Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
Re: i was told you can die if you pick the wrong shrooms [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #5917160 - 07/30/06 11:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I've never seen cubes in the wild but I would believe it. I know they like muscaria and other fungi.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: i was told you can die if you pick the wrong shrooms [Re: bkstickies]
    #5917336 - 07/31/06 12:40 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you!  :lol:

As for the sheep getting high thing, I'm not totally convinced of the anecdote...  On MJ's site I read a bit about the alleged sheep tripping, here is some critical commentary. 
http://mushroomjohn.com/newssheepshrooms1.htm

"Well this is an interesting series of reports on the tale of sheep who alledgedly are consuming shrooms in Scotland and lying down in the middle of roads causing traffic snarls and jams.
I first became aware of this news story from a colleague in New Zealand, Dr. Karl L. R. Jansen. Three weeks later, my sister, who lives in Orlando, Florida sent me an extended version of the same story.
One year later, I received a copy of even a lenghtier version from the tabloid newspaper, The Weekly World News, sent to me by my friend Colin Wood in British Columbia, Canada."

" And now for the final news Item. One year after receiving those two news clippings,a friend, Colin Woods, whom I met at several mycomedia conferences, some at Breittenbush Hot Springs in Oregon, sent me the followup article based on the original two I posted above. This one from a tabloid known for distorting facts and picture images. One can see how these people have twisted a story to fit their readers mentality."

"Now I pose a few quetions. Mushrooms are not LSD? Why didn't the sheep get high before this year on the mushrooms which are always there? Now I pose a question: Why haven't they been high every fall since this article first appeared in print more than 11 years ago. There are also discrepancies in the names of the experts from the two articles concerning the North of Scotland Agriculture College. I hope to look up some more info on this news items from the London Times."

Can anyone conclusively support or abort this rumour?

--------------------

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
Re: i was told you can die if you pick the wrong shrooms [Re: CureCat]
    #5918761 - 07/31/06 02:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Can anyone conclusively support or abort this rumour?

Not until sheep learn to talk and could you imagine the things that the sheep in Montana would say? You know the motto... Where men are men and sheep are nervous. :smile:

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

OfflineBluntman4420
The Blunt king
Male User Gallery
Re: i was told you can die if you pick the wrong shrooms [Re: baycafe]
    #5919267 - 07/31/06 05:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Mayb its the dosage the sheep eats,say if it eats one or two nothing might happen.. but if it ate 30 who knows.. having eating them for such along time mayb they grew immun to low dosage.. Just throwing out ideas

Edited by Bluntman4420 (07/31/06 05:33 PM)

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: i was told you can die if you pick the wrong shrooms [Re: Bluntman4420]
    #5919471 - 07/31/06 06:39 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I bet if you ate 30 the sheep would answer your question them self's :wink:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: i was told you can die if you pick the wrong shrooms [Re: YESSUP]
    #5920023 - 07/31/06 09:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Actually the sheep do get high on shrooms as do cattle.

Sheep do eat shrooms on pastures everywhere where liberty caps are in that isle. In Scotland and England sheep fields are also common plasces to pick liberty caps. Only they keep he grass so short the libs only grow to the height of the grass. Just like P. stuntzii's do on lawns which are perpetually moved by landscappers in the PNW. If the grass is taller the shrooms grow taller. but usually never higher than the grass, at least the manured shrooms of four-legged ruminants.

The LSD story was a laugh.

In the 1979s in Washington, newspaper headlines read, Man Busted for LSD.

The story further went on to say that the man sold cans of frozen mushrooms to the feds for $24,000 dollars. Never had a followup to the story.

Some articles I had ran titles like, A risky fungus among us. Cops said they contained no psilocybine but if eaten with a cocktail they really gave one a bang.

The same story went ont o say a local college mycologist said the shrooms were psilocybine.

Other state law enforcement agencies said they tested pounds of confiscated shrooms and found no illegal substances in any of them.

Thats the PNW.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #5920049 - 07/31/06 09:33 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Cure Cat, there is a good book called Animals on Psychedelics You should buy it and read it. Since it is int he PNW I am sure a copy can be found in San Francisco.

many animals eat many different psychedleic plants. Squirrels in Greenlake park her ein Seattle every year trip out on Amanita muscaria and relatives. I have seen them frolicking where anmanitas grew with squirrel bnites int he shrooms. Slugs love them deers especially have been known to maul peopkle in Siberian if you take a pe after drinking amanita.It is said they can smell the urine up to hald a mile away.

I have seen cows with Copelandia cyanescens dangiling form their curding of the grass in their mouth with shrooms mixed in with their food.

mj

mj

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: i was told you can die if you pick the wrong shrooms [Re: YESSUP]
    #5921242 - 08/01/06 08:20 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

YESSUP said:
I bet if you ate 30 the sheep would answer your question them self's

:rofl:

Quote:

MJ said:
I have seen cows with Copelandia cyanescens dangiling form their curding of the grass in their mouth

I think I would laugh my ass off for a good long time if I ever saw that! Also, I would really love a picture of that, I'd save it as my desktop wall paper :cool:

Well, scientists do know threashold levels and dangerous levels from giving it to rats, so, something is happening.
It's an interesting topic.

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: i was told you can die if you pick the wrong shrooms [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #5921788 - 08/01/06 12:42 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

A few weeks ago I gave my friend 5 grams of cubes. After he ate them, he threw up in his backyard. An hour or two later he took his dog out (he forgot that he puked out there) and the dog ate the puke. I know my source isn't too reliable, but he claims the dog tripped balls and hasn't beent he same since.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: i was told you can die if you pick the wrong shrooms [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5921826 - 08/01/06 12:53 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That is a more feasible story than the "mushrooms growing out of puke" story. I'm sure (if he wasn't out right lying) your friends puke contained undigested mushroom sludge, which still comprised psilocybin.
He ate 5 grams?? That's a lot.

--------------------

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5921837 - 08/01/06 12:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, he was completely out of his mind, so I wouldn;t give the story too much credit. but funny nonetheless.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale