Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Grateful Dead, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: shymanta]
    #5895784 - 07/24/06 11:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quantify a "nibble here and a nibble there."

--------------------
PsyPost - Psychedelic Research

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5896033 - 07/24/06 11:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I don't think the "reverse tolerance" is something biological, but rather psychological.

You learn to open your mind for Salvia, so that it doesn't have to smash the gates to come in.

yup, amen.

--------------------
music: myspace.com/soundscientists
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf.

No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleEndlessNameless
Stranger

Loc: Valley of the Sun
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: viedub]
    #5896116 - 07/25/06 12:14 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

viedub said:
Yeah.. I'm actually a little frustrated, I should be more then good with 20x and some fat rips, but alas nothing.. well not nothing, but no ego loss. I hold the smoke in for a long time, I really don't know what else to do. Perhaps if i bought a bong that would increase the effect ? I was only using a small pipe...

For what it's worth, the most effective method for consumption IMHO is a bong. When I used this substance it wasn't extract, just straight Salvia Divornium sold by the ounce at an underground psychedelic shop. After trying to smoke with with a standard glass pipe, and even regular bongs, I found the best method was to hit a bong because you were able to ingest the maximum possible (an entire bowl) in one hit, and then hold that in for as long as possible. Before the Shroomery's existence (before I knew it existed I should say) about 7 years ago I read about Salvia on Erowid. I came to the understanding the trick to Salvia is you must consume your dose in a limited window of opportunity at the beginning. After reading some more on this site, I am not so sure of this....

Others have mentioned chewing, which is the first I have heard but sounds very fulfilling. Wiccan seems to know the most about this given topic, I would follow his advice.

Edited by EndlessNameless (07/25/06 01:00 AM)

InvisibleEndlessNameless
Stranger

Loc: Valley of the Sun
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: Phishe]
    #5896176 - 07/25/06 12:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Phishe said:
Quote:

EndlessNameless said:
Quote:

Phishe said:
I think these entities are trying to take you to salvia land...

I'm not experienced with salvia, and from what i hear, breakthrough is mostly garbage.
Sounds like your tripping from salvia just a week trip. Try to smoke more?

He is smoking Salvia 20 x Extract, the amount he smokes is not a factor here. Don't comment unless you have some potentially helpful input

I was only trying to help. This is a community after all, and I'd like to think that everybody has a say. Don't try to make this into a communist forum.  :thumbdown:

You are right, I apologize. I was having a really rough day. I was just trying to make it clear to this guy the dosage in question is not the issue, not only is it very expensive, but it's a very large quantity he took within a matter of hours. Again, I'm sorry, no hard feelings?

Offlineviedub
Stranger
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: EndlessNameless]
    #5897404 - 07/25/06 10:21 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well just to update, I had a crazy 'breakthrough' trip last night. Much smaller dose mind you, one hit was more then enough. Little to no lighting is also key, but I felt the need to keep my eyes open (slightly). In fact i found myself squinting so I could still see a bit, yet letting the darkness take over and let my tripping mind run wild. In anycase, it is very much a mindstate drug, as this time was a full on hugely psychedelic experience.

Offlineyoke
Stranger
Male

Loc: USA
    #5900660 - 07/26/06 02:27 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I've gotten [too] intense open eyed hallucinations before. It doesn't seem uncommon at all, as long as you smoke it correctly.

I wouldn't say its uncommon.
I know my first experience with extract ( 5x ) was probably about a strong level 5 or weak level 6... because I remember entering this new reality and I remember leaving, but i can recall almost nothing in between. The effects were overwhelming, it was way too strong... just one hit out of a pipe held for about 20 seconds... I know my eyes were open when I entered and also when I came back to the real world, but while I was tripping I saw nothing in the real world. I was quite new to SaDi at the time.  Though I had a weak level 5 or a strong level 4 (OEV)my first dance with Sally (after smoking 3 1/2 bowls of leaf through a pipe with a bowl about 1 1/4in deep & 5/8in wide), I hadn't understood her my first time. I noticed that what my first experience with extract showed me was that I had to let go of who I am, to let go of this reality ( my ego, as some put it ), and I was also given a newer respect for Salvia.... Sorry for rambling but I thought maybe I could help someone here by making the point that It takes time, practice, willingness to learn, and IMHO you must learn to be able to let go of who you are and your true reality to accept the entrance into a new world and have a profound experience..... and much more which you will learn in time, provided you view it with the right mentality. Personally I think the key is to have the right attitude or The Shepherdess won't let you "breakthrough" her gate, and may chase you away from salvia.
:royalrainbow:

--------------------
:gd_icon:  :darkside:

Edited by yoke (07/26/06 09:38 PM)

Offlineyoke
Stranger
Male

Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: yoke]
    #5900861 - 07/26/06 03:35 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

This may make my point a bit clearer.
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

A big part of the Salvia experience is letting it happen. In my view this shouldn't be overcome by higher doses, but rather by increasing surrender.
The key is to make it unfold without prejudice and, again, closing your eyes.

And modest doses which usually with open eyes give little more than dizziness and laughter almost invariably are completely compelling if you close your eyes and open your mind.

I don't think the "reverse tolerance" is something biological, but rather psychological.

You learn to open your mind for Salvia, so that it doesn't have to smash the gates to come in.

This holds the promise that you'll need less salvia if you "learn" the mind state, and this is exactly my experience. I'm strongly opposed to towering doses, and much in favor to learning the mind state on modest doses. Intense open-eye visuals tend to only happen with doses that are very high. People who do not have a lot of experience with Salvia have no business taking very high doses. This all to often leads to traumatic experiences, and the TONS of negative experience reports.

Learn to swim in the shallow end of the pool and then gradually work towards the deep end.

I couldn't agree more.  :thumbup:
  (In fact for a while now, I've been practicing with nothing but leaf)

--------------------

OfflineTomcat23
Shoomery Noob
Male

Loc: Central Florida, Gulf Coa...
    #5901060 - 07/26/06 06:29 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

yoke said:

I noticed that what my first experience with extract showed me was that I had to let go of who I am, to let go of this reality ( my ego, as some put it )

...and IMHO you must learn to be able to let go of who you are and your true reality to accept the entrance into a new world and have a profound experience.....

I realize this everytime I smoke Salvia, something wants to take me somewhere but in order to go I have to leave everything behind.. I feel it everytime, I've even sensed (kind of like telepathy) someone telling me things such as "Look!", I heard that specificly 3 times the last time I packed up a bowl of plain leaf and killed it all in 4 hits, as I layed there I tryed letting it all go.. I tryed listening to the voices that popped into my head telling me to look, I knew what I had to do in order to see what it was trying to show me.. but I couldn't.

In my mind in order for me to see what it had to show me I had to leave this world completely, everything with it, my body was no problem, on the other hand, my ego was the big problem. I remeber that during this time period in my mind there was a war going on between the thought of Salvia taking me out of this world to another place, and me being in the same place on Earth, at the same time. Because I ultimately knew where I was going to end up, where I already was.. In my room, smoking Salvia.

Then my brain started to contradict the thought of Saliva even taking me anywhere at all, knowing that I was in my room, and the only reason I thought I could go anywhere in the first place was because I inhaled this herb. Knowing who I was, knowing what I was trying to accomplish, knowing that it was only a chemical reaction going on in my brain, how was I supposed to let myself go anywhere knowing that the destination isn't anywhere further than my own mind. And how could I leave this Earth when my mind is a physical part of it? I then felt that Salivia takes you no further than your own mind can already reach, and that it only acts as at catalyst towards certain thought patterns.. Like its a dream-state all made up within your own mind. (But hell, who's to say that this very world isn't?) Thoughts like this were all running through my mind during, and obviously afterwards, it seems like a big loophole and the thoughts just get even more detailed..I was pissed I was not able to see what it tryed to show me and I was trying to better understand how I could prepare myself more next time.

Its uncomprehendable... but so was acid, but at the same time acid also made complete sense.. Maybe I need to look further, maybe I need to up the dosage and start using extract.. I seem to not have much visualizations at all, if anything its very short, and hard to remeber like a dream.. Its also hard to keep my eyes completely closed too, I duno why but whenever I smoke Sally my eyes always squint, as I start to feel this pulsating feeling, its the usual comeup feeling for me, a certain something that reminds me where im going. My experiances may be described more like a delusion rather than anything I guess you could say... Any Salvia users have any good advice?

P.S. I used to have thoughts like this all the time before I even did any drugs, about life and how shit works and all that BS.. You know what im talking about.. I even forced myself to stop thinking like that, due to the fact that it was stupid to waste your time with your head in the clouds trying to figure out something you cant begin to understand along with everyone else that has tried for thousands of years. Im glad that I stopped all that chaotic in-depth thinking about life and such a long time ago, it doesnt get you much of anywhere but people who think your looney.. Im not really sure why it came back to me while I was smoking Salvia, but I seem to always get this type of anxiety-like spastic thought pattern whenever I do. Strange, just wish I'd get over it.

--------------------
Mescaline man, im in need!!!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: Tomcat23]
    #5901082 - 07/26/06 06:53 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

the only advice I can give in that regard is to let go and see what is happenning.
just look
this world becomes transformed as it is, to what it is.
rather than becoming transformed with willful plasticity as you think it.

it all happens quickly so you can't exactly fuss about.
sure it is plastic and flexive and can actually be steered, but if you let it go where it wants to go you will see the most radical things.

keep a pad and pen (that works) near by incase you are so astonished that you just must write a thing or two.
I find I can even write in the dark if i have to.

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: Tomcat23]
    #5901085 - 07/26/06 06:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hi Tom!

I can relate your text very closely. Feels just like I could have written it, except the acid part.

I have felt the exact feelings. Someone taking me somewhere and telling me its ok but at the same time being worried about leaving this world.

The second and last paragraphs are also familiar.

I think the next step is to up the dosage, or try the 'chewing leaves' method as I think there is more time to travel and experience. More time to get accustomed to the journey.

Meditation may also help you to keep out the unsatisfying feelings that you get from thinking about leaving this side.

OnlineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #5901295 - 07/26/06 09:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the PM!

Quote:

I had a crazy 'breakthrough' trip last night. Much smaller dose mind you, one hit was more then enough. Little to no lighting is also key

I hate to say I told you so but.. no wait, I don't hate it at all!
I'm GLAD that it WORKED FOR YOU to take much smaller doses in a more supportive setting.

You were afraid Salvia couldn't get you high, but now look at what it did.

Quote:

I felt the need to keep my eyes open

I'm glad you got it to work!
Now the voyage begins..

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlineyoke
Stranger
Male

Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: Asante]
    #5902736 - 07/26/06 09:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Tomcat23 & astraalialma.... It used to be the same for me, until i had a powerful experience on extract... the extract seemed to force me into the new reality and for some reason it helped me learn how to 'let go'... lately I've been using nothing but leaf, just practicing & learning... maybe I'll start using extract every now and again, but I'm not gonna touch any extract for a while.

..... Oh and remember that you just took a chemical substance and you'll be back to normal shortly. :smile:

--------------------

Edited by yoke (07/29/06 03:22 AM)

Offlineyoke
Stranger
Male

#5917772 - 07/31/06 07:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I had some great 3-4lvl trips(all leaf)last night while listening to Grateful Dead - American Beauty... very interesting, especially when I took a huge hit and listened to Attics Of My Life. I won't soon forget those trips.  :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Grateful Dead, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience