just going to ask for some ideas or advise on something to stimulate growth, but remember i live with my parents so no extremes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first expieriment [Re: confusedteen420]
    #594018 - 03/30/02 08:31 PM (22 years, 3 days ago)

Your name fits you well.

You really need to read the PF Tek and the FAQ.

Good luck with your grass and mud pies..... I miss my childhood too.
But those aren't going to grow mushrooms.

And i'm not going to tell you that your too young.....cause i was when i started.
But be prepared for some flames.

Good luck !
Have a Shroomy day !

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineMillencolin
journeyman
    #594044 - 03/30/02 09:04 PM (22 years, 3 days ago)

Be careful man, are you positive in your identification of this strain of mycellium?

--------------------
I saw you today on the number twelve bus,
you were going my way

Offlineconfusedteen420
LoStStOnEr
Re: My first expieriment [Re: Roadkill]
    #594414 - 03/31/02 09:07 AM (22 years, 3 days ago)

Hey roadkill how come you say they want grow mushrooms? Really I need all the help I can get I dont care if I seem retarded just help me.

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
    #594451 - 03/31/02 09:42 AM (22 years, 3 days ago)

they could possibly grow shrooms if conditions were right and you used colonized dung to innoculate the STERILZED grass, the probabally wont do shit... but did the mycellium come from a psilocybe producing cow pattie, or did you just go out get some shit and put it in jars?

your getting so much shit from this because you obviously didnt take much time to read, if you had access to some shroomies growing in a field it would be easy enough to print one and grow them the right way.

InvisibleTarga
    #594547 - 03/31/02 11:50 AM (22 years, 3 days ago)

Confused:  I would have to agree with the above, and ask again....how are you POSITIVE that the mycelium you found outside is a strain of Psilocybin mushroom and not some poisonous species?  You're obviously not a mycologist, and I think it would take someone who is an extraordinary expert to identify a species by the visual inspection of mycelium in the field.

Anyway, I suppose you could wait until you have mushrooms and try to identify them at that point.  I'm new also, so I can't give you as good advice as you would get from some of the more experienced people here.  First, I think you want to cover the container to block out light and keep moisture in.  Also, if there's any way you can SAFELY raise the temperature, you might want to try getting it around 80 degrees.  Keep it covered and in the dark until it's fully colonized with mycelium.  Mist with a spray bottle if the top looks like it's drying out, but try to mist lightly, and don't make big droplets or puddles.  When it's fully colonized, uncover it and put it in a place where it can get light for about 10-12 hours a day, keep the humidity really high, and lower the temperature back down to 73-78 or so.  The drop in temperature and exposure to light should trigger mushroom growth.  Try to do a web search for "casing tek" and read up on it.  Grass and mud isn't that great of a substrate.  What was the mycelium growing on when you found it?  Anyway, good luck, and keep a low profile with your parents around!  :wink: 

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: My first expieriment [Re: Targa]
    #594638 - 03/31/02 02:07 PM (22 years, 2 days ago)

just making another post your little "experiment" is fine, but if some mushrooms actually do ever grow DO not eat them until you are 100 percent positive they are not poisonous... its fun to grow things so theres nothing wrong with what your doing if you got some mycellium in the grass... but just be safe, while your watching that grow read up on the PF tek and PM me ill send you a print to get some really fun spores to look at under a microscope just to help out a newbie... but you have to read up so you will know what to do... you know with the microscope :-)

Offlineconfusedteen420
LoStStOnEr
Re: My first expieriment [Re: LSD_4me]
    #594836 - 03/31/02 06:54 PM (22 years, 2 days ago)

For all of those that didnt know I got the mycelium from a cow field that I hunt in every year. About 97% of the mushrooms that grow there are P. cubenis. I failed to mention that I mixed the dirt about 50/50 cow shit that was colonizing with mycelium. I know what the cubenises that grow around here look like Ive picked them for three years now and have no intention of eating any mushroom I cant 100% identify and if all else fails I'll give some to someone I do not like and wait about a month and half...Just kidding. Anyway I have been sucessfully hunting mushrooms for three years now and I know not to eat anything I cant identify, but thanks for your consern.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #594971 - 03/31/02 09:16 PM (22 years, 2 days ago)

Don't mix manure with dirt.

Do some reading..... I swear....*whispers* >> newbies.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate