Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRRRR
Rapture Ready

Folding@home Statistics
Define G(g)od
    #5935237 - 08/05/06 06:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I see many people, in many threads, under many different contexts debate the existence or attribution of God.

It seems the result is usually frustration, and this is IMO due to varying premises on the nature of God. Before one can debate anything, you have to have standardized premises. You can not debate the nature of anything until you define it. So, this thread is to help us all get on the same page when dealing with God.

This is to help us get a feel of how each of us views God, thus we can better approach each other when dealing with the matter.

I'll start. I will quote Joseph Campbell when I define God, taken from a conversation he engaged in with Bill Moyers.

"What is a god? A god is a personification of a motivating power or a value system that functions in human life and in the universe--the powers of your own body and of nature."

--------------------
Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20-21 (New King James Version)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus
Smoker of Religious Figures

Loc: Maryland
Re: Define G(g)od [Re: RRRR]
    #5935297 - 08/05/06 07:32 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

St. Thomas Aquinas said that God is "that which nothing greater can be thought."

so what do you think God is? and can you think of anything better than that God?

--------------------
"Where?

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #5935366 - 08/05/06 08:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Before the beginning was the VOID.
Out of the void came God, the Star Maker, the Creator, the Decision Maker, the First Distinction.

Out of God came the idea of self, the consciousness without an object, the consciousness of itself without and object, the consciousness without consciousness, self.

From consciousness without an object came the object, the first object, space, a space to vorticize, a space to whirl, a space to turn upon itself and in addition turn upon itself in the other direction, opposite, expanding.

On the microlevel, the smallest vortex, the smallest quantum of space, the smallest of the smallest unit out of which all else would be built - the smallest vortex reproduced itself, reproduced in pairs, opposite, swinging oppositely, making sure to balance, so that the sum over all the integral of ALL was zero, as if not real.

God created AS IF, the as if conscious as real, made hardware out of software, software out of hardware, creating nothing, casting ALL to destruction back in the VOID. Everywhere the VOID. Anything, everything, all of it can dump, at any moment, any instant, any eternity, any past, any future, into the VOID to zero out SAFE PLACE.

The integral of all the summed aspects of averaging through all the new creation, is all the little vortices and their dances to make larger vortices and their dances to make still larger vorices till finally a universe.

In the beginning was the point, the smallest possible point, the H nu, "hv", the quantum of action.

Also at the beginning was the quantum of love expanded, L star, L*, expanding becoming the idealized abstraction of universal love, filling the new universe, yet also filling the old consciousness without an object. The true prime abstract compassion working its own thing out there with nothing else to refer to. With NOTHING to refer to except ALL, which included it, itself, Lovestar L*.

The random dance of E star, E*, entropic energy, totally random, having no point, no place, pure, pure energy, pure randomness, pure destruction burning all else into itself, becoming entropic, running down isothermally as high a temperature as it could achieve out of all the organization around it that it swallowed up.

N star, N*, negentropic energy, the big N, the Network, the intelligence, the organizer. That which comes, takes entropic, makes it straight, straight lines, points, planes, solids, cubes, crystals, computers, brains, life.
The organizer. Building, building out of nothing everywhere, using entropic energy in its service, creating, creating straight lines, crooked lines, curves, surfaces, beautiful nonlinear spaces, Riemannian surfaces, pure mathematics.

Minus star [-]*, negative energy star. The pure negative energy, the destroyer of the creator. Negative opposite the positive energy.

Plus star [+]*. Pure positive energy, the rejuvenator, the pusher, the creator, opposite of the destroyer [-]*.

Zero star, Z*, nothingness, the void, the absence of all, negative absence of the positive, the positive absence of the negative, the where with all, the opposite of all, from all, the zero place, the safe place, the nothingness from which all came and back to which all goes. Nothingness. Zero star, Z*.

All is nothing, nothing is all.
God is God.

C*, pure consciousness. The pure aspect of it, itself, before it thought of itself yet after it thought of itself. The distinguisher yet the non distinguisher. The pure high indifference HIND which is without the necessity of any of the others is this cosmic dance. The beginning, the end, the be all in C star, C*.

C*, [+]*, [-]*, L*, Z*, the five energies, the five sources. Opposite these from the left hand we go to the right hand. God starts with nothing, with zero, with Him before Him out of which He came, as well as everything else.

In this aspect as the Star Maker, N star, N*, the creator, that which created everything else including itself, N star, pure negentropic creativity. The organizer on the pure organization level. That which came and managed all else.

L star, L*, the lover. That which feels compassion is the L star trip for all the others, making sure that love permeates everywhere, keeping the atoms dancing and the vortices whirling, keeping space intact, not allowing zero to take over yet, yet compassionately reducing to zero that which is too much in the negative region.

Plus star, [+]*, pure positive energy seeking, always seeking, the positive, the orgiastic, the orgasm, the fucking of the universe fucking itself, always doing the fucking. The female fucker, the cunt, the cock, the male fucker. That which is so positive that it's unbearable. So anti-negative that it's euphoric, it's orgiastic and it's ananda, it is beyond comprehension in the positive realm. Pure positive abstraction.

Randomness, E star, E*, that which is totally unorganized, not allowing any organization to appear, destroying all organization that does appear. The shiva-shakti dichotomy to the nth power. Pure random organizer and anti-organizer that tears it all down, that destroys the whirlings, takes the vortices, converts them into pure electromagnetic energy by the collapse of anti-matter and matter into the energy space into the N* space and then reducing that itself. Pure randomness with photons no longer photons. With thermal photons no longer thermal photons and the isotropic eternal dance of nothing taking place in any direction with no space, no time, ten to the minus thirty-third centimeters, indeterminacy of space itself, of topology.
Indeterminacy, the quantum of indeterminacy, raised everywhere supporting ten to the ninety-fifth grams per cubic centimeter of density, of apparent density and yet totally random.

Yes, God is beyond all this, he is ALL. God, singing the praises of his creation, living through his creation, differentiating, unifying, diversifying, making further distinctions among ALL in order to differentiate, in order to start wars, in order to destroy in order to create, in order to be human, in order to make WoMan, in order to make dolphins, to make animals, to make, to make, to make and unmake in turn ALL. Summing it all up including nothing. Nothing encompassing ALL. All encompassing nothing. That which became, that died and became ALL, then died again and became zero.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Define G(g)od [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #5935410 - 08/05/06 08:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

My perspective on the matter:

At the center of it all is the "mystical" experience, which is, quite simply, directly perceiving and experiencing reality, that incredible, constant moment in which we interact with all other aspects of reality, that exact, precise interaction - but, not only that, but being fully aware of its happening.

Immersing oneself in that is the ultimate path, as it is the only moment in which reality exists, the only time we live, the source of it all. Our mind seperates us from that with its obstructions (which develop from a lack of awareness), and, by immersing ourselves in it, those obstructions will dissolve. We immerse ourselves within it by conducting awareness.

I think it is as simple as that. I will actively contest any notions of the validity of the concept of god, as it always seems to serve as one of those mental obstructions of that direct experience of reality. Define god as you wish, but it all dissolves when one brings awareness within oneself - it is simply a mental reference point to something that cannot be conveyed, only experienced.

I propose that we advocate awareness, not obstructions of our conducting awareness. :grin:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Define G(g)od [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5935440 - 08/05/06 08:54 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I think that when you reach non-dual awareness, there is no difference between God and no-God.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Define G(g)od [Re: SmokenBabyJesus]
    #5935896 - 08/06/06 12:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I think that was St. Anselm.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #5935922 - 08/06/06 12:52 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Everything is God. :flowstone:

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Define G(g)od [Re: it stars saddam]
    #5935999 - 08/06/06 01:20 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

philosphically I'd say god is everything, infinity, whatever,

but did god assume a certain consiousness, if god can do all things, why not assume that god had an identity also,

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Re: Define G(g)od [Re: capliberty]
    #5936006 - 08/06/06 01:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

capliberty said:
philosphically I'd say god is everything, infinity, whatever,

No, everything is everything, infinity is infinity, God is a fictional entity from the Bible.

OfflineRRRR
Rapture Ready

Folding@home Statistics
    #5936011 - 08/06/06 01:27 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The notion of god greatly predates the Bible.

--------------------
Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20-21 (New King James Version)

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

#5936018 - 08/06/06 01:29 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

*gods

The entity God, with a capital G, is a Bible character.

OfflineRRRR
Rapture Ready

Folding@home Statistics
    #5936025 - 08/06/06 01:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Who said god with the capital g?

He used a lower case g, and he was who you were responding to.

The title of my thread implies all notions of god also.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5936382 - 08/06/06 08:02 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

God = God
God = The sum of all sums.
God = ...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Define G(g)od [Re: Silversoul]
    #5936394 - 08/06/06 08:09 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
I think that when you reach non-dual awareness, there is no difference between God and no-God.

I think that when one intensifies the amount of awareness that one is conducting, thereby experiencing reality to a greater degree, abstract conceptions that one assumes are based in reality begin to dissolve. Arbitrary distinctions that are not actually evident are sure to disappear. :tongue:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: Define G(g)od [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5937019 - 08/06/06 01:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

God is the math behind the universe.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#5937076 - 08/06/06 01:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I have come to a grand conclusion.............What God is in our minds is what it is.....So what God is......is many things

But God is real and can be found..........

God can be found in the same place all this universe started from.

I believe that this all started somewhere and at sometime......Even if God is a mid aged backyard scientists living on the 72nd plane of existence

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #5937350 - 08/06/06 03:17 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

this and that
here and there
now and then
me and you
yes and no

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineFractalated
There's no onehome up there...

Re: Define G(g)od [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #5937411 - 08/06/06 03:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

God can be found in the same place all this universe started from.

If you take a bottle of ink and throw it at a wall, it will make one big splotch and then expand and drip all over.

In the same way, the Big Bang was an enormous explosion of energy which has been expanding ever since. We are like a drop of ink from the Bang. We are the very same energy that Banged all those eons ago.

If you ask me, there is no point in searching for some divine being out there, as we ARE that very divine energy. If you seek God, look no further than where you are, right here and right now.

--------------------
"Now that the principalities and the powers stockpile weapons of mass destruction, contaminate the earth with their feverish industry, release floods of images to trigger insatiable desires, treat animals and humans as commodities and functions of a market, the devil must be grinning from ear to ear."

Offlinesoulcircus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Define G(g)od *DELETED* [Re: Fractalated]
    #5939908 - 08/07/06 05:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by soulcircus (08/07/06 05:25 AM)

Offlineqwertymkonji
on a stick
Male User Gallery

Loc: Universe
Re: Define G(g)od [Re: soulcircus]
    #5939913 - 08/07/06 05:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I have felt the realization of being aware that we/I are/am god on various psychedelics and I now believe this to be true to this date. We really are a collective conciousness (one) and we are god. Nothing else has given me more proof than my experiences.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds