Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEndlessNameless
Stranger

Loc: Valley of the Sun
San Pedro Initial Preperation
    #5942504 - 08/08/06 12:33 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hello all,

In the near future I would like to partake in a mescaline experience. I found some local nurseries that carry potted San Pedro, varying in size and diameter. Some of the pots have several San Pedro columns, others have short columns with thick diameters, and others are tall and slender. My question is what would be an ideal purchase for my first experience? I found this dosage chart: Erowid San Pedro Dosage

Should I go for the smaller, thicker columns or for the tall slender cacti? For consumption I was planning on using this method: San Pedro Preparation

I read that in general you want to make your initial cut about 4 inches from the top of the cactus (to re-plant the top) and the second cut to be about 4 inches from the base so the plant can regrow. After cutting my section, I would think the cactus should be dried, is this the case? If so what would be the quickest and best method for this? I hope to prepare this cactus on Saturday and consume it either Saturday night or Sunday morning. Thanks a million in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleMezcal
Re: San Pedro Initial Preperation [Re: EndlessNameless]
    #5942623 - 08/08/06 01:20 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The cutting info you give is good, but there's no real reason to waste the energy drying out the cactus segment you want to consume. Just remove the outer, waxy layer and the inner woody core, blend it up, boil it, filter it, reduce it and enjoy.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: San Pedro Initial Preperation [Re: Mezcal]
    #5942657 - 08/08/06 01:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I would go for the thicker columns hands down. No reason to really explain why.

You could use the most traditional of methods and just eat the damn thing. Cut it into slices, like a pickle spear, cut the core off of each piece and eat the green insides out of each thin piece.

For a more elongated and intense effect, take all the skins and boil them while you eat... You can even add some core even though its pretty inactive.

Thats the way I had done it almost every time. It really gets that mescaline in to your system. As for the taste, Its not so bad..... Just grin and bear it........ I enjoy tasting some really strange tastes when using plant hallucinogens. I personally, embrace it/enjoy it.....

Also I wouldnt expect your cacti from the local nursury to be very potent. But if its san pedro, its something.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (08/08/06 01:33 AM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: San Pedro Initial Preperation [Re: yageman]
    #5942735 - 08/08/06 01:54 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

"Just remove the outer, waxy layer and the inner woody core, blend it up, boil it, filter it, reduce it and enjoy."

I agree with you that the drying is not needed, but I suggest just following mj's guide in the link posted, rather than removing things, etc. The waxy layer is a bitch to remove sometimes, and you might lose some of the most valuable part of the cactus.

The very center column can be skipped though, if you feel it worth the time. I've done it exactly like the guide posted, removing nothing, and it has only worked extremely well.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleEndlessNameless
Stranger

Re: San Pedro Initial Preperation [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5944156 - 08/08/06 03:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Koala Koolio said:
"Just remove the outer, waxy layer and the inner woody core, blend it up, boil it, filter it, reduce it and enjoy."

I agree with you that the drying is not needed, but I suggest just following mj's guide in the link posted, rather than removing things, etc. The waxy layer is a bitch to remove sometimes, and you might lose some of the most valuable part of the cactus.

The very center column can be skipped though, if you feel it worth the time. I've done it exactly like the guide posted, removing nothing, and it has only worked extremely well.

So if I don't remove the woody core, boiling it / blending it will eventually soften it for consumption? Thanks for your help

InvisibleEndlessNameless
Stranger

Re: San Pedro Initial Preperation [Re: yageman]
    #5944177 - 08/08/06 03:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:

Also I wouldnt expect your cacti from the local nursury to be very potent. But if its san pedro, its something.

Why don't you think it will be very potent? Do you think the nurseries neglect the cactus reducing the alkaloid content? Would you recommend ordering it online instead?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: San Pedro Initial Preperation [Re: EndlessNameless]
    #5944249 - 08/08/06 03:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

No. Most online shops don't have a clue about what they're doing, or even what they're selling anyway. They have different sources and different batches, much of the time. If you have surely found san pedro in a local shop, your chances are just as good as if you find some online, only 2 factors come to mind:

1. Pesticides. Maybe it would be a good plant to *grow out* for a few years and then make some cuttings?

2. Price.

As for the prep: Yes, the core and the spines and the waxy layer all are blended and then softened in the boiling process. Just follow the guide and you're set.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleEndlessNameless
Stranger

Re: San Pedro Initial Preperation [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5944916 - 08/08/06 07:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Cool man, thanks  :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies