Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

point of online community?
    #5937226 - 08/06/06 02:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm curious as to why all of you have come to the shroomery. I've wondered the same thing about myself as well.

Psychologically, does an online BB offer a surrogate community? I think in my case, yes. But it doesn't offer it very well for me, which is why I keep quitting and disappearing ( example: my original reg date was 9-16-02 but I had my account deleted twice and i had a smurf dating back to '00 ).

Is this place sort of a supplement for some of you, who maybe find your community lacking in some respect? I haven't found many people very willing to discuss spirituality and philosophy around me, for example. The people are rare and our contact never seems to last.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: point of online community? [Re: vampirism]
    #5937249 - 08/06/06 02:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

In my personal life I am a loser and have a complete failure in all things I do........So I go to the local Library and come in here to have sermons as to feel powerful over all of you:lol:

Just kidding.....................

I started coming in here for the shroom spores and techs etc....... But now I come in here for the same reasons I play Video games. To kill time and maybe if I am lucky I will learn something new about myself..and that has happened a few rare times.....Thanks everyone

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5937253 - 08/06/06 02:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
I'm curious as to why all of you have come to the shroomery. Is this place sort of a supplement for some of you, who maybe find your community lacking in some respect?

Personaly I find this means of communication more enlightening, educational and amusing than what I encounter in physical reality, not that physical reality is any less than here but more like I'm unable to function as well in physical reality, or obtain as much amusement or satisfaction.

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #5937262 - 08/06/06 02:51 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
I'm curious as to why all of you have come to the shroomery.

To interact, discuss, understand, provide an understanding, grow, evolve, develop, experience, be aware.

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: point of online community? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5937546 - 08/06/06 04:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Personal growth is percieved more accurately I think by others. In this manner I suppose we are the judge of each other.

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5937586 - 08/06/06 04:27 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I came lookin for a wife to take care of my youngins.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #5937601 - 08/06/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Aside from the Lady whom the LORD put together with me for our mutual benefit (I was not doing well at all in Miami on my own, post-divorce), I have found painfully few contacts and even fewer friends. That is because I have by temperament or by choice isolated myself from a large portion of the usual social processes through which people (males mostly) relate in this culture.
- I have never been interested in sports - a big weirdness in the mind of the multitudes.
- For 10 years I was married to a woman who turned out to be mentally ill and who acted against me developing outside friendships, or socializing with other couples. Four years of desperate dating after divorce had me focused on getting my life back together, buying a house all without a network of friends.
- My childhood friends are geographically far, one rejected me for reasons he wouldn't reveal (after 40 years), other friends dropped me when I married my ex-wife and moved to Florida, but only 2 were willing to entertain spiritual Enlightenment as a master-motive for continued relationship.
- My current Lady (of 10 years), God bless her, is more introverted than I am and has neither childhood friends or adult friends. Acquaintances have fallen away.

So, if one does not develop new friendships in the social milieu in which one has lived for many years, and yet one has a social need to share personal experiences which are spiritual and/or psychedelic in nature, where might one turn? Churches won't do it for me and I haven't found an organization (like The Theological Society). There is no interesting subculture in south Florida which shares my deep values, and I seek relationship with others almost exclusively on the basis of deep values (if not mere practical concerns), so again, who ya gonna call?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: point of online community? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5937686 - 08/06/06 05:03 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

Morrowind said:
I'm curious as to why all of you have come to the shroomery.

To interact, discuss, understand, provide an understanding, grow, evolve, develop, experience, be aware.

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

Yehaw... I mean... me too! (though I mainly just lurk now) :shineon:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5938116 - 08/06/06 07:33 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Two factors combine to make this forum a great place for me.
1.) I'm much better at writing than talking.
2.) I enjoy talking about things of this nature.

It is awfully hard to find a person who is willing to just sit around and talk about philosophy, especially when you're a relatively quiet person, like I am. Luckily, every so often, I get together with a good friend of mine and drink some hard liquor, or Absinthe, and we proceed to ramble about life 'n epistemology 'n love 'n what-not. But, in between the rare times I'm able to do this, I use this much-loved forum.  :grin:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #5938167 - 08/06/06 07:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I came here because where I live they will throw me in jail for discussing drugs and religion with people.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #5938199 - 08/06/06 08:05 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I like reading the posts of the P&S regulars. The board also helps in discussion points in the form of viewpoints from a bunch of far out space cadets.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlinebobjones
Male

Loc: Tx
    #5939286 - 08/06/06 11:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

broader range of viewpoints/ opinions/ ideas then i could ever hope to come across in my current location

--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #5939480 - 08/07/06 12:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

To actually put your personality out there on the internet in a form that is malleable to both reader and writer is a very good thing for expression of human spirit

those that allow this board to serve as a battleground for intellectual properties are doing a very good thing for humanity

love is why I post on the shroomery

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: point of online community? [Re: Cherk]
    #5940704 - 08/07/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If you like gathering information, but the truth is not just about data gathering, you should conduct your research into each religion or philosophy and make an accurate choice, or formulate an accurate view of how it fits in the grand scheme,

but sense spirituality is an extracurricular activity, there is no required accuracy standard, all sources and all view points, how ludicrous they are, are accepted, this brings about the neutralizing factor of such mediums as the internet,

InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

Re: point of online community? [Re: capliberty]
    #5940713 - 08/07/06 12:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I came here to learn how to grow shrooms. :bowdown::mushroom2:
Now I'm hooked.
It's like ythan used crack code when he made this site.

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

Edited by UnderNose (08/07/06 12:41 PM)

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5940768 - 08/07/06 12:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm outgoing and conversational IRL, however find internet forums extremely beneficial to not only my knowledge, but to my social inhibition. In any aspect that I want discussed, I can find a group that will not only offer a vast database of information on the topic I seek, but also help me find what I need, even if that question has been asked a thousand times in the past.

I also find that posting online not only improves my literally skills, but it converts into social, linguistic skills as well. After posting on different boards - from programming to designer to 3D modeling to mushroom cultivation - I find my language to be more coherent, more conscice.

You're a good bunch.  :sun:

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus
Smoker of Religious Figures

Loc: Maryland
Re: point of online community? [Re: UnderNose]
    #5940850 - 08/07/06 01:27 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

UnderNose said:
I came here to learn how to grow shrooms. :bowdown::mushroom2:
Now I'm hooked.
It's like ythan used crack code when he made this site. 

heh heh I feel the same way. came to learn now i'm stuck.

--------------------
"Where?

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #5941917 - 08/07/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Fun interactive entertainment from some fun people, knowledgeable people, from so many different perspectives, and everything in between....
Some of the drama is funny, and some of the abstract ideas are compellingly thought provoking....
Some people move in and stay, some people pack up and leave, some visit every once in a while - so it is always somewhat fresh....
And as some personal perspectives are always in a state of flux as you add new info, it is fun to know other's point of view - and the reasons for them....

I mostly lurk now, but I enjoy it just the same....    :grin:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #5943370 - 08/08/06 07:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

it's a really good way to see what other people think.

it's not everyday that you get to read what goes on inside that universe we call a brain, especially in western cultures where we are taught not to talk to 'strangers'

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #5943746 - 08/08/06 11:15 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

For me it's all about the outlet. Like a hot water tank, when the pressure builds and I need to release it. If someone finds a gem in all the verbage I spew then that's great. If someone gets sprayed and burned from the hot water and steam I release, I hope you have medical insurance...

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Loc: UK, Hellas
Re: point of online community? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #5943877 - 08/08/06 11:53 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Initially to learn how to grow shrroms.
Also I read the enthobotanical forum so in the future I can grow other things (though other sites are better for that).

I visit the physical and mental well being forum to get advice and also to try and help people like they have helped me.

Generaly talking to like-minded people without the pressure of having to reply straight away (like in a real life situation)!

Edited by trunksan (08/08/06 11:56 AM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5943975 - 08/08/06 12:19 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

[For.] Conversation!
Commun·i·cation...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract