Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineorpheus
I.A.O.
Male User Gallery

Loc: The 23rd Aethyr
Shroom - Powder - Capsules
    #5922798 - 08/01/06 06:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Are there any users on-line here who have turned dried mushrooms into powder and then put them into capsules?

I was interested in the different methods of turning them into powder. I saw someone suggest a coffee grinder, I am sure there are a few different methods.

Would a pepper grinder work?

Could I also smash them repeatedly with a mortar and pestle?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYamidude
Stranger

Re: Shroom - Powder - Capsules [Re: orpheus]
    #5922813 - 08/01/06 06:53 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

just use a coffee grinder.. Why make it any more difficult than it needs to be. I think there is a TEK here somewhere about how to make them. You can order kits for capping on the web for really cheap. good luck with that..

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

#5922816 - 08/01/06 06:54 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

'tis not really a cultivation question... buut

mortar and pestle does not really work.  been there done that. :smile:

coffee grinder turns them into fine dust, in seconds.  the finer the powder, the more you can fit into a cap.  you can get 600mg or so in a size 00 capsule this way.  they cost less than 20 bucks.  good investment either for capsules, or for grinding to powder for making teas or chocolates.  i suppose you can even grind coffee in it. :smile:  i wouldnt waste my time with a pepper grinder.

a cap'm'quick machine is inexpensive too, can turn out 50 capsules in about 10 minutes.  find them at heath food/vitamin shops, easier on the web.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Shroom - Powder - Capsules [Re: Yamidude]
    #5922830 - 08/01/06 06:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

certainly don't know for sure but i'd say it'd start with some sort of extraction because you'd never fit enough straight mushrooms (ground or not) into a capsule to trip and I for one certainly don't want to take 45 pills just to trip, there are plenty of articles on extraction of psilocin and psilocybin in the cultivation archive just do some searching. I would think extracting into a crystalized form or something would be the best way to get the stuff in a capsule... Again though, i don't have a clue about extraction or making capsules with them. It's just how I see things...

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroom - Powder - Capsules [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #5922860 - 08/01/06 07:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yep.  if you had a clue about extraction, you'd know the crystals are extremely unstable when exposed to air and decompose extremely fast, which is why extracts are left in liquid form.  you'd therefore need to make a liquid gelcap, and its still only theoretical that that could work, and the equipment required to properly measure and prepare such a thing is out of the reach of most of our hands.

600mg in a cap isnt bad.  eating 3 capsules is therefore just over a half eigth.  4 caps is about the sweet spot with good potency cubies.  its a lot easier than eating them straight, and convenient to carry in little pre-weighed self serve containers. :smile:  stick them in an empty st. johns wort bottle or something, and its totally inconspicuous too.

OfflineHighGuy
Stranger

#5923126 - 08/01/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

How long do they stay good for in capsule form?

--------------------
http://www.lp.org
Start making America free again.

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
    #5923132 - 08/01/06 08:42 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Cap-m-quick makes an excellent kit for 30 bucks. I use the 000 size caps, and I use a food processor to powder my shrooms, takes a bit longer than a coffee grinder I'm assuming, but I can get the powder REALLY fine... like, do a line of shrooms fine.

And the 000 size pills sometimes freak people out, but you can always just crack them open and pour them in a cup of orange juice or whatever. my 000 size pills weigh around .8-.9 grams on average.

--------------------

Offlineorpheus
I.A.O.
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroom - Powder - Capsules [Re: liamtheloser]
    #5925464 - 08/02/06 01:39 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks alot for the info. I intend to use it.

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
    #5925967 - 08/02/06 04:24 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, a coffee grinder will make it into pixie dust. from what i have found that when you ingest it. It hits real hard, but doesn't last long as all.

THEREFORE NOW I GRIND WITH THIS.

it's a chopper... finly chops it to make chocolates

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Offlineorpheus
I.A.O.
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroom - Powder - Capsules [Re: Oatman2000]
    #5926065 - 08/02/06 04:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, I just got home from the store with a coffee grinder and then you have to show me something as pretty as those chocolates.

Those chocolates look really nice.

By the way when you say “the powder pixie dust pills do not last long” How long are you talking about?
1 hour, 2 hours, 30 minutes?

I sat down and read your post right after I turned my mushrooms into dust.

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
    #5926095 - 08/02/06 05:09 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

longer than that... more like 4 hrs. instead of 6.

something about choping it into little chunchs that slowly disolve lasting longer... Than it all disolving at once with a big whallop!

the choc recipe is in my sig. check it out.

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Offlineorpheus
I.A.O.
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroom - Powder - Capsules [Re: Oatman2000]
    #5926163 - 08/02/06 05:32 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That’s very interesting, I appreciate the feedback.

When you would do them in capsules filled with dust, how many capsules would you typically take for such an effect.
2 people so far have basically said that 4 capsules were typically a good amount.
Any thoughts?

In the past I have only eaten them fresh. In fact the last time I did Shrooms was 13 years ago, and I did more then anyone person should ever consider doing on that occasion.

Thanks for the Recipe.

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
    #5926404 - 08/02/06 06:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Know how much you're putting in each capsule and take the same amount as you always do... Why are you making it more complex than it has to be?

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Shroom - Powder - Capsules [Re: Solidcell]
    #5926410 - 08/02/06 06:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

00 caps generaly hold about .59 grams if packed

Offlineorpheus
I.A.O.
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroom - Powder - Capsules [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5926790 - 08/02/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Well, to be honest I do not intend on doing any experimenting with doses. I am only going to do it one time and give away the rest to my friends.
I don’t have the time or the desire to trip several times. Once will be just enough. The last time I did it was 13 years ago, I ate 35 fresh mushrooms and I tripped so hard I lost all recollection of who and what I was; my assemblage point was reconfigured and I was able to see through peoples souls. I still to this day see auras around people. Now I feel enough time has passed and it is time for another trip and I just wanted to make sure I prepare a good size dose, not 2 big not 2 small. I don’t for a moment think I am making anything more complex then it has to be. I merely wanted some information, I value educated decisions not whimsical and reckless abandon.

If you only want to insult me then why even bother answering the thread?

There are no stupid questions when dealing with Hallucinogenic drugs.

OfflineTikiwoo
Psychedelic Monk
 User Gallery

#5927005 - 08/02/06 09:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Powder is cool but, Alcohol Extraction in capsules is your dose in one pill.

--------------------
Fallow me to the odyssey and the ecstasy of Psychedelics.

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
Re: Shroom - Powder - Capsules [Re: Tikiwoo]
    #5927442 - 08/02/06 11:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I wasn't insulting you at all. I just made a point. If you can weight how much you are going to consume whole, why can't you just take that same amount and put it in capsules (regardless of their size and individual weight)? I mean really, you'll be farther off by taking 4 as you suggested you might, because the ones you make will be of a different weight than those others make.

Sorry you took offence to my reply, but it's not like I said "It's not complex" (thus assuming you're incompitent). I asked why you were making it more complex than it has to be, something that can be asked of anyone regardless of their intelligence.

But really, in the end, it's just taking the amount you are going to consume dried, and putting it into capsules, nothing more (you have to agree, it matters not how many capsules it takes, but the amount of shrooms you used to fill them). If you're wanting to know how much to take, then that's a different topic all together.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules