Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: Has Anyone Seen the Sacred Psychedelic Circles in the Sky? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #5935099 - 08/05/06 05:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i have witnessed exactly what you describe on one of my first LSD trips,  and it has stayed with me as one of the most significant visions i've ever had.

my partner and i were laying in a park looking at the sky. i noticed the mandalic patterns shifting and became completely fixated on them for some time; the more i focused the more images were becoming layered throughout the mandalas. all the images i saw were of gods, hindu looking elephants and lions, jesus, satan, buddha, etc and the first thing that came to mind was that i was looking at the 'human collective consciousness' databank, like all our collective information/experience was being stored in this aura around our planet, and i'd just tapped into it.

after a little while i managed to say something like "ah look at the sky changing!" to my partner who quickly replied "i know! it's a kaleidoscope of gods!" - this turned out to be the first shared-vision of many that we have experienced together. one of the most interesting parts of this is that my partner had never been remotely interested in religion and such prior to the experience. it's easy enough for me to say that those images could be a product of my subconscious mind as religion/spirituality are always thought about, but for my partner it was more or less the beginning of her spiritual path; she could not see how those things would be a part of her own subconscious make-up and so my collective explanation seemed to fit best.  let's just say the sky has never quite looked the same since :wink:

this is not the only time i've witnessed these patterns and other times it hasn't had the religious imagery woven in, but this was no doubt one of the most insightful experiences.

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Has Anyone Seen the Sacred Psychedelic Circles in the Sky? [Re: ajna]
    #5935130 - 08/05/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for your response!

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: Has Anyone Seen the Sacred Psychedelic Circles in the Sky? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5935764 - 08/05/06 11:39 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

thank you for brining this up! :P

here's a piece of art that i feel may be depicting such an experience also, the first one i ever came across that comes close anyway; Wonder, by the amazing Alex Grey.

:mushroom2: ajna

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Has Anyone Seen the Sacred Psychedelic Circles in the Sky? [Re: ajna]
    #5935811 - 08/05/06 11:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks ajna. I have two of Alex's books, and four of his lithos framed (two of which are signed) but I haven't seen 'Wonder' before! Yes, this too is an approximation.
I have been pushy on trips asking others if they see the patterns/gears/wheels/kaleidoscopes. I believe that one has to learn how to gaze in order to see them (Zena is "gazing"). My Lady, on her first 2-geltab acid trip on New Years Eve 99-00 began to see them, but developed a vertigo sensation and chose to go indoors  :frown: It is something that I clearly find important and want to share with my 'Soror Mystica' [Mystical Sister]. However, to connect on this level of archetypal images of the Self is a higher Union in significant ways than sexual Union - it is Union at a higher chakra - a visionary level. I can't merge sexually with others (in agreement with my Lady) but I have a need for intimate Union with others and it is acceptable at higher, visionary levels. I wish others could 'grok' this need of mine - it comes from the depth of my Heart Cave  :heart: Thank you very much for posting the pic. I am certain that we are of one Mind here.

Peace & Love,
MtG

AHA! Page 87 of Grey's Transfigurations! How did I forget, I've looked through the book numerous times? Thanks again.  :smile:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (08/06/06 10:49 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder