Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
Beginning of time, Or Beginning Of you??
    #590593 - 03/26/02 11:49 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

When everyone is born time starts for them. As we all of us here know everyones perception of time can be quite different. So when I was born and time started for me how do I know for sure that wasn't when time started. You might say "just talk to anyone who was born before you, look at anything that was made before you". I actually have no proof that It wasn't just all started when I was born. When somobody talks about a time before I was alive, they may actually beleive that that happened but if everything was created when i was born they were just created with those memmories. When I die what will happen? (Im not saying that heaven doesn't exist, it very possibly could, I dont have a clue, never being there and all but in this theory it does not) My brain will just shut off, nothingness. Time for me will have stopped. Since I am the one perceving time for myself will time also have stopped??, Just a tripped up thought, I am completey open for debait.

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTypingwords
Veteran Seasonal PNW Hunter
I'm a teapot

Loc: seattle-ish area, WA
Re: Beginning of time, Or Beginning Of you?? [Re: superfine]
    #590643 - 03/27/02 12:54 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

time was invented by man. It's an illusion. So yes, I agree with you. YOUr "illusion of time" started when you were born and will stop when you die, just like everyone else's.

--------------------
everything everyone everywhere.
forever and ever

Anonymous

#590999 - 03/27/02 12:16 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

So far, the best definition of time that I have found is "a measure of relative motion."
The way I understand it, time cannot be seperated from space, hence the references to "time
space continuum" or similar terminology in physics.

Our concept of time is really a perceptual tool used by our minds to give an understandable
structure to the world (my opinion). Have you noticed that as you get older, time seems to
go by faster? When we are one hour old, an hour is our entire lifetime, at the point we
have reached 1 year of age, an hour is only 1/8760 of our lifetime and so it decreases
for the rest of our lives. Based upon my concept of it, I would say yes, when you die time
will have stopped.

Edited by evolving (03/27/02 02:22 PM)

Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
Re: Beginning of time, Or Beginning Of you?? [Re: ]
    #591564 - 03/28/02 01:42 AM (22 years, 25 days ago)

What you say, "time cannot be seperated from space" I've never heard this before but it just helps prove my theory. If we never perceved time before birth it did not exist. If time is connected to space therefore nothing existed before we did.

ps. trippy shit with time going faster as you get older

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #591935 - 03/28/02 01:50 PM (22 years, 24 days ago)

....blind faith.....without it you are all there is......
So if you don't believe in faith but only your own experience then I must be a part of you that you are ignoring and I'm encouraging you to expand your thinking........
Maybe it's the same as the people older than you......they are just part of you looking to help you grow into your actual size.....
Then again.....maybe faith is the key to expanding beyond what you know as yourself into a vast universe of others.....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds