Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

Re: Life Immitates Internet Immitates Life... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5929840 - 08/03/06 09:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
I'm sure you could, but you would only be contributing further to an off-topic, pointless dead-end. Why even reply with nothing constructive to offer?

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

Look I was just pointing out that he was being hypocritical incase he himself did not notice it.  I would expect someone to do the same for me.  In reality I agree with Diploid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Life Imitates Internet Imitates Life... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5930197 - 08/04/06 12:37 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Funny Lunar! So true. How silly of me to expect professionals would deliver on their word and agreements. I forget what planet I am on sometimes. I spend most of my time on planet Cindy. Lately, I swear I need a translator to help me understand planet Earth.

Whatever, I snapped today and the pressure to hold all to perfection of execution is over. All expectations of anything going right have been dropped. None of this will matter in 100 years so why let it matter now.

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
That was one hell of a rant. :wtf: :wink:

It's been one hell of a last three weeks chalk full of my saying :wtf: myself. :lol:  :weirdeyes:

Quote:

I don't think it is fair to portray P&S in such a manner, specificially with what has been applied with "old world ways".

Has it not been the way of the planet to be in conflict and argue right and wrong? Thats just how it has been, what we were all raised within and what we are all use too. That is opposed to communities that come together in an attempt to create shared environments based on harmonious co-operation, mutual understandings and peace. That takes quite an effort and one of great self awareness, awareness of others as extensions of ourselves, and small sense of self importance, to be a part of.

It's worth working at, practicing and being supportive of. The world sure could use more of it in my opinion. Look how difficult it has been for people to exercise that sort of self awareness and self discipline in that forum. Every so often someone wants to infuse it with the old comfort zones of conflict, negation, negative criticism and discord. There's enough of that as soon as one walks out their front door.

My home is a sanctuary from it all and its great when sites this big have a sanctuary forum as well where all 3-D bullshit gets checked at the door before you walk in to socialize.

Does it dawn on everyone that some people just get tired of the critical Big Mac junk food attack, "I'm right your wrong" toxic poison crap? I've had my fill. I love EVERYONE again. :loveeyes:

Quote:

P&S concerns expressing a point of view with full acceptance of the fact that one is not assured what response it will get, but with the understanding that every response will benefit the growth and development of the ideas, thoughts, and perspectives expressed, and that everyone will become involved and develop and evolve as a result.

The part I bolded was the funniest thing I read here in a while. Were you being a wise guy or serious with that one? Maybe thats your intention when you come here. There is a small handful here  who have no intention of learning anything new from anyone. They will only learn from accredited scientists who say what they already agree with or believe in or the Bible.

Whatever, to each his own. This is a debate forum and no one says anyone has to learn a thing here. People can come as closed minded as they want to and argue all they want too. So be it.

Quote:

P&S is a forum in which those who are interested in participating work together to create something together. It is an avenue through which considerable obstructions that inhibit personalities from sharing ideas with each other in an entirely open, free manner are dissolved.

The sharing of ideas is what MR&P was created for because, it wasn't happening so openly and freely here dude. This forum is still designed to support the arguing of provable facts and evidenced phenomenon. If an idea can't yet  be supported with empirical data and evidence, be prepared to get your ass whooped when you post.

Yes, I agree about the freedom part. We are all free to take an ass beating around here if we post anything without proof that it is so.:hehehe:

Quote:

I see no need or truth in casting such an inappropriate light acrossed the forum.

If what you said was in an appropriate light, no one would have ever even come up with the idea, want or need for MR&P let alone would it have gotten a majority vote to be launched by S&Pers.

Quote:

We both have our ideal visions for the state in which each forum exists. Reality is perhaps more encompassing for both than that ideal state we hold, but that ideal still exists within each forum.

I had grand ideals for how MR&P would go down. Those were shot all to hell. I see no difference in them other then subject matter being better allocated now. Oh well, it was a nice idea and worth a shot. At least I think some are happy seeing the UFO and Energy topics kept out of here. Did I say, kept out of here, referring to the forum you claim to be so open and dedicated to the sharing of discussions of what many members are interested in.

Did you forget how many times members told people to stop posting that stuff, arguing that it didn't belong in their philosophy forum, even though it always has been a spirituality forum too? Spirituality forums regularly bring up UFO phenomenon, the paranormal, ETs and Energy bodies.

If you see only roses here, that's cool. Maybe I'll feel better if I just say, "You are right, P&S is so warm, open and cozy full of understanding and peaceful co-operative people.  :thumbup:

Quote:

We should not concern ourselves with battle of the forums, or investing in perspectives of other forums in a negative manner.

RIGHT ON! :cool: FW for president.:cheer: Tell that Diploid. His MR&P bashing posts are regular features in P&S. Then he wonders why people get personal with him at the risk of a warning or ban. I don't think he realizes that people think something is wrong with him. Few of us know people in the year 2006 that hate mystics so much. I thought that stuff went out of vogue with the witch hunts. When you see someone consistently show so much hate for a group of people, its hard not to become personally concerned with some like that.

"Oh NO Mr. Bill, :scream: someone is using herbal remedies instead of prescription drugs made by science for companies to make billions off of and the rich to get richer. They must be tried and hung for witchery." Oh no Mr. Bill,:scream: someone thinks they had a strong direct communion with the source force of all things. They must be consorting with the devil or too irrationally delusional to be trusted in our society. Burn them at the stake! :hehehe:"

Someone posted in there that Neil Armstrong finally came out with NASA's knowledge of ETs visiting here and what he kept secret about it and that he did. Somehow, Dip tried to debunk that in MR&P. :lol:

What ever happened to getting to the truth? If astronauts are coming out of the closet about it, we should know and if they are visiting, we have a lot to discuss. Any idea how frightening a proposition that is to face for most people? Even many believers tend to keep it in the sci fi aspect of their mind to handle it. There is a lot of fear of the unknown out there FWG, and it serves no one to keep those fears repressed and hushed up.

It's healthier for all of us to every now and again contemplate a "Hey, what if?" proof or not. If it is true and you end up face to face with one that may be hostile some day, you'll wish you prepped yourself. I'm probably one of the best informed and prepped people here and I think I would pee my pants, shit a brick, panic and go into shock or cardiac arrest if I came face to face with some weird disgusting ET creature whose motives I was unsure of.

I understand why some people don't want to read about it, think about it or face it in hypotheticals even. Sometimes, I don't want too and I just blow past the posts. I don't confuse that understanding with this forum being open to the sharing and creative building of progressive ideas, and solutions. Some just want to sweep what they are not ready to understand or learn more about under the rug. Out of sight, out of mind is there motto.

Some of us want to talk about this stuff from time to time without hostility or a hassle so we go to MR&P and hope people will remain open about such things.

I remember once a long ways back before MR&P, I used the taboo word "energy" related to subtle bodies here and people went into a hostile frenzy.:lol:  Another member PM'd saying, " some of these people can't handle the word energy being used like that. Find other ways to talk about that stuff so they don't get so uncomfortable and derail your posts." :lol: And people think MR&Pers are the wusses. :what: 

Some were like "Did she just use the woo woo word chakra and energy in the same sentence?:what: That is Blasphemy to the word energy as we dinosaurs know it. :mad2: We must stop her from speaking such evils."  :confused:

Quote:

I suggest this is resolved and we all contribute to the forums we choose to participate with in a manner that will bring that forum into its ideal state. :wink:

Great suggestion.:cheer: The problem is, which is being addressed in this post, one person at least, maybe a few more, think MR&Ps ideal state should be to allow critical and unwelcomed debate, heavy doses of negativity and repression, if not, that it be shut down totally all together.

And if we all do this, Madam Cleo will magically turn into a pumpkin.

What is to be done, when not all shroomerites even understand the ideals and principles certain forums were created and developed upon? How can they possibly contribute to being a constructive part of seeing them manifest to their ideal states?

It's like how funny it is when someone posts in WAF that someone in OTD was picking on them. They clearly have no understanding of the forums ideals or why members wanted it. People going in there asking everyone to be nice and get along is as silly as people going into MR&P and asking everyone to argue, mock the shit out of each other, be as judgmental as possible, as 3-D dense as possible, critically negative and closed minded.

Quote:

Which means no long rants in P&S. :tongue:

:smirk: I thought you said P&S was an open place for sharing thoughts and I thought Diploid wanted more freedom of negative expression around this joint. Make up your minds.  :tongue:  :wink:

Who comes to a message board not to talk or listen? What else is there to do here but type out thoughts or read those of others? :confused: Why put a limit on the freedom of length? And if you out law rants you just squashed the free expression of personalities that you just supported.

I have an experiment idea. Maybe we all should just put up blank posts and then with our imaginations, fill them in with what we want them to say. That's the only way, realistically, any forum here will ever meet anyones ideal. Otherwise, best we get realistic with the fact that anytime we deal with the random public, chances are, ideals will go down the toilet PDQ.

Welcome to planet earth, the place where it would be ideal if some inconsiderate women didn't pee all over public bathroom seats, but it ain't gonna happen here. :flyingpig: Enjoy your stay. :hillbilly:

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Life Immitates Internet Immitates Life... [Re: BuddahKillah]
    #5931163 - 08/04/06 11:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BuddahKillah said:
Look I was just pointing out that he was being hypocritical incase he himself did not notice it.  I would expect someone to do the same for me.

I would expect it to be done in private messages, as it does not pertain to this thread itself. Personal matters do not belong here. If you think someone is being hypocritical, then pm them about it.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Life Imitates Internet Imitates Life... [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5931287 - 08/04/06 12:08 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Why put a limit on the freedom of length? And if you out law rants you just squashed the free expression of personalities that you just supported.

No one needs to outlaw rants, as nature takes care of itself - people don't read or respond much to fillibusters. :lol:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder