Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSineSierra
Stranger
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: ShroomScape]
    #5924770 - 08/02/06 08:54 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Damn. Sounds like you have the same frame of mind as me, so hopefully my experience will follow the same path you took. Thanks for the awesome responses, everybody (most notably ShroomScape!) I am expecting my salvia tomorrow, and will let everyone know how it goes with that. May order the seeds and caps as well. I really appreciate this, since erowid doesn't really have much relatable info that would answer some of the questions of mine. Oh well.

hope that salvia comes soon.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: SineSierra]
    #5924980 - 08/02/06 10:43 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Amanitas were my first shroom experience.
But I never got more effects than slight sedative effect. It was few experiments, with less than 10g (5g, 6g, 7.5g) dry with that tea method (no boiling water, and did not eat the mush).

I can't remember why I stopped experimenting but back then, I put 10g into storage. It has been waiting there for 10 months now. If the oven method didn't convert all Ibotenic acid then the slow cure might have done the thing?

Just waiting for a proper setting.

Yes, remember to standardize your material.
Chop, grind and mix your mushrooms together.
This way you will not experience differences in mushroom material's potency.

By the way, I have a question if there is someone to have experience of 'Amanita extracts' (aka. 'amanita syrup' 'amanita goo'?)?

I had some juice that I concentrated from the A.muscarias that I dried in my oven. There was about 200ml of amanita liquid. I dried the amanitas in a big SSteel bowl which captured the liquid. It is said that you should pour this liquid back to the mushrooms to increase potency.
But I collected it and dried it in a flat glass bowl. I scraped it together into a small blob with razor blade.
It is sized as big as about 2 sugar cubes are. Its kind of 'red blob' that makes a lot of bubbles and morphing when I torch it, like in the end of a match.

I am a little concerned about the potency of this product.

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: astraalialma]
    #5925296 - 08/02/06 12:37 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

this is interesting... I wonder what this goo is? Have you tried ingesting or smoking it in anyway? I have heard of this goo before and it is proper to just pour it back on the mushies.

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: passitbobbie]
    #5925402 - 08/02/06 01:14 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I have tried smoking it from a bong.
All it did was to turn the skin black and then the inside would boil and bubble from within.. its hard to explain. It burns and bubbles. No noticeable effects from a pea sized portion. I can try estimating the size of goo and measure its weight but it will be a rough estimate, not exact.

I haven't been about to eat it as it is but..
Hmm, the goo is probably water soluble, so you could just knife a piece from it and make some tea? I might try that. But I don't know how many X-factors does it have. So how much should I try at first?
How do you produce 10X amanita extracts.. or what ever they sell?
Is it just so that the goo settles on to a standard density (or nX) when it dries out?
[does the amount of mushrooms, that are under drying process on which the amanita fluid is collected, affect the potency of end product ('goo')?
or does it just increase the amount of goo?

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

#5925434 - 08/02/06 01:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

actually I think the extracts they sell come with three layers of stuff for some reason. I have no experience or idea why.

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

#5925436 - 08/02/06 01:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds just like wormwood extract. You may have to heat it up on some tinfoil and chase the vapors with a straw.

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

#5925662 - 08/02/06 02:39 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

3 layers of stuff?

Could it be that they have dried the amanita liquid in a large flat bowl. They would then stack up pieces of that flat plate to sum up the amount they are selling?

Or?

About vaporizing, I have a setup that I use to vaporize stuff.
I did try it out once but a little panic arise, I was thinking about that maybe it would surprise me in its effect and abandoned proceeding the test.

Don't you think that the active ingredients are destroyed by heat before vaporization?

Quote:

Wikipedia: Muscimol
... Consumption of carbonated beverages with mushrooms containing muscimol will only convert (or sometimes, revert) into ibotenic acid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscimol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscarine

Offlinemellowrubberduck
NDE on 7/8/06
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
    #5926767 - 08/02/06 08:31 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Some people have said that fly agaric doesn't produce visuals, at all. Maybe it's just the person, maybe not, I don't really know. But, I don't think that because of that it should be called a *deliriant*. I haven't tried jimson weed or datura, but I have dosed dramamine, and that was nothing like fly agaric. I think the title *psychedelic* should stay for the mushroom, and leave *deliriant* to actual deliriants. Feeling drunk and heavy, losing balance, can be experienced with deliriants, but what I got out of the mushroom was MUCH more than not being able to distinguish reality from long gone friends that are now walking and talking with you in your living room. But, I think everybody should try amanitas, along with salvia, at least once. I wish smoked salvia lasted longer, but I may just have to find a plain leaf to chew on to fix my needs.

I've chomped far too many morning glory seeds, and I don't think I'll ever forget that ground taste - not one of my favorite things to be stuck in my memory. Last night I ate hawaiian baby woodrose seeds my first time, and since they taste exactly the same as MG seeds, I ground them up and mixed it with orange juice. I would recommend HBWR over MGS because of the quantity difference.

Good luck with your adventures!

OfflineSineSierra
Stranger
    #5927203 - 08/02/06 10:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

astraalialma said:
Tell us more about your first trip, maybe it was nice and euphoric, next trip may be different.
You should proceed with caution and be prepared and read how to do in case of a bad trip.
Set and setting.
It's wonderful to hear that your GF likes to trip with you, that will be a big bonus. How experienced is she?
She can be an invaluable help and turn trip good.

She (Mariah) has a strange reaction to drugs.  Or rather, a lack therof.  She hardly ever has a true trip, apparently.  My girlfriend is about 5'2" and 105 lbs....tiny girl, and she has eaten an a little more than an entire eighth of the same shrooms I ate, and merely saw the clouds blowing her kisses.  But on the trip we had together, she didn't hallucinate once, and spent the whole thing keeping me out of trouble, bless her heart.  She witnessed my emotional breakdown and complete schizophrenic episode, learning everything about me that I've kept inside as to avoid scaring her away.  I remember parts of the trip, and I clearly recall pulling her close to me, and immediately pushing her away again, then every so often jumping up from the floor where we were laying and bolting around the house, laughing hysterically, launching myself into bedto cry under the covers. When I first began to come up, I was sitting on a chair next to her, smiling like a lunatic with tears rolling down my face, as if the smile hurt so terribly but I couldn't stop myself. After this, most of the time I was talking extremely fast, blathering complete psychotic nonsense. my two very opposite halves conversing and on occasion talking with her as well.  She eventually forced me out of the house and into the city since my stepbrother came home from work and I was rolling on the floor, pants around my ankles, and we walked for a while....well, she walked, I stumbled. Mariah kept me from wandering out into traffic a TON of times, thank god, and she told the cops that questioned my inebriation that I was drunk and we were on our way back home. I remember smiling most of the time, and repeating that we were actors in a movie, over and over, and I believed it. Now, this is where everything gets sporatic and I can't remember much. But we sat down and lounged in a graveyard, and she talked with a homeless man who had followed us there.  He apparently sat with us for a long while, and although he was completely harmless, I was so skeptical of all strangers that I said nothing.  He laughed with Mariah, told her his name was Wes. Wes the Mess, he said.  I was wild-eyed and looked like shit, I'm sure, and I kept standing, looking him square in the eye, then into hers and pulling on her arm, telling her we had to go. Don't know why. The entire trip I felt as if wherever we were was wrong and we had to go elsewhere, and I had to force myself to be anywhere else, or even to change our destination (although we had none). After that, I only remember being on the couch, pupils as big as my head :eek:, spaced out and answering my mother's questions.  Mariah explained again that I was drunk.  Then, I woke up and it was dark.  I was laying with Mariah on the couch, and I felt that weeks had passed.  Oh, and I think my trip was far too intense, because I ate an entire eighth, and this has sorta been my first time with anything besides marijuana. I can't recall anymore off the top of my head, but I felt so light and refreshed after the trip ended, disregarding my slight head/jaw/joint aches. All in all, Mariah has had shrooms probably 5 times, from what she's told me, and I would have been seriously hurt had she not been there to babysit me. After this little adventure though, she said that she's never seen anything like that, and drugs now scare her. This coming from a girl who went on coke binges, used to drink heavily, basically never turned down much (and shewas always around SOME substance). She brought them back from a beach trip, as a gift for me because I had mentioned, months ago, that I wanted to try mushrooms. I was against anything but alcohol and marijuana, and it upset me when Mariah told me of her using something at the beach. I would preach that I didn't appreciate her "doing that shit" and all that close-minded bullshit. Now she doesn't want anything to do with most any substance, and I want to try so much. Ironic. Plus, I feel like such a complete asshole for telling her no without any good reason besides pure naivity and worry, and then we completely change sides. She's still fuckin great though. Sorry for the rambling, I really felt like typing.

Oh, and thanks astraalialma for great those videos!  I LOVE them, and they are great for witnessing firsthand what to, or not to, expect.

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: SineSierra]
    #5927596 - 08/03/06 01:01 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, thats .. dunno what to say. (except that you should format your text into paragraphs)
Well, seems like you didn't have a proper set & setting?
Because you had to leave the apartment to avoid confrontation of other people. This can cause bad vibes, the underlying worry and paranoia of others intruding the premises.

What ever happens, you should not fight it.
Succumb into the powers.
Remember, it is just momentary.
You should also try meditation.

It is a good thing to be a little scared.
That way you might not end up using them hastily. You may be much more sensitive to the mushrooms than your girl, that could explain a lot.
And in this case, much lower dosage could have been 'more'.
More in a way that you experience something beautiful, rather than this quite overpowering mad experience.

:mushroom2:

OfflineSineSierra
Stranger
    #5927971 - 08/03/06 07:51 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, good point about the paragraphs! Sorry about that.
But that makes sense that my body may not have the capacity to "fight" any foreign substance very well, and she can. I'm sure her tolerance to drugs and the like is heightened quite a bit.

Looking back on the trip later that night, I felt like it was a good experience, sort of as if the bad trips have all been purged as one, and I'm sure that my pre-conceived notions of drugs in the first place had a huge role in the tone of my trip. All I knew about mushrooms was what I learned from tv or high school health class....no real source of the info a person REALLY needs to learn of the effects of this sort of thing. Not compared to actual experience, at least.

And first chance I get I will get more cubies without second thought, only this time, like you said, less than before and I will plan the trip ahead of time. Now I know a little more of what it really is like. At least now I know how much NOT to eat!

Regardless, I am so excited to have entered this whole new world of enlightenment and I'm blown away at how much I've learned about myself and my surroundings from my encounter with mushrooms.....marijuana doesn't quite do that.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies