Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleHinny
The Missing Genre Link.
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: I kind of want to have kids [Re: sonar]
    #12603981 - 05/21/10 12:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm in a similar thing too, even though I'm trying my best to dismiss it. Possible mid life crisis at 25? :laugh:

I've not wanted children and even thought of having an operation so I can never have one. My boyfriend has a son and when I see him I try and pass on my maternal instincts onto him, but for me personally having kids deems itself pointless (I said personally).

Could just get a cat and annoy the fuck out of it until he/she turns 9 and leaves home. Replace and start again....? :laugh:

I would always say its best to sit on your ideas for a bit if they are major like this, see how you feel. Nothing else really.

--------------------
'Escapism is the Best Form of Reality'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBay_Botanist
Knowledge sponge
Female User Gallery

Loc: California, USA Flag
Re: I kind of want to have kids [Re: ZippoZ]
    #12603983 - 05/21/10 12:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I don't have the urge to have kids of my own, but if I really wanted them I would adopt. Why be selfish and bring another child into this world when there are so many orphaned kids out there that need a good home?

--------------------

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: I kind of want to have kids [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #12603998 - 05/21/10 01:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
The world is far too overpopulated already without my help.  All these people out there try to do thier part by conserving and recycling, but then they have a few kids and contribute more to the earths problems then I ever could.  I chose years ago not to have kids and I will miss out on many things as I grow old childless.  But its my way of doing my part to help out in an overpopulated, fucked up world.

I sort of feel the same way. I'd rather adopt if I had to have a kid. There are so many kids that don't have anyone because most people want something of their flesh and blood.

I feel horrible seeing more neighbourhoods being built where the was once trees, rivers, animals, LIFE. And think about how many kids were your in your school, then think about how many kids in total those former classsmates are going to pump out. Then think about our fragile planet with its every shrinking space. For the sake of Earth, I wouldn't feel right having a child now.

OfflineMaurer

Re: I kind of want to have kids [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #12604064 - 05/21/10 01:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LuNaTiX said:
I think im a bit younger then you , but I know how you feel, but the older I seem to get the more I seen to lean towards a slow, and peaceful family life instead of living in the fast lane. Best of luck to you in figureing out what you want to do.

Nothing peaceful about it.

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #12604134 - 05/21/10 01:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

lol I think you would make a great father, man. You are smart and street savvy, while maintaining a cool life. This world needs more smart kids to guide(or stay away from) the rest of the morons out there. There are very few people that I have met in my life that I would dare to make that leap with. Only a couple actually. I got very fortunate to have Danksis be the mother of Elijah. It wasn't planned and we have been split up for a couple of years now, but we get along famously. We are happier now that we are apart than in the last months of our relationship. It's strange how that works...

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: I kind of want to have kids [Re: eligal]
    #12604204 - 05/21/10 01:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:
Quote:

Lily_Morgan said:
Quote:

EmperorKuzco said:
I find it an interesting paradox that the people smart enough to realize that they shouldn't have kids are the ones who probobly should have them, and that the people who are ignorant of the consequences of kids are generally the ones who have them.

I completely agree on that one. :thumbup:

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Offlinesonar
Stranger

Re: I kind of want to have kids [Re: The_Ghost]
    #12604307 - 05/21/10 01:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I wish was Randy Marsh was my dad :-(

InvisibleRazzl3Frazzl3
Female

#12604347 - 05/21/10 02:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I never wanted them bc i was afraid i would give them the same shitty upbringing i had. My girl and i have talked a lot on this, and i've realized i would make a kickass dad! But we refuse to struggle, so its BC for now.

GL Zipz

Offlinesonar
Stranger

Re: I kind of want to have kids [Re: Hinny]
    #12604438 - 05/21/10 02:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hinny said:
I'm in a similar thing too, even though I'm trying my best to dismiss it. Possible mid life crisis at 25? :laugh:

I've not wanted children and even thought of having an operation so I can never have one. My boyfriend has a son and when I see him I try and pass on my maternal instincts onto him, but for me personally having kids deems itself pointless (I said personally).

Could just get a cat and annoy the fuck out of it until he/she turns 9 and leaves home. Replace and start again....? :laugh:

I would always say its best to sit on your ideas for a bit if they are major like this, see how you feel. Nothing else really.

Oh im not pressuring or anything but yeah it's kind of something i want in my life (been a support worker for 3 years, psychology graduate -> social work?) so it's pulling me apart. But you never know, if we're still together for a long time maybe we will trust eachother, i just don't like uncertainty :frown:

Offlinelifeinallday
OVA<

Loc: fucked in time
    #12604453 - 05/21/10 02:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

how bout think or not wheather ot no the kid would want you

--------------------
"In a revolving universe those who stand still move backward"- I forget

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male

Loc: 512
Re: I kind of want to have kids [Re: lifeinallday]
    #12604478 - 05/21/10 02:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

honestly.

--------------------

Offlinesonar
Stranger

Re: I kind of want to have kids [Re: lifeinallday]
    #12604543 - 05/21/10 02:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lifeinallday said:
how bout think or not wheather ot no the kid would want you

I would teach good values :-)

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #12604858 - 05/21/10 03:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You know a man can have kids at 75 yo because sperm is more viable in more men, sometimes till they die. It is suggested a woman not have kids after 40 or so. 20-35 (give or take a couple of years) being prime age for most women. Maybe this is why so many men have that middle age crazy thing and want 20 year old women. :confused:

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: I kind of want to have kids [Re: blissedout]
    #12606480 - 05/21/10 08:58 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
lol I think you would make a great father, man. You are smart and street savvy, while maintaining a cool life. This world needs more smart kids to guide(or stay away from) the rest of the morons out there. There are very few people that I have met in my life that I would dare to make that leap with. Only a couple actually. I got very fortunate to have Danksis be the mother of Elijah. It wasn't planned and we have been split up for a co

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: I kind of want to have kids [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #12606486 - 05/21/10 08:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
lol I think you would make a great father, man. You are smart and street savvy, while maintaining a cool life. This world needs more smart kids to guide(or stay away from) the rest of the morons out there. There are very few people that I have met in my life that I would dare to make that leap with. Only a couple actually. I got very fortunate to have Danksis be the mother of Elijah. It wasn't planned and we have been split up for a couple of years now, but we get along famously. We are happier now that we are apart than in the last months of our relationship. It's strange how that works...

Thanks so much man!
this thread was 3 years old.... and i still do want to have kids, its just a question of with who and if ever....

a family. now that would be somethin!

i was musing the other day about how i wouldnt ever be that upset if someone ive slept with got 'knocked up' and that i would be happy for it..

but the bottom line is im just too careful for that, ill probably never knock a chick up un-intentionally

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom