Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
    #593786 - 03/30/02 05:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Instead of believing that we are living on the planet ?earth?, imagine we are a colony that lives on a giant bud, and that earth, and space, and jobs, and formal education are all ways in which people struggle to make sense of everything. There are so many metaphors one could draw from this such as:

The fabled nuclear war is really just when the owner of the bud removes us from his bag, puts it in his pipe, and smokes it. Although nuclear bombs do exist and have been seen, it could very well just be a prop created to explain the fact that we are all burning for some reason.

Weather depends on the surrounding of the bud. Today in ?Maine?, the temperature is about 50 with lots and lots of mist. I.E. wherever the bud is growing, it rained today.

In fact, maybe marijuana plants are the only thing that exist, and they just grow until they are stately giants, covering the real world.

We could very well all could be parasites scrambling around on this giant bud, but our parasitic minds see us as humans. Keeping that in mind, imagine what an objective onlooker would think of parasites that follow patterns such as getting up everyday, and working.

What a world gone wrong!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: imagine [Re: ali_sin]
    #593823 - 03/30/02 06:05 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I like to entertain the idea that the universe is but an atom in another world, and that in each atom on each universe there lies another universe, upwards into infinity and downwards into infinity. Which would make words such as "upwards" and "downwards" meaningless. I would imagine that this is very close to the truth. If the word "true" has any meaning whatsoever.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology