Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemr crisper

your legacy
    #593208 - 03/29/02 09:08 PM (22 years, 5 days ago)

i got to thinking about death recently, people i have known have died and my memory of them has rapidly faded. they havent seemed to made much of an impression on me.
then there are others who left me with a lasting memory, usually on how not to do things. for example, in high school i watched a friend drink a bottle of gin in one go, he was dead within 20 minutes....i learnt not to scull bottles of spirits.
pulled another guy out of a burning car, he had been drinking and wiped out....since then i never drink n drive, yeh i know its common sense but thats in short supply round my part of the world.
a photo from fortean times showed a guy crushed to death by a falling bridge, his pants were around his ankles and an equally dead chicken was impaled upon his penis, i realised i should never perform bestial acts underneath dodgy mexican bridges.
anyway i wondered if i would die leaving a legacy.....a lesson or example for others, if so what would it be? on the other hand i'd rather be rapidly forgotten.
anyone else had lasting impressions from the deaths of others?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: your legacy [Re: mr crisper]
    #593822 - 03/30/02 04:05 PM (22 years, 4 days ago)

Everyone seems to want a legacy. Some leave huge pyramids, some leave huge bank accounts....
Little do they know that they have already left legacies. A legacy of thought (good and/or bad), memes that propogate and work with or against the evolutionary forces of natural selection... Some memes go extinct, others are still here. Every so often, a mutation occurs and a new meme is born unto this world. Fortunately, meme mutations are intra-generational... that means that YOU are now part of the force of natural selection. You have the power to destroy any bad memes that might otherwise be passed on. So do this. Help us all. And don't leave just "truth" behind, leave the process...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: your legacy [Re: Sclorch]
    #593858 - 03/30/02 04:41 PM (22 years, 4 days ago)

What do you mean by leaving behind "the process" Sclorch?
I feel it's important to leave something, but I'm not exactly sure WHY
other than satisfying my ego. So, it's kind of liberating to think that
I don't matter, but I know somehow, unfortunately, I do. I guess I
believe in karma.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
Re: your legacy [Re: mr crisper]
    #595549 - 04/01/02 01:21 PM (22 years, 2 days ago)

Lives appear like ships on the horizen of an ocean......most drift by in the distance....most never get close enough to board.....some get close enough to spark my attention......I wonder who they are, what life is like for them. Some sail away slowly and some sink before my eyes.......
But all go and not to the same place......much like lives......

I remember picking up a Saturday news paper and reading about my friend Jason, his brother found his dead in his apartment, and overdose of cocaine, herion, and something else......he's gone, he's not coming back.....

I remember hugging a young boy, Jeff.....when he was a kid. He needed love, came from a "bad home"....all that stuff. I heard stories later about how he had "turned" bad and was abusive with women......then suddenly electricuted at 18......

What we have is now.......the lives we affect now will be our legeacy.......

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder