Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Lets talk about impared driving, and sleep deprivation
    #5931145 - 08/04/06 11:18 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Well heres my issue. I routinely drive for more than 24 hours straight without sleep (perhaps a short 1 hour nap but not always)

I think that some of my more recent trips were from sanfransisco to chicago -44 hours

nevada to chicago- 26 hours straight

nevada to chicago 2 weeks ago - 28 hours sstraight

now im sure that most people would say that this is impaired, but honestly i can and do handle this safely and do. if i feel tired i stop, but i just dont get tired, mostly in thanks to the intake of lots of caffeene and timing out the daylight hours right

so is this on par with "drunk" driving or an other impared driving in your opinion?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: Lets talk about impared driving, and sleep deprivation [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5931164 - 08/04/06 11:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Not necessarily. I think sleep deprivation would really begin to take its toll around the 3-4 day mark?

but then again... I've never been awake that long so you'll have to ask some of the insomniacs  :grin:

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#5931165 - 08/04/06 11:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I guess it just depends on how you feel. If your reaction time is way to slow.. then yes.. its not safe to be on the road. But if you feel fine.. i don't see a problem with it.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #5931169 - 08/04/06 11:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i remember something on tv a long time ago and they were doing a study about what your talking about. i think the results that tired and drunk had about the same results on reaction time and critical decisons that need to be made. the only factor is i dont rememebr how "drunk" the people were. they could have been doing the test against some people who had one drink or 20. but i think drinking and driving is worse cause your drunk with being tired you can still make logical decisions IMO.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #5931173 - 08/04/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yep.

fatigue sucks. have you hallucinated due to it yet?

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Lets talk about impared driving, and sleep deprivation [Re: blink]
    #5931178 - 08/04/06 11:27 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I was about to say I hallucinate when driving while tired.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Lets talk about impared driving, and sleep deprivation [Re: blink]
    #5931188 - 08/04/06 11:28 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

the only halucinations i have because of long drives, happen sleep deprived or in usual conditions. ill be driving in bum fuck nowhere with not a car in sight, and suddenly ahead of me ill be seeing the tail lights of a semi trailer, which i will follow for miles and miles and miles, and then blink and its gone.

but usually i keep pretty awake and alert watching for cops, and listening to the CB :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

#5931197 - 08/04/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

why do you go straight in the first place? ill bet you you'd like getting sleep better.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #5931202 - 08/04/06 11:35 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If you need caffeine to stay awake, I would say you were slightly impaired, yes.

--------------------

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Lets talk about impared driving, and sleep deprivation [Re: Organic]
    #5931218 - 08/04/06 11:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i've driven a car very very tired (not for long stretches like that so i don't know...)
and always felt safe to do it... of course if something happend that wasn't my fault i might not have reacted as fast but i drive rather safely and espacially when i'm tired or stoned!

as long as you are aware of your boundries and know when to stop it's ok i guess...
you just got to be extra carefull and aware to the other cars around you!

drive safe!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
    #5931256 - 08/04/06 11:57 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Driving fatigued is a major problem for me.I fall asleep very easily while driving.It only happens on the interstate or long roads.City driving wont do it.

I had to pull over and sleep 4 times on a 6 hour drive to new orleans,but I timed it horribly and was driving during the night,by myself.

The road that I take from my house to the interstate is long,dark and isnt to curvy.I catch myself nodding out(not the opiate nods)allot driving down it.It scares the shit out of me.I am constantly having to pull over and get out and dance around or take a short nap.

With no sleep driving the distances that you are driving,caffeine just isnt effective.So far you have done good and haven't nodded out.It only takes 5 seconds to nod out and slam into the center barrier or cross over the median and hit a car head on.

Or maybe I am just narcoleptic:shrug:

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Lets talk about impared driving, and sleep deprivation [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5931275 - 08/04/06 12:03 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I hate when I get "the nod." You know what I mean. Where you start to nod off and then jolt yourself back. When that happens, I try to either pull into a rest stop or a gas station and get a coke or something. But often, there's nowhere to go but home, so I'll have to just slap myself to stay awake and hold on til I get there.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Lets talk about impared driving, and sleep deprivation [Re: Silversoul]
    #5931281 - 08/04/06 12:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

well for some reason i can only do it going east? headed west i just havent been able to pull it off, and i think that its beacuse of the sun. i usually start driving around noon local time after just getting up. that way im getting tired just as the sun is coming up, and driving east it rises sooner.

so when the sun comes back up it somewhat tricks my body into thing that its a new day, and pushes back the tiredness.

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

#5931315 - 08/04/06 12:20 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, if I time it so that I'm not tired yet as the sun comes up, I'm golden. I can drive really long distances like its nothing, I've yet to drive over 22 hours straight tho.

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Lets talk about impared driving, and sleep deprivation [Re: Gillette]
    #5931327 - 08/04/06 12:24 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

we can race I-80 to sanfransisco  from chicago next time your in the USA :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

#5931393 - 08/04/06 12:53 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

werd.

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale