Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekarlfinn
Loc: Wild, Wonderfu,l West Vir...
no pics no trust?? hawk highly recommends *DELETED*
    #593869 - 03/30/02 04:55 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by karlfinn

Edited by karlfinn (03/31/02 04:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebassplayer74
old hand

Loc: Tennessee
Re: no pics no trust?? hawk highly recommends [Re: karlfinn]
    #594114 - 03/30/02 10:50 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I thinks its pretty dumb...The Little Guy doesn't have any pics and his goods are good.

--------------------
If you will it, it is no dream.

Offlinekarlfinn
Re: no pics no trust?? hawk highly recommends [Re: bassplayer74]
    #594302 - 03/31/02 04:52 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

good folks can rely on their products and service...
others whine.
man that pic ...gotta sting.....reminds me of that old film of the guy gettin a connon ball in the gut.....
.........pancake...ouch !! .more beers....and hurry....
thanx for the morning laugh.....

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#594391 - 03/31/02 08:40 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

OfflineSanta
Stranger
Loc: Everywhere
    #594464 - 03/31/02 09:55 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

check out Santa's website

now with B+ prints

Anonymous

Re: no pics no trust?? hawk highly recommends [Re: ralphster44]
    #594474 - 03/31/02 10:05 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Gee, after all the complaints about the pr's you are still pushing them? LOL!

Visit the SporeLab...we have a few pics, more on the way!

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #594540 - 03/31/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Nice trops Ralph but apparently you still havent read the post above where we said no banners in posts.

--------------------

Offlinekarlfinn
    #594645 - 03/31/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

hey ralph...all i needs is thatcool blue elf greetin' me and your list of research goods and i'm home...
i like your site because it does exactly what it is suppose to do....and that's all..
the rest is all your doing...and you do it so well...thanx.

InvisibleJackMehoff
enthusiast

Loc: up your ass
Re: no pics no trust?? hawk highly recommends [Re: ]
    #594659 - 03/31/02 02:59 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Your seven spore line selection is impressive CaptainMaxMushroom.
I see the 'Hawaiian Coneheads' are not available at this time!
Are these really a substrain of the infamous
B+/GoldenTeacher/PESHawiaain/PacificHybrid?
Do you have any pictures of these mushrooms?
When do you expect these spores to be available?

With impressive pictures like this one

it is easy to see how your business has thrived over the years.
Can we look forward to more of the same quality photographs?

After these many years of free advertiseing can the Shroomery count on your support?
When will you be purchaseing an add banner here?

--------------------
BULLSHIT

Edited by JackMehoff (03/31/02 03:10 PM)

Anonymous

Re: no pics no trust?? hawk highly recommends [Re: JackMehoff]
    #594688 - 03/31/02 03:31 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Would you rather see a pic of hundreds of shrooms on some fancy substrate with a caption 'You too can grow shrooms like this on brf and verm!'?
Pictures like that are decieving and don't represent what people are going to get. I prefer to show what people can really expect on thier brf cakes.

You got a problem with that?

Good! I hope you can't sleep at nite worrying about it!

InvisibleJackMehoff
enthusiast

#594700 - 03/31/02 03:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

No problem CaptainMaxMushroom. You can't take a compliment can you?

I see the 'Hawaiian Coneheads' are not available at this time!
Are these really a substrain of the infamous
B+/GoldenTeacher/PESHawiaain/PacificHybrid?
Do you have any pictures of these mushrooms?
When do you expect these spores to be available?

After these many years of free advertiseing can the Shroomery count on your support?
When will you be purchaseing an add banner here?

--------------------
BULLSHIT

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#596432 - 04/02/02 11:15 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

First off those comments have been on my site for a very long time because their were many spore vendor scams show up over the years. Some sites would show up with a whole list of every strain among OMC now, no pictures and take peoples money this disappear. I've seen many of them over the years. And sooner or later they all get brought up here and then disappear... but only AFTER ripping many ppl off first.
And there was even a website only a good 3 or 4 months ago that was ripping off other vendors pictures and posting them on their website, claiming to be in business for 10+ years with 25 workers under them. What a joke.

My comments are mostly geared to avoid those type of sites. Ralphster has been around long enough that ppl know him and know he is not a rip off. So yes it does come down to reputation and trust where he is concerned since he does not have any pictures on his website (whats up with that anyway RAlphster? )
HOw many new websites have just popped up recently to sell spores. Many.
No telling yet if any will turn out to be scam.

NOw here is some other food for thought. Look at Spore Trading Post. Many here know what a scam he is but yet many uneducated people do not. They fall victim to his scam.

Look in this thread about blue meanies
STP has been selling cubensis spores as Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens and calling them Blue Meanies for a while now. And at a rediculous price they were like $90 each. I emailed him several times about it and all he did was give me a bunch of bullshit. He continuesd to sell cubensis as panaeolus and yet even had a picture posted of cubensis.

Then one of these new spore vendors (Myco Fanatic) grows it out, thinks they are panaeolus, makes a post about, and even had them on his website to sell you prints of so called "blue meanies", panaeolus. Yet they are nothing more then cubensis. Is this person really qualified to be a spore vendor??
TAke a look at the thread for yourself. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Look at the scam that is going on with www.petfungus.com When MJ came back from Thailand with the ps. samuiensis prints that had not been seen or collected in over 10 years, petfungus claims to already have a ps. samuiensis strain from Pacific NW and is charging like $169 for it. That guy claims its native in Oregon. Once again no pics to back it up. I believe Workman even bought some spores from him that sure enough were mislabled.

I even remeber once upon a time the reputable JLF was selling Azure prints. A bunch of growers here bought them and they turned out to be nothing more then cubensis. Well JLF does not grow them, they just bought spores from other ppl and they got burned on it quite a few times.

So my comments are directed at a lot of scams that are out there and show up quite often. Seems like we see 3 or 4 of them a year if not more. Food for thought.

As for pictures being misleading. Under all our pictures we say what kind of substrate they are grown on and what they were cased with. And there is plenty of instructions on our website and here at the shroomery to get those results.
Rarely do I hear a customer complaining about not getting good flushes from our spores. Usually when they do its because they grew them out on straight brf cakes and were expeting massive sized mushrooms. Well anybody that has done there homework knows you will get minimul results from brf cakes. But I only here that once in a while from newbies. They learn as they go and do more homework. Most all of them get nice flushes from our spores and are very happy.

As to why so many new vendors dont post pictures??? Maybe its becaused they are embarressed of their growing skills
and dont want people to see they are really new to this hobby and dont really know much about growing mushrooms.
What business do they have being a spore vendor?
Or maybe its because of lot of them are just buying prints from others and reselling them. I know that for a fact with one.
And he is a very new grower here as well. How do you really know what your getting if your not growing them out for yourself and ensuring product control.
If you ask me.... that is misleading.

Ralphster as for you haveing a few pics on the www.sporechicks.com site. Well lets look at that for a moment. If you ask me Beth never knew how to grow mushrooms very well. She never answered questions about growing or posted any new information or pics or anything. She has a great sense of humor and knew how to talk to the men of this hobby.
Now look at her and the www.sporechicks.com busieness. So many ppl have been ripped off by her now. Whoever her grower was obviously quit on her and now she cant produce spores to fill the orders. That is the way I see it anyway. I could be wrong. But for a year now ppl have been posting about they sent sporechicks there money and never received anything. Yet her website is still up advertising next day shipping and collecting money. Its turned into a scam, bottom line.
She should have dropped that website a long time ago instead of continuing to take ppl money and not sending them sproes.

So Karlfinn, and others. Perhaps I'll reword that phrase so its more understood. There are good reasons for that statement. I've seen a lot of spore vendors come and go over the years and many many scams.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (04/02/02 04:49 PM)

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: no pics no trust?? hawk highly recommends [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #596452 - 04/02/02 12:03 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#596465 - 04/02/02 12:14 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

OfflineTranceTrippinXTC

Loc: Midwest
    #596498 - 04/02/02 12:49 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hey all, I just thought I'd throw in a post from a customer's perspective since I've bought spores from each of them 1 time.

When first getting into this hobby last month, I found Ryche's page through a search engine. It had good placement. The website has a simple design but plenty of information about the strains and many beautiful pictures of mushrooms. I think the site really had a mystical feel to it. Now realistically I knew I wouldn't get flushes like that. Especially with me only using BRF/Verm PF style cakes and Ryche stating the substrate and casing he used. I knew I was capable of growing shrooms like that though. I would have to say that the pictures are a really good thing for me. And when I showed all my closest friends what I was getting in to, I took them to T.H.E. showing them where they can buy spores from and then of course I took them to The Shroomery to show them how to grow.

After ordering from Ryche using PayPal I got my spores about 2 weeks later. I was hoping to get them a lot faster since I wasn't sending cash snail-mail. Being our first time we didn't need them right away so it all worked out fine. And being a newb I really enjoyed the letter included with the spores. It built up the anticipation. Ryche also openly offers to replace the syringe if we were to screw up. Well we did kindof screw up. We had a slight vacuum problem with the jars and all the spore juice was sucked into one of the jars. We managed to innoculate three. That was only our own fault though and we now have three fully colonized Cambodian jars that are very healthy.

Now the night after this happened I rushed out to order more spores and had read on The Shroomery that Ralphster was lowering prices and had free shipping. I had also read a thread about Ryche possibly being on vacation. So in hope of getting replacement syringes ASAP I ordered from Ralphster. I payed with PayPal again. Three days later I received a box with my four syringes. Wow, needless to say I was happy. No letter, but I really liked the syringe in the package with needle separate in another sterile packet.

Ryche you have a knack for gaining peoples trust when they first join this hobby. I only suggest that you work on improving your turnaround times to keep them coming back even after becoming experienced growers. I'm a college student that orders damn near everything off the Internet and I have to say that one of the most important things I look for in a company is quick turnaround.

Another important thing for me is good web design with lots of information. I love to read, what can I say. Pics are very nice. So Ralphster I suggest if you want to attract more people, you could make your webpage a little more elaborate and try advertising it with search engines a little better. Learn a bit about making webpages or if you must get a college techie kid to do it ; ) Or maybe you don't want to be overwhelmed with orders, I don't know. These are just my thoughts guys. Please take all this as constructive criticism. I'm sure I will be ordering from both you guys again as each offer a few different strains that the other doesn't. So best of luck to the both of you.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#596500 - 04/02/02 12:51 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well thanks Ralphster. Those are some very kind words and I do think of you as a friend also.
Your a good person from what I can tell :smile:

I can probably help out with those pics, I can certainly try.
I'm trying to free up time myself to get more added to our website and do more video editing.
One thing is for sure its very time consuming. But we all love to see great pics.  PM me and we will talk about it.
Like your panaeolus pic is probably one of the best ever. I know I've been meaning to post that to
my site for a long time. I just have not worked on the panaolus section in a while.  So much to do ...

What you do with selling other new vendors spores is your choice. You know how hard it is to grow mushrooms, produce spores and run a business. Its straight up hard ass work that seems to never end. Why make it so easy for some new vendor... let them earn it, live it, and endulge in it as they should.  Just my 2 cents :smile:

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: no pics no trust?? hawk highly recommends [Re: TranceTrippinXTC]
    #596519 - 04/02/02 01:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback TranceTrippin.  Most of the time orders will go out within 1 week of receiving them. Sometimes I do get behind though. Usually about once every 4 month something comes up. But in order to free up more time, and have a back up in case I "something" comes up,  I am training a very trusted friend to start coming over and handle orders for me, thus they will be getting out faster.
Still I dont think having your order shipped out within 1 week of receiving it should be anything to complain about, yet many do. But I think that is out of pure excitement and anticipation :smile: But domesticating nature is no easy task and everything with mushrooms is slow growing :smile:  Everybody needs to learn patience.... no matter how exciting it all is :smile:

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Anonymous

#596527 - 04/02/02 01:06 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

When LEO decides to make his move (you know he will), the first vendors to get raided and shut down will be the ones who proudly proclaim "WE GROW OUR OWN MUSHROOMS". They are going to be the first and probably only ones to go down. Trust me, it's coming. The Clinton era is over and we are about to assume the same DEA positioning as the Reagan era. We'll see in 6 months who is standing and who is not. Imo, it's not too bright to post evidence of criminal wrongdoing on ones website. As a customer I think I would rather order from someone who doesn't show such careless abandon. Santa must be a genius.

Edited by KopyKat (04/02/02 01:09 PM)

OfflineLeGrouper
enthusiast
Re: no pics no trust?? hawk highly recommends [Re: TranceTrippinXTC]
    #596535 - 04/02/02 01:14 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Good post TTXTC. I had a similar experience. I think that if Hawk delivered more quickly he would have a microsoft like dominance in the market. He has the best selection and prettiest site but man, one time it took like two months because I guess he wasn't there or something. Other times it took like a week and a half. But ralph delivers like lightning.

--------------------
The above post is entirely fictional and should not be taken out of context.

Ali-G
www.boyakasha.co.uk

Edited by LeGrouper (04/02/02 01:53 PM)

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#596557 - 04/02/02 01:25 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Pictures are protected under freedom of the speech and freedom of the press.

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleJackMehoff
enthusiast

#596943 - 04/02/02 06:49 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

ralphster44 your repeated statements and implications here and in many other threads that you supply many vendors with prints causes me to have to ask for some clarification in search of the truth if you will be so kind.

In reply to:

I must say that alot of the new vendors dont really cultivate themselves either...prints are sent...syringes are made and sold.
I just hate to turn down someone who seems to want to help.
I am now thinking money is the bottom line.

Are you saying that you cultivate all the spores you sell? Are you saying that you do not buy bulk spores from growers? I am thinking I know the bottom line.

In reply to:

I may stop selling bulk prints to new vendors...as you have stated...they may come and go quickly....leaving many without their orders and their money.

Will you continue to buy bulk prints from growers and come here and present yourself as someone who produces all your own spores and as a spore magnate amongst all vendors?

Why do you do this?

You have done more than your share of good here ralphster44.
It is the bullshit that I do not understand and do not condone.
It makes me think "used spore salesman".
What is the bottom line ralphster44?

Never under estimate the gullability of the idiot element.

--------------------
BULLSHIT

Anonymous

#597013 - 04/02/02 08:11 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

I must say that alot of the new vendors dont really cultivate themselves either...prints are sent...syringes are made and sold.

Very interesting Ralph. I happen to personally know two of the wholesalers that sells you bulk prints on a regular basis. One of them regularly supplies me as well. Hmm, a little hypocritical are we?
In reply to:

I may stop selling bulk prints to new vendors...

I wouldn't blame you if you did.
In reply to:

they may come and go quickly....leaving many without their orders and their money.

Hmm, since I've only been selling spores for three months and I have bought prints from you than you must be talking about me. My customers can tell by the way that I've treated them that I plan on being around awhile. Let's look at some other indicators, hmm, I'm paid up for 6 months advertising on The Shroomery, I just announced I'm moving to a new improved website with my own domain name www.THELITTLEGUY.COM which I paid some serious cash for. Fly-by-nighters don't buy their own domain Ralph. I have NOT HAD ONE COMPLAINT from my customers, so it's not like I'm running my business into the ground just so I can take off with peoples money. I just added another dedicated wholesaler to my team this week so I should have plenty of inventory for some time to come.
In reply to:

Of course money is the bottom line Ralph and stop trying to act like it isn't in your case. I've helped out too Ralph. In the three months I've been running my site I've given away over 40 free prints and syringes to members of the Shroomery through contests and give-aways. This also is not done by fly-by-nighters. Bottom line is that I know you are a good cultivator and I've never said differently but try and be a little less hypocritical, we all look around for sources of prints, all of us.

Edited by boxtop703 (04/02/02 09:34 PM)

InvisibleJackMehoff
enthusiast

#597075 - 04/02/02 09:23 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

In reply to:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting Ralph. I happen to personally know two of the wholesalers that sells you bulk prints on a regular basis. One of them regularly supplies me as well. Hmm, a lttle hypocritical are we?

In reply to:
I may stop selling bulk prints to new vendors...

I wouldn't blame you if you did.

In reply to:
they may come and go quickly....leaving many without their orders and their money.

Hmm, since I've only been selling spores for three months and I have bought prints from you than you must be talking about me. My customers can tell by the way that I've treated them that I plan on being around awhile. Let's look at some other indicators, hmm, I'm paid up for 6 months advertising on The Shroomery, I just announced I'm moving to a new improved website with my own domain name www.THELITTLEGUY.COM which I paid some serious cash for. Fly-by-nighters don't buy their own domain Ralph. I have NOT HAD ONE COMPLAINT from my customers, so it's not like I'm running my business into the ground just so I can take off with peoples money. I just added another dedicated wholesaler to my team this week so I should have plent of inventory for some time to come.

In reply to:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course money is the bottom line Ralph and stop trying to act like it isn't in your case. I've helped out too Ralph. In the three months I've been running my site I've given away over 40 free prints and syringes to members of the Shroomery through contests and give-aways. This also is not done by fly-by-nighters.Bottom line is that I know you are a good cultivator and I've never said differently but try and be a little less hypocritical, we all look around for sources of prints, all of us.

A breath of fresh air in this thread!

A post from a vendor speaking truth.

No self serving bullshit, no hypocricy, no fake karma for free.

There are other such vendors here.
They do not say much.
Their business, their products, their reputation based on fact not bullshit speaks for them.

Pay attention.

edit in honor of thread locking:
a quote-

"You censor the truth. Please pull your head out of the vendors collective ass" - AssHumper10K

Never under estimate the gullability of the idiot element.

--------------------
BULLSHIT

Edited by JackMehoff (04/03/02 03:32 PM)

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #597166 - 04/02/02 10:54 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Guys, I dont know where the topic went but i'll try to give a few cents:

As a simple member of this community I see a lot of what goes on. I feel that any newbie, with enough time to read the proper pages, will understand who and who not to but spores and syringes from. Most of the well known vendors are 100% (all of them) in my books. I'de recomend any one of you, anywhere.

Good job guys!

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
    #597213 - 04/03/02 12:04 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well said boxtop. Can I shake your hand?

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#597314 - 04/03/02 04:06 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

when vendors (and socks) start posting en masse, it's sure to be a shit-fest.

bickering is stupid.

i'm gonna close this crap.

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures