Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJraft
Psychonaut inTraining
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Very Slow LC Growth...
    #5942022 - 08/07/06 08:03 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I had no access to a spore print or syringe, so I though i would attempt to start an LC from a dryed mushroom cap. I was very careful with sterlization of EVERYTHING and i scraped the gills of a small cap which was barely open into an LC of water and honey. As rediculous and unhopful as this all may sound, i acctually have some mycellum(sorry about spelling) growing. But it is a very small amount for the amount of time it has been growing.. It takes up like a cubic inch of space. Now im wondering if the reason it is growing so slow is becuase of the very small amount of spores that were successfully scraped off the dryed cap. I will post pictures tomorrow if nessasary. I would really like to try and solve this becuase it would be quite the accomplishment if i could make it work. Any help would be great. Thanks.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Very Slow LC Growth... [Re: Jraft]
    #5942037 - 08/07/06 08:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

what exactly is the amount of time its been growing?

are you sure its mycelium? molds and bacteria will happily grow in LC as well... the chances of getting a clean and viable culture from a dried cap by means of liquid culture are very, very slim.

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

#5942049 - 08/07/06 08:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Its growing very small from bacteria contam or your temps need to be more in the 80-86 range. If I were you, I'd buy a bail of wheat straw, cut about a jars worth of 1-3 inche wheat pieces, pasteurize them (inside pillow case, 170 degrees, 1 hour, boil on top to keep down, let sit on oven rack over the sink for 1-2 hours) then crumble what cake you have with the straw, then redo the process this time taking your whole jars worth of mycelium and mixing it with 4 jars worth of straw.

Oh wait I didn't read "LC growth" Oh well maybe that post will help someone out there.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

OfflineJraft
Psychonaut inTraining
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: Very Slow LC Growth... [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5942101 - 08/07/06 08:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I am pretty sure it is mycelium. Maybe not though, im no expert thats for sure. Its been growing for like.. two weeks probably.. I think tomorrow i will prepare another LC jar and suck out the mycelium from this jar and put it in the new one and see what happens.. I didnt really measure anything so i may have put too much honey in it. Ill be more precise this time and see what happens. Thanks

--------------------

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5942174 - 08/07/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

well some ideas...

the best ways to test it would be to look at the solution under a microscope or to place a drop or two on an agar dish... but i'm guessing if you haven't come across spores you're not that far yet.... so that aside, make up a cake or a small grain jar and test some in there when you 'transplant' the rest over to the new solution.  you'll see whats going on a lot better. if you transfer whatever it is to another LC, and it grows more... it still doesn't mean you've got mycelium. :smile:

a cubic inch worth in two weeks time is reasonable, considering it takes time for spores to germinate, and if other factors are missing like agitation, or proper incubation temperatures.  of course if you used too much honey it could be cause for slow growth, and if you used very little it could be 'done' already... definitely measure careful your next time around.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures