Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best spore printing tek [Re: invitro]
    #19955128 - 05/07/14 05:43 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

No, it's fucking not.

You really need to stop spreading bad info. I'm tired of chasing you around and fixing it.

Flame sterilizing your scissors is gonna melt the fucking handle.

I posted the way the pros do it. I've done it many, many times myself. Nobody has ever complained about my prints.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineinvitro

Re: Best spore printing tek [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #19955144 - 05/07/14 05:47 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Metal scissors then, bacterial contams in a print is seriously bad.  Put me on iggy if I'm too much for you to handle.

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
    #19955158 - 05/07/14 05:50 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

No, then you'll just spread your bullshit and I won't be able to correct it. You'll get a bunch of noobs with contaminated shit that will post and I'll have to answer them.

You know not what you speak of. Your print is 99% sure to ALREADY have some bacteria in it. Go get a vendor print or syringe and put it under a microscope.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Offlineinvitro

#19955183 - 05/07/14 05:54 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Your logic: because there are already some bacteria, it's ok to add more, even when there is a perfectly good alternative to not add more.  And you should do it this way, "because the pros" do it this way.  Did I get you right there?

Edited by invitro (05/07/14 05:54 PM)

Offlinecapti
Stranger
 User Gallery

#19955237 - 05/07/14 06:03 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

if you were going to sterilize scissors using a flame would be a bad idea you could cook it in the oven at a low temp or maybe pressure cook it .... if for some reason alcohol was not enuff for you

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Loc: sub-surface unseen
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best spore printing tek [Re: capti]
    #19955246 - 05/07/14 06:05 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

capti said:
if you were going to sterilize scissors using a flame would be a bad idea you could cook it in the oven at a low temp or maybe pressure cook it .... if for some reason alcohol was not enuff for you

:stars:

--------------------
A few thoughts on cultivation
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best spore printing tek [Re: capti]
    #19955248 - 05/07/14 06:05 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

No, my logic is that flaming your scissors is just a waste of fucking time. Alcohol works plenty well enough.

Make shit harder on yourself if you want.

I really think you're just arguing to argue at this point.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:

bodhisatta said:

Offlineinvitro

Re: Best spore printing tek [Re: 36fuckin5] * 1
    #19955286 - 05/07/14 06:13 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

365 said at the beginning of the post:

"Third, wiping foil (which is already sterile) with alcohol is like washing your face then wiping shit on it. Alcohol doesn't sterilize anything, it only sanitizes. Big difference."

So wiping the foil with alcohol is like wiping shit on your face, but
it's ok to wipe your scissors with alcohol and get that shit on the the stem and then onto the foil.  Thanks for clearing that up.  Your best move now would be to concede the point gracefully because everyone can see your wrong, sorry.

I'm not arguing to argue, I'm arguing to keep nubs from screwing up all their prints.

Edited by invitro (05/07/14 06:21 PM)

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
    #19955321 - 05/07/14 06:20 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

The difference is that your fruit was never sterile to begin with. The foil was. What we can't flame, we wipe with alcohol. You can't flame scissors because the handle will melt, or you'll burn yourself on the handle. Scalpel blades are super thin and cool quickly.

I'm not gonna concede and say I'm wrong because I'm not. I'm just getting tired of being the only TC around besides when RR wants to pop in. You're obviously not gonna believe me, so I need somebody who actually knows what the fuck they're talking about to come help me shut you up.

Get off the forums and go read on microbiology from someone with a degree. scholar.google.com is your friend.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:

bodhisatta said:

Offlinecapti
Stranger
 User Gallery

#19955325 - 05/07/14 06:21 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

the foil is sterile its rolled at temps that keep it sterile unless you unroll it and are waving it around

InvisibleDr.Dankhead
Uhh...doctor gonzo?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Breathing down your neck Flag
Re: Best spore printing tek [Re: liamtheloser]
    #19955331 - 05/07/14 06:23 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

liamtheloser said:
small closed room, properly sterilized.  wipe a sheet of foil with alcohol to sterlize it, place the caps on the foil, then cover each cap with a sterilized (with alcohol) shot glass (or drinking glass, w/e)

wait 24 hours, re-sterilize the small closed room, wear sterile gloves, pick up the shot glass, carefully remove cap, fold foil over the top of the print, fold the edges in so it's a sealed little square, then do that for every print you're taking.

That's way overkill..

I print mine on sterile foil, open room, no hardcore sterilization Needed..

Never have i had a syringe not work..

The syringe tek is what's TRUELY important.. I'm lazy as shit with prints and it always works

--------------------

:mushroom2:**need a check up?**:aliendance: **im a Doctor**:mushroom2:
:bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2:
i sometimes wish I was a wormy, wiggling all in the cold dirt...tickle tackle pickle dickle think a mackshift thought of broken words broken gears and words of conundrums..I'm not a weiner doctor so take that shit to dr. Gonz free boob inplant consultations.. Photo required

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best spore printing tek [Re: Dr.Dankhead]
    #19955338 - 05/07/14 06:24 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dr.Dankhead said:
Quote:

liamtheloser said:
small closed room, properly sterilized.  wipe a sheet of foil with alcohol to sterlize it, place the caps on the foil, then cover each cap with a sterilized (with alcohol) shot glass (or drinking glass, w/e)

wait 24 hours, re-sterilize the small closed room, wear sterile gloves, pick up the shot glass, carefully remove cap, fold foil over the top of the print, fold the edges in so it's a sealed little square, then do that for every print you're taking.

That's way overkill..

I print mine on sterile foil, open room, no hardcore sterilization Needed..

Never have i had a syringe not work..

The syringe tek is what's TRUELY important.. I'm lazy as shit with prints and it always works

You're just lucky. That doesn't work for most people. It's all important to keep as clean as you can.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:

bodhisatta said:

OfflineMushroomWizard420
mycological magician
Male

Loc: space Flag
    #19955358 - 05/07/14 06:28 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
I'm not gonna concede and say I'm wrong because I'm not. I'm just getting tired of being the only TC around besides when RR wants to pop in. You're obviously not gonna believe me, so I need somebody who actually knows what the fuck they're talking about to come help me shut you up.

I will be your Messiah and carry this burden. :kingtard:

--------------------
"And on the last day, God purchased RogerRabbit's DVD set, and learned to grow mushrooms. And it was good."
-Shroomesis 4:20

:supershroom: :supershroom: :supershroom: :kingtard::supershroom: :supershroom: :supershroom:
                                  :poison: MushroomWizard420 :poison:
                                              :shroomin:

The spirit of the forest watches over his children as they grow...

Offlineinvitro

#19955376 - 05/07/14 06:30 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Your logic is still essentially: because the stem is not sterile it's ok to add more contams to it.  I'm saying that anyone with any sense can see this is not a smart move.  Bring in all the extra people you need.  Your aim shouldn't be to shut me up, but to find the truth and educate.

How can you say it's all important to keep it is as clean as you can and then not sterilize your scissors.  You don't need to get metal scissors so hot it burns your hand, wear thick rubber gloves is one solution, with the capped hooked on a safety clip cutting with a scalpel should be no problem.

Does anyone else see what I'm saying here?  One second he says cleanliness is all important the next he says it's ok to bypass the easy procedure of flame sterilizing the tool to keep the print clean.  It's not that hard.

InvisibleBeside the Garden
Male User Gallery

#19955398 - 05/07/14 06:34 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
Quote:

Beside the Garden said:
Ok I read on here months ago...

Use your sterilization box with the arm holes cut in it.
Have a few zip lock baggies in there, make sure every thing is a steril as posable.
Put a fresh cap into the baggie and let it sit.
After some time has passed and you get a good print remove the cap and seal it up.
When you need the print inject your solution into the baggie, shake then suck it backup into the syringe.
inoculate.

Anybody see any flaws in this or why it couldn't work. Never done it myself but it sounded pretty simple and clean.

It doesn't allow you to use agar. Fuck making spore syringes.

Ok so could using sterilized cotton swabs (the q-tip ones for lab use) to transfer the spore from the zip lock to agar work?

Doing this all in the glove box.
use alcohol to clean the out side of the zip lock first
cracking the edge of the bag open so minimal air gets in
dip the cotton swab in
immediately transfer.

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best spore printing tek [Re: Beside the Garden]
    #19955409 - 05/07/14 06:36 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

If you wanted to do that, an inoculation loop would be better. But just having it on regular foil is better than that.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:

bodhisatta said:

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
    #19955422 - 05/07/14 06:37 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
Get off the forums and go read on microbiology from someone with a degree. scholar.google.com is your friend.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:

bodhisatta said:

InvisibleBeside the Garden
Male User Gallery

#19955439 - 05/07/14 06:39 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Cool, Thanks.

Offlineinvitro

#19955445 - 05/07/14 06:40 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I cannot imagine any kind of article that is going to back up your position, help me out with some keywords to search for or something!

I don't take much at face value, neither do you.  I can't see why you find my questions so irritating, I'm basically you without as much experience.  You can't just say stuff without backing up why and expect everyone to believe you then get all pissed off when they want some proof.  As it stands your position looks completely unreasonable to the average person, you realize that right?

Edited by invitro (05/07/14 06:50 PM)

OfflineMushroomWizard420
mycological magician
Male

Loc: space Flag
    #19955502 - 05/07/14 06:51 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

invitro said:
I cannot imagine any kind of article that is going to back up your position, help me out with some keywords to search for or something!

I don't take much at face value, neither do you.  I can't see why you find my questions so irritating, I'm basically you without as much experience.

here are some keywords to get you started: "stop arguing i'm sure your way works but 365 has eons of experience, so even if you don't like his answers/explanations i'm sure he has reasons for them."

you can both be my mushroom princesses if you guys stop clogging this thread with butthurt
:mindblown:

--------------------
"And on the last day, God purchased RogerRabbit's DVD set, and learned to grow mushrooms. And it was good."
-Shroomesis 4:20

:supershroom: :supershroom: :supershroom: :kingtard::supershroom: :supershroom: :supershroom:
                                  :poison: MushroomWizard420 :poison:
                                              :shroomin:

The spirit of the forest watches over his children as they grow...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures