Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesexybudandnugs
Stranger
 User Gallery
help me pick substrate and casing material
    #5925113 - 08/02/06 11:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i switched from cakes to casing... so know i'm using brf cakes with 60/40 verm and coir.... having little success.. but i plan to have lots of success soon.... gonna use LC too...

i need to buy new material... but BRF doesn't seem a good pick from some people for bulk.. i wanna get to hippie chick's level... one day...

so what substrate should i use and casing mix???

I don't like to play with poo (i barely wanna/like to wipe my ass)

so poo is out.. and now i don't really have a pressure cooker but will look into one soon from the thrift stores...

what can u have w/o a PC???

what do u recommend.. i want lots of shrooms for bulk (using green house like hippie chick).. don't wanna play with poo...

i was thinking about WBS ..... looks easy enough... but how about the others.. some input greatly appreciated...

thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYamidude
Stranger

Re: help me pick substrate and casing material [Re: sexybudandnugs]
    #5925127 - 08/02/06 11:35 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

WBS spawned to Coir+.. cased with peat/verm or miracle grow moisture control..

Invisibleitsbreck
Crunk
Male
    #5925133 - 08/02/06 11:38 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

dont be affraid of poo. its not gross, its aged, dry, pasteurized...so no nasty smell or anything like that.

WBS spawned to HPOO will get you fantastic results.

heres a good link for casing wbs with coco coir

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5150228#Post5150228

--------------------
:psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:

InvisibleSpookerShroom
Shroomerite
    #5925136 - 08/02/06 11:41 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

well, both LC and Grains for spawn are hit or miss without a PC, so I would make that #1 on your list of things to get. Its better when your trying new things like going to bulk to reduce the vectors of contamination, so you don't get discouraged on the get-go, so get a PC.

You have a few choices for a good bulk substrate besides poo, mainly being straw, and the more recently talked about fortified coir.

Straw contams more easily than poo IMO...not sure about coirs resistance. Talk to creamcorn if you have questions about coir.

I've used poo almost exclusivly, im about to have a go at a worm castings tub and a coir tub also....but I can vouch for poo saying it has always produced the biggest flushes I've ever gotten.

If you want a lots of shrooms with less chance of contam, play with the poo. Put on some damn gloves! Take to mind, that if you were to get the right poo, it would not be like the poo you are wiping from your ass anyways. For a start on bulk poo, try buying 5-10 lbs of pre pasturized from mike at tennstud. The only contact you will have with his poo is just when your mixing your spawn with it, and you could do that with some nice dishwashing gloves on.

Theres prlly alot I missed that other shroomerites can fill you in on, just wanted to give u my opinion.

Good luck in whatever you do!

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: help me pick substrate and casing material [Re: Yamidude]
    #5925149 - 08/02/06 11:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Yamidude said:
WBS spawned to Coir+.. cased with peat/verm or miracle grow moisture control..

:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale