Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Microscope, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineS1lverdj
Stranger
Male
WOW...My LC just EXPLODED...
    #5935877 - 08/06/06 02:28 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

...with growth, that is!! I've been sitting watching this damned honeywater LC for 10 days now with hardly NO growth. As anyone who has seen any of my posts since I inoculated this thing knows, I've been driving myself and everyone else crazy about it. So anyways, I decided to setup a makeshift incubator today just to see what happened. I took a small blue opaque rubbermaid container and placed my 2 LC jars and my PF jar inside and then placed a heated wet paper towel inside. I closed the container, put it in the closet, and walked away. Well, about 6 hours later, I decided to see if I need to reheat the paper towel. I also decided to check out the jars and holy fucking shit...the honeywater LC that I've been watching for 10 days has just EXPLODED with mycelium! I also noticed that there was some water in the bottom from condensation, so I placed a layer of vermiculite in the bottom after drying the container out with a paper towel and then I put the jars back in with a newly heated paper towel. I'll post pics soon as this towel cools (when I wake up in the morning).

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: WOW...My LC just EXPLODED... [Re: S1lverdj]
    #5935976 - 08/06/06 03:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

huh usualy lc's dont just explode with growth (contams do :frown: ) i hope that isnt the case with yours though for me i dont see growth for about 5 days (so the spores germinate sometimes longer depending on strain) and then on the 6th day or so i have a nickel size then the next day a quarter size and so on and so on.

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

OfflineCapless
Student
 User Gallery

Re: WOW...My LC just EXPLODED... [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #5936001 - 08/06/06 03:21 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Exponential growth is the method of growth you see in LC's, so exploding life is definately possible methinks.

--------------------
http://www.toolband.com/
"... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember, We are eternal.
all this pain is an illusion...."

InvisibleSpacerace
Stranger
Re: WOW...My LC just EXPLODED... [Re: Capless]
    #5936085 - 08/06/06 04:07 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

cool, im expecting my stir plate to arrive through UPS. So excited. I just got outta recovery from a car accident. I can't wait to get back into this hobby.

OfflineS1lverdj
Stranger
Male
Re: WOW...My LC just EXPLODED... [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #5936548 - 08/06/06 11:59 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I was worried about it being a contam at first. But the growth is definately white (would a contam be white like mycelium?). Also, I've been sitting with this LC for 10 days...could that be a factor aka the stuff just needed little heat to get it going? If it's contam...yea...I'll prolly just go on a rampage and burn down the house just to get back at whatever microscopic bitch contaminated my LC...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Microscope, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation