Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmokemon
Loc: Northeast
Quicky Colonization II (Please post responses!!!)
    #593898 - 03/30/02 05:48 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

What's the fastest way to get a cake to fruit? I'm birthing a cake monday night and I want to trip saturday. I'm thinking about putting the cake in a quart jar full of water in the fridge overnight monday. (cold shocking plus dunking's gotta help). Tuesday morning, it's going right into a perlite terrarium. Plenty of light, plenty of fresh air. If I do all this, can I be tripping saturday? I don't mind eating wet, possibly immature shrooms. I just want to know if I can count on enough fruit on the cake to do what I want. Ok, last time I posted this, someone suggested eating the cakes. I imagine that vermiculite is a little rough on the digestive system. Does cranberry juice extraction work? Or should I just try to fruit it? Would I do better to let it sit in an incubator for 5 more days and then do an extraction, or try to fruit?

--------------------
"The concept of "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" is enshrined in the documents upon which this nation of ours is supposedly founded. If the pursuit of happiness does not mean the right to experiment with your own state of mind, then those words aren't worth the hemp they're written on." - Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: Quicky Colonization II (Please post responses!!!) [Re: Smokemon]
    #593929 - 03/30/02 06:41 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

I would`nt extract from a cake with verm.... it`s made from rock and could`nt be to good for you... also I`ve heard that the dust could be carcinogenic = "cause cancer". Most tea recipes or juice extractions they are talking about pure grain cakes..Rye... wheat berries.. brown rice etc.... I doubt if you`ll have enough to get high on in 5 days after birth.... they`ll be tiny immature babies... unless you birthed a dozen cakes

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Offlinecgrossoman

#593956 - 03/30/02 07:26 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

Its not worth it all youll be getting is primordia, just wait believe me. Be patient, i know its tough but plan on doing something else, in a couple weeks youll have some nice mature mushrooms to chew on.

But the 100% cranberry juice extraction might work if you let it sit for a week, actually i think it would but i think its a waste since you could just do this with the cake after its spent and plus youd have mush

Just wait it isnt worth it

OfflineEntheogenic
Chicken Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest USA
Re: Quicky Colonization II (Please post responses! [Re: Smokemon]
    #594259 - 03/31/02 02:36 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

When Christmas break came along, afoaf's terrarium had to be shut down, even though he had just birthed two 1/2 pint BRF/verm cakes a week prior that had yet to pin. Didn't want to chuck 'em (obviously), so this guy went to the store, picked up a big bottle of ocean spray cranberry juice, tossed one chopped cake each in two gatorade bottles, then shook the shit out of them for roughly an hour. Tried about 5 different methods of straining until a suitable filter was found - an old t-shirt. Strained into a glass, chugged "Man Show" style, and enjoyed a very mild trip. Minimal visuals, zero mind fuck, mild stone, heavy body load, lasted about 4 hours, then extreme lethargy set in. Slept heavily, felt slightly woozy first half of next day.

Could only imagine that afoaf would have enjoyed better results if he had used multiple cakes, but he didn't have a choice - power gets shut down Friday at 7 at his university, and only two cakes were colonized.

My advice? BE PATIENT. One cake could fruit into many level 3 trips' worth of actual shrooms if you wait for it. Probably not by Saturday, but most certainly in a few weeks if ya do it right.

Good luck, and happy shrooming.

Entheogenic

--------------------

"These people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined." - Homer J. Simpson

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
Re: Quicky Colonization II (Please post responses! [Re: Entheogenic]
    #594371 - 03/31/02 08:08 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

I have made tea from rye cakes and have had similar results, more like a strange stone than a trip.

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
Loc: kentucky
Re: Quicky Colonization II (Please post responses! [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #594476 - 03/31/02 10:07 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

yeah, personally the extraction process from the cakes sux. Ive heard people rave about it. But not I said the fly.
First off its nearly impossible getting all the verm out(BTW as far as Verm being a carcinogen, thats not true). either way Verm doesnt sit well on the stomach, so you want to get it all out anyways. And it takes at least 2 cakes per person to get off, and its not the same as getting off on shrooms.
I tried it with cranberry juice and will never try it again.
As for your ETA, you pretty much have no chance on that. Sorry man

Patience is a virtue!

InvisibleTarga
    #594555 - 03/31/02 11:58 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

Well, it's too late now, but I just read a Tek where the mycelium is grown on rye berries and when fully colonized washed with a cranberry juice (and a touch of something else I think) to remove all the mycelium from the rye. The author said he doesn't like eating shrooms, and he has great trips from drinking the cranberry juice/mycelium combo. OK, found it, here it is for future reference:

Originally posted to alt.drugs.psychedelics, March 3, 1995

This technique works.

It is extremely easy.

It is optimized for the individual home grower.

This writeup is my personal technique developed after trying both the Homestead and Psylocybe Fanaticus Kits. I also read Stamets' and Oss & Oeric's books on mushroom cultivation, and experimented with the techniques published on the net.

I found it rather difficult to grow actual mushrooms (carpaphores), but ridiculously easy to grow the mycelium. This document explains my ULTRA simplified technique for growing the mycelium and extracting the psilocin with cranberry juice.

It is based on Psylocybe Fanaticus's spore syringes, but you can also use a spore print or a piece of sterile mycelium. I heartily recommend getting PF's syringes, as they make the sterile process very easy.

Mycelium Growing Technique
For the ultimate in growing ease, don't bother with trying to get the mycelium to fruit or with all the crap about trying to isolate a pure strain. Pure strains are used in very high-tech commercial enterprises, where absolute consistent yield is critical. Nature herself doesn't work that way. The bias against multi-spore innoculation stems from an observation that a small number of pure strains are sometimes antagonistic on agar.
The latest research shows that something completely different happens when large numbers of strains are growing together. With numerous strains, the various clones somehow cease to be antagonistic, and form a "symbiosis" that is actually beneficial. This is great, because it allows us to SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY!

I have read that the concentration of psilocin is lower in the mycelium, but you have to weigh that with the fact that it is really hard to get good fruiting. Besides, I have definitely proven that the mycelium is plenty strong enough!

Here's how to grow the mycelium on organic rye without the tedious fruiting step.

Media preparation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For each quart canning jar of 300g rye + 300g water, you get one really strong dose or two conservative doses (This is with my strain of P. cubensis -- your mileage may vary -- start with a 1/4 jar dose and work up). You should wait about 2 weeks after complete permeation for maximum potency. Make sure that you use organic rye! If it is not labelled, it is probably grown with fungicides that will absolutely guarantee failure.
I punch a hole in the (upside-down) canning lid with a nail. Add the rye and water to the quart jar. Some recommend also adding a crushed calcium tablet for better growth. Put the lid on the jar and cover with a 6" square of aluminum foil, crimped around the lid. Process at 15 lbs pressure for 30 minutes. Let cool slowly. Remove the jars, and place in a dust and draft-free sterilized transfer chamber. (You can use an aquarium turned sideways with a plastic sheet taped over the opening)

Innoculation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sterilize the tank with lysol or alcohol prior to use. (Caution: FLAMMABLE) Clean your hands with alcohol and wear rubber gloves. For each jar, take off the foil, exposing the hole in the lid. Set the foil, topside-down on a clean surface (don't contaminate the inside of the foil, as you will be re-using it to cover the lid again). Sterilize the PF spore syringe tip in a alcohol lamp flame and (shake well) inject about .5-1 cc of liquid through the hole in the lid. Replace foil with the sterile side against the jar. Repeat process for each jar.
Alternatively, you could remove the lid and scrape in some dry spores from a spore print or use some sterile mycelium taken from an existing culture.

Growth
At this point, you simply place the jars in a clean, dark place and wait for permeation. You get the most rapid growth if you shake up the grains every 3 or 4 days. This is part of the reason for using rye berries. Rice simply won't shake up properly. It clumps. The inside of the clumps never get innoculated and it takes weeks for the mycelium to permeate. While it is taking such a long time, it is easy for contaminants to get the upper hand. Organic rye stays loose and allows the mycelium to rapidly colonize.
Once colonized, you are done. The jars will stay nice and useable for 3 or 4 months if kept in a cool, dark place. If I break open a jar and use part of it for a dose, I usually keep the remainder in the fridge, where it will last a month or so until you finish it off.

Psilocin extraction
To extract the mycelium, simply add ~500g of Cranberry Juice mixed with 1/2 tsp of ascorbic acid crystals (vitamin C) to each jar of well-permeated mycelium and shake well. Add a glass marble as an agitator if you like. The acidified liquid will remove the active components, leaving behind the rye grains. Pour off the liquid and enjoy. The extracted liquid should be a milky consistency with a thick, frothy layer of mycelium. If you want to get all the material, then do a second extraction with another cup of juice.
It is probably an aquired taste, but I have found the resulting brew to be quite palatable, and have never had any nausea using this method. The onset of the trip occurs in about 20-30 minutes.

When you are done, there is always some residual mycelium left on the grain. Rather than throw it out, try innoculating your backyard compost pile. Or take it to you local field, etc. Perhaps we can encourage this fungus to extend it's range across the world.

Continuing the cycle
To continue the growing process, you can either grow some other batches to fruiting using the PF method to get spores, or you can simply transfer some grains of rye from the old batch to new jars of sterilized grain. The transfers will have to be done with sterile technique.
After many transfers, you may find reduced vigor. At this point, you will need to have to use spores to start the cycle over again. (Or get more syringes from PF -- The syringes will keep at least a year in the fridge.) It is nice to be self-sufficient, though. I wouldn't count on our fascist government allowing PF to stay in business indefinitely.

A large pressure cooker will process 7 quart jars. Because of the time factor, and the tolerance that one quickly develops to the mushrooms, you can really only indulge about oncd a week. 7 jars will produce 14 doses, or about 4 months worth of mycelium. The effort required to maintain a continuous supply is only 1 or 2 hours every 4 months. The mycelium may be grown in total darkness, and the jars are quite easy to discretely conceal.

Personal observations, dosage, set & setting...
This section is my personal opinion developed after 10 or 12 full-strength trips. Take it with a grain of salt. Your mileage may vary.
Even though you can trip as often as once per week, I don't recommend it. A "full" dosage opens your perceptions to a completely different view of the world. The experience is so at odds the "standard" view of "consentual reality" that you risk losing touch with friends, work, politics, business, etc, if you over indulge. For this reason, I have found it best to think of your usage as something to provide sacred inspiration, and not something for casual entertainment. Perhaps two consecutive trips, every 2 or 3 months would be a good balance for initial investigation.

Also be careful with the dosage. Start small the first few times. A full, entheogenic dose can be absolutely frightening, as you are completely drawn into an alien world. To me this world seems to be the inner workings that lie just below the surface of consentual reality. Don't freak. You just need to remember that you will be back to normal in a few hours. Try to learn as much as you can. For many people, this is the most intense spiritual experience of their lifetime.

Because the vision that is received through P. cubensis appears to be so consistent across multiple people, I am inclined to believe that it is an actual, useful view of the way the universe is organized. The insight that I've gotten is very much in harmony with quantum physics and my understanding of the Buddhist view of the world. I believe it is a very valuable eye-opener and the experience should be available to any adult that desires to explore their mind and the way it interacts with the numinous cosmos. When taken in this light, P. cubensis becomes a freedom of religion issue.

The experience has been described as a "trip", and like a "trip" you have some control the destination. You can, with light doses, steer it towards a hedonist, masturbatory sort of thing. Alternatively, you can be find yourself overwhelmed with nature, have very deep cosmological insights (that still make sense when you are sober again!), or you can blow it watching some stupid movie. Think ahead and make the most of your 6 hours. At higher doses, a lot of your control vanishes, but you can still keep your wits about you and keep yourself from freaking. The Aztecs preferred to take their mushrooms indoors in total darkness for maximum visuals and personal insight.

Plan ahead. You will be awake for 6-10 hours (including a several hour "afterglow" where you will no longer be tripping, but you will still not be able to sleep). I usually take shrooms on Saturday afternoons. This gives me ample time to come down, get some good sleep, and have all of Sunday to be ready to return to work/school, etc.

Be responsible. This is very heady stuff. I have never given any doses to anyone, although I would consider sharing spores with a friend. I think that this is such a mind-blowing experience that it is good to have a strong barrier to experimentation. If someone is clear-headed enough to master the culturing requirements, then they can very likely handle the implications of mushroom experience. Treat it like a loaded handgun. It is much more likely to be a positive experience when the user is informed, mature, and aware.

Please post any improvements on this technique to the net.
Archive this information, redistribute it, and reproduce it as you see fit.

OfflineR0B0G3N3S1S
Quantum Mechanic

Loc: Noosphere
Re: Quicky Colonization II (Please post responses!!!) [Re: Targa]
    #21726132 - 05/26/15 07:18 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Targa said:

<br>Personal observations, dosage, set & setting...
<br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<br>This section is my personal opinion developed after 10 or 12 full-strength trips. Take it with a grain of salt. Your mileage may vary.
<br>Even though you can trip as often as once per week, I don't recommend it. A "full" dosage opens your perceptions to a completely different view of the world. The experience is so at odds the "standard" view of "consentual reality" that you risk losing touch with friends, work, politics, business, etc, if you over indulge. For this reason, I have found it best to think of your usage as something to provide sacred inspiration, and not something for casual entertainment. Perhaps two consecutive trips, every 2 or 3 months would be a good balance for initial investigation.
<br>
<br>Also be careful with the dosage. Start small the first few times. A full, entheogenic dose can be absolutely frightening, as you are completely drawn into an alien world. To me this world seems to be the inner workings that lie just below the surface of consentual reality. Don't freak. You just need to remember that you will be back to normal in a few hours. Try to learn as much as you can. For many people, this is the most intense spiritual experience of their lifetime.
<br>
<br>Because the vision that is received through P. cubensis appears to be so consistent across multiple people, I am inclined to believe that it is an actual, useful view of the way the universe is organized. The insight that I've gotten is very much in harmony with quantum physics and my understanding of the Buddhist view of the world. I believe it is a very valuable eye-opener and the experience should be available to any adult that desires to explore their mind and the way it interacts with the numinous cosmos. When taken in this light, P. cubensis becomes a freedom of religion issue.
<br>
<br>The experience has been described as a "trip", and like a "trip" you have some control the destination. You can, with light doses, steer it towards a hedonist, masturbatory sort of thing. Alternatively, you can be find yourself overwhelmed with nature, have very deep cosmological insights (that still make sense when you are sober again!), or you can blow it watching some stupid movie. Think ahead and make the most of your 6 hours. At higher doses, a lot of your control vanishes, but you can still keep your wits about you and keep yourself from freaking. The Aztecs preferred to take their mushrooms indoors in total darkness for maximum visuals and personal insight.
<br>
<br>Plan ahead. You will be awake for 6-10 hours (including a several hour "afterglow" where you will no longer be tripping, but you will still not be able to sleep). I usually take shrooms on Saturday afternoons. This gives me ample time to come down, get some good sleep, and have all of Sunday to be ready to return to work/school, etc.
<br>
<br>Be responsible. This is very heady stuff. I have never given any doses to anyone, although I would consider sharing spores with a friend. I think that this is such a mind-blowing experience that it is good to have a strong barrier to experimentation. If someone is clear-headed enough to master the culturing requirements, then they can very likely handle the implications of mushroom experience. Treat it like a loaded handgun. It is much more likely to be a positive experience when the user is informed, mature, and aware.
<br>
<br>Please post any improvements on this technique to the net.
<br>Archive this information, redistribute it, and reproduce it as you see fit.
<br>
<br> 

--------------------
One should of, but shouldn't of had to.
Because One Shouldn't of, but had to.
Pm me If you are trying to discuss that one thing that everybody knows but is so hard to put into words.

OfflineR0B0G3N3S1S
Quantum Mechanic

Loc: Noosphere
Re: Quicky Colonization II (Please post responses!!!) [Re: Targa]
    #21726135 - 05/26/15 07:19 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry wrong thread

--------------------
One should of, but shouldn't of had to.
Because One Shouldn't of, but had to.
Pm me If you are trying to discuss that one thing that everybody knows but is so hard to put into words.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale