Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: The Girl Just Threw Herself Out of My Car....FUCK IT. [Re: it stars saddam]
    #5930319 - 08/04/06 01:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Sure.

Roussaeu says that modern civilization was formed when people unilaterally decided that it would be in their better interests to form into a bigger group and pick a leader.

But history shows us taht this has NEVER been shown to take place. In all the societies in history, all the tribes and groups and peoples, there is NEVER one single historical account of a people just deciding to band together to help one another.

Its TOTAL BULLSHIT.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
Re: The Girl Just Threw Herself Out of My Car....FUCK IT. [Re: TrippinTeddy]
    #5930320 - 08/04/06 01:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TrippinTeddy said:
Wipe your ass with all her clothes. Do her pillow covers as well. Fill her hair dryer with flour so it sticks to her wet hair. Pee in left over foods you know she will eat.

Im sure she will move out soon after

That sounds like a real assholish things to do.

Edited by Rahie (08/04/06 01:25 AM)

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

Re: The Girl Just Threw Herself Out of My Car....FUCK IT. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5930326 - 08/04/06 01:28 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sorry to rain on the parade but philosophy is the first and most powerful of the scientific studies.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #5930327 - 08/04/06 01:29 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Sure.

Roussaeu says that modern civilization was formed when people unilaterally decided that it would be in their better interests to form into a bigger group and pick a leader.

But history shows us taht this has NEVER been shown to take place. In all the societies in history, all the tribes and groups and peoples, there is NEVER one single historical account of a people just deciding to band together to help one another.

Its TOTAL BULLSHIT.

Rousseau doesn't account for 90% of philosophy. I've honestly never even heard of the guy. But really, you think it's possible to disprove concepts like determinism, solipsism, etc.? If so, perhaps you should pursue a career in philosophy.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: The Girl Just Threw Herself Out of My Car....FUCK IT. [Re: passitbobbie]
    #5930328 - 08/04/06 01:29 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You would love her.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#5930334 - 08/04/06 01:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

itstarssaddam said:
Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Sure.

Its TOTAL BULLSHIT.

Rousseau doesn't account for 90% of philosophy. I've honestly never even heard of the guy. But honestly, you think it's possible to disprove concepts like determinism, solipsism, etc.? If so, perhaps you should pursue a career in philosophy.

You've never heard of Roussaeu?

WTF?

He's probably the most famous philosopher of all time. The Social Contract? Buried in the Pantheon? Right next to Voltaire? (Ever heard of him?)

I mean, c'mon. I'm far from a philosopher, and I know who Roussaeu is.

--------------------

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #5930338 - 08/04/06 01:33 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

WTF?

He's probably the most famous philosopher of all time. The Social Contract? Buried in the Pantheon? Right next to Voltaire? (Ever heard of him?)

I mean, c'mon. I'm far from a philosopher, and I know who Roussaeu is.

So what, I don't know who the fuck it is either.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: The Girl Just Threw Herself Out of My Car....FUCK IT. [Re: eris]
    #5930347 - 08/04/06 01:38 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You arent also throwing around alot of philosophy terms and trying to make yourself sound smart.

Determinism, Solipism, etc.

Thanks, come again.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #5930348 - 08/04/06 01:38 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Man, glad she didn't get hurt.

A mental case, sounds like. Move before it gets deep.

Best of luck

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #5930352 - 08/04/06 01:40 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Never claimed to know anything about philosophy anyways. :shrug:

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: The Girl Just Threw Herself Out of My Car....FUCK IT. [Re: eris]
    #5930355 - 08/04/06 01:41 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

:thanx:

--------------------

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

#5930357 - 08/04/06 01:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
You arent also throwing around alot of philosophy terms and trying to make yourself sound smart.

Thanks, come again.

Having the knowledge of words (Vocabulary) is a great sign of intelligence.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #5930362 - 08/04/06 01:44 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

Thanks, come again.

This is the pub negro, philosophical debate belongs in P&S. :wink:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: The Girl Just Threw Herself Out of My Car....FUCK IT. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #5930364 - 08/04/06 01:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

:protest:

--------------------

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

#5930379 - 08/04/06 01:58 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

itstarssaddam said:
Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Sure.

Its TOTAL BULLSHIT.

Rousseau doesn't account for 90% of philosophy. I've honestly never even heard of the guy. But honestly, you think it's possible to disprove concepts like determinism, solipsism, etc.? If so, perhaps you should pursue a career in philosophy.

WTF?

He's probably the most famous philosopher of all time.

No he's not.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

#5930382 - 08/04/06 02:00 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

Thanks, come again.

I didn't think it would be necessary to include Wikipedia links in my post, but it appears I was wrong. Oh well, you would probably just disprove it all anyway.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: The Girl Just Threw Herself Out of My Car....FUCK IT. [Re: passitbobbie]
    #5930383 - 08/04/06 02:00 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

passitbobbie said:
Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

Thanks, come again.

Having the knowledge of words (Vocabulary) is a great sign of intelligence.

I for one have great respect for anybody willing to make the most sense out of shit we cant put into words and write it down in words on paper. Delving into the mind and expressing our ideas, thoughts and beliefs about ourselves with words, will always be much more effective that numbers could ever be.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #5930423 - 08/04/06 02:29 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

itstarssaddam said:
Religion is philosophy. Rather disjointed, but philosophy nonetheless.

Well, don't state opinion as fact (as in the case of statement #2), but yes religion is philosophy.

I never claimed that religion can be scientifically verified though. Quite the contrary, it never will be.

Religion isn't something I can prove, or make a living with either.

So, I study chemistry.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #5930428 - 08/04/06 02:35 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

We're driving home, and arguing. We argue alot when we're drunk.

So like, 2 blocks from home, she opens the door and throws herself out!

This is going like, 30 MPH.

WTF?

She has a great future as a stunt women, write up a contract and become her manager.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinethe_who
(not the band)

Re: The Girl Just Threw Herself Out of My Car....FUCK IT. [Re: Hanky]
    #5930443 - 08/04/06 02:59 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Although a philosophy major may not be the most profitable, it is just plain ignorant and close-minded to call philosophy "bullshit."

Everyone is a philosopher because everyone forms their own beliefs about reality and the purpose of life in one way or another (even if they choose to believe the teachings of a famous religion).

Questioning reality and pondering the meaning of life and our place in the universe is an essential aspect of human existence.

A philosophy major may not profit financially, but the expansion of consciousness and awareness would far make up for it. Oh wait! College isn't about learning - it's about becoming a business major and making $100k a year so you can buy that expensive sports car and become successful.

I guess it really comes down to what you want out of a college education - a genuine gain in knowledge or a diploma that can get you more profitable jobs.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order