Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineninsega
Lucky Bastard
Interesting situation with a sponsor/vendor.
    #5857548 - 07/14/06 10:11 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I recently ordered an item from one of the vendors and sent a money order for the amount requested on their site. Today I received a note from the USPS stating that I owe "$479" for postage. It should be within reason to have the vendor cover this, correct? I wouldn't have minded paying it if the price had been disclosed, but I don't appreciate "backdoor" charges.

So far I sent the vendor an email, and I am choosing not to name them at this point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMezcal
Re: Interesting situation with a sponsor/vendor. [Re: ninsega]
    #5857562 - 07/14/06 10:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

WTF did you order?

Offlineninsega
Lucky Bastard
Re: Interesting situation with a sponsor/vendor. [Re: Mezcal]
    #5857572 - 07/14/06 10:34 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Just normal supplies. It says "$479" for postage, but I'm assuming that it's $4.79. If it truly is $479, then this is straight up a scam. The postage shown on the vendors site said it was $19.99 for shipping.

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #5857589 - 07/14/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

By your avatar I'm assuming that you're in the USA?

If not, they may be customs charges??

Contact the vendor. Shipping mistakes happen on the vendors end as well as the carriers end.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #5857735 - 07/14/06 11:43 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

$479 postage!!!
I'm definately raising my shipping costs...

Free Prints... just send $200 postage to....

:lol:

Offlinekilroy
Hightimes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Deep within my spirit Flag
Re: Interesting situation with a sponsor/vendor. [Re: Shdwstr]
    #5858245 - 07/14/06 02:27 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

LMAO Shdwstr

--------------------
IS NOT THE JOURNEY OF THE TRIP JUST AS IMPORTANT AS REACHING THE DESTINATION.

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
Re: Interesting situation with a sponsor/vendor. [Re: kilroy]
    #5859281 - 07/14/06 07:25 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

20 bucks for shipping? what did you order? a pallet of bricks?

If it was COD, and you actually bought 400 dollars worth of stuff, then maybe they didnt get your money order and just sent it out COD... but that is sorta funky.

--------------------

Offlineninsega
Lucky Bastard
Re: Interesting situation with a sponsor/vendor. [Re: liamtheloser]
    #5869277 - 07/17/06 01:08 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

liamtheloser said:
20 bucks for shipping? what did you order? a pallet of bricks?

Jars and such.

I went to the Post Office today. The package was sent as Media Mail and did not qualify for that. The bill was for $4.79.

The Vender has offered to send $5, and I am now awaiting that.

Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
    #5869372 - 07/17/06 01:38 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

media mail.
  :nono:

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: Interesting situation with a sponsor/vendor. [Re: monstermitch]
    #5869421 - 07/17/06 02:12 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

monstermitch said:

media mail.
  :nono:

no doubt!~

there is nothing I hate worse than paying $$$ and getting something in the mail by media mail!~

well maybe not getting my package...
I'd hate that worse!~

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlineninsega
Lucky Bastard
Re: Interesting situation with a sponsor/vendor. [Re: Roadkill]
    #5894866 - 07/24/06 04:35 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Seven days, haven't received the overdue postage yet.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #5898218 - 07/25/06 01:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Personally, I would like to know how the USPS determined that the package didn't qualify for media mail?

(actually, if you ordered jars of media, maybe it should!) J/K

Not trying to freak you out, but think about it. How do they know it's not a box of paperback books that would qualify?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlineninsega
Lucky Bastard
Re: Interesting situation with a sponsor/vendor. [Re: mycofile]
    #5901829 - 07/26/06 12:40 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Media Mail qualifies packages for inspection I think. Perhaps if the box weighs a lot, they take a look in the box and determine what's up.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

#5901849 - 07/26/06 12:50 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, but my point is this:
Quote:

Article published July 20, 2006

Mushroom kit results in arrests
Magic 'shrooms,' pot found at house

SUMMIT TWP — A seized mail-orderkit to grow psychedelic mushrooms ultimately led authorities to the home of a Summit Township man.
Inside the attractive two-story Portman Road house, investigators allegedly got eyefuls of even more contraband, including 5 pounds of marijuana, eight marijuana plants, OxyContin pills and fully grown, ready-to-eat magic mushrooms.
The Butler County Drug Task Force on Wednesday charged Bradley Calvin Weitzel, 48, his wife and their son with felony narcotics counts stemming from last month's search of the family's home that sits on 14 well-manicured acres.
The retired landscaper is no simple street dealer, Pat Cannon, a county detective who spearheads the Butler County Drug Task Force, said of the defendant.
"Based on the shear amount of weight (of drugs) we found on his property, I'd say he's a major distributor for our area,"Cannon said.
Weitzel is charged with manufacture of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, conspiracy, and possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
The defendant's wife, Mary Weitzel, 45, and son, Bradley Elton Weitzel, 19, face similar charges. The son lives with his parents.
The case, meanwhile, has raised other issues that could ultimately land in court, such as the legality of the initial search that uncovered the mushroom grow kit.
Whether the kit is legal also could be open to challenge, authorities admit.
The case came to light on June 22 when a DHLdelivery driver was given a large package to be delivered to Weitzel.
The driver was suspicious of the hand-written label and markings on the 25-pound package that stated "Deliver to Addressee Only." The parcel had come from Texas.
Instead of driving to Weitzel's house, the DHL driver went to the Butler police station.
When the driver opened the back of the truck, police Chief Tim Fennell, a 27-year veteran cop and a one-time supervisor of the drug task force, got a whiff of what he believed was marijuana.
"It was just a little blast," he said. "It turned out to be organic material (from the mushroom grow kit), but it smelled like marijuana."
The 2-foot-high package designated for Weitzel was taken to the courthouse where it was X-rayed. Authorities claim no search warrant was needed because the delivery company has the right to inspect any package it deems suspicious.
Cannon said he could make out what appeared to be vegetable material and large syringes in the box.
A sheriff's scent-detecting canine further raised suspicions of the package's contents.
"I've never seen a dog hit a box that hard." Cannon said. "That dog sure smelled something in there."
District Judge Clifford Woessner issued police the initial warrant that day, and the package was opened. The contents revealed a typical kit to grow so-called hallucinogenic mushrooms.
Included were six syringes filed with psilocybin mushroom spores, prepared soil in which to inject the spores, and rye berries used to kill the bitter taste of the mushrooms, according to documents.
Psilocybin mushrooms are ingested orally. They may be eaten raw, brewed as a tea or added to other foods. The so-called "shrooms" are known to yield mind-altering effects similar to those produced by LSD.
While magic mushrooms are illegal in Pennsylvania, there seems to be a loophole in the law that permits the sale of kits to grow them, authorities said.
"Mushroom spores themselves are not a controlled substance in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,"said Christopher Capozzi, a deputy state attorney general assigned to the Bureau of Narcotics Investigation office in Butler Township.
He said there is apparently no state law to allow the prosecution of sellers of grow kits.
Other states, such as California, Georgia and Idaho, have previously addressed the loophole and have made it illegal to ship magic mushroom spores.
Authorities in Pennsylvania apparently must wait for kit buyers to grow the mushrooms before they can charge them with possession of a controlled substance.
Still, kit buyers run the immediate risk of lesser charges.
"When you send psilocybin spores with injectors and soil to grow them,"Capozzi said, "I would take the position that that is drug paraphernalia, which in fact is a crime."
Police parlayed the discovery of the magic mushroom starter kit into another search warrant; this time for the Weitzel home.
"There was a lot of paraphernalia throughout the house,"Cannon said. "He wasn't hiding it from anyone.
Along with the drugs, police on June 23 seized two pistols, two rifles and two shotguns, $560 in currency and other items, including a "High Times"magazine.
Preliminary hearings for the defendants are 2:30 p.m. Aug. 22 before District Judge Lewis Stoughton of Chicora.
The Weitzels have an unlisted telephone number and could not be reached for comment.

I ain't trying to scare you, just sayin' that if it were me, I'd really like to know what was up.

Of course IMHO, the cops way overstepped their bounds and any decent attorney will have a field day with them, but if the powers that be opened such a package coming to my house, I would consider a major security breach and would clean house.

I guess it depends somewhat on what EXACTLY was in the package, and if there would be any reason to assume it would be used for cultivation. I mean was it just jars, or was it other things too?

BTW, you don't really need to answer, I'm just raising questions that you should ask yourself, if you haven't already....

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineMustNotBe
HPPDer
Male User Gallery

#5903031 - 07/26/06 08:51 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

ha, interesting story... If only he didnt order the spores and the growing media from the same place he most likely would have been fine.

--------------------
Junkies United we stand , Devided we're sick as fuck.
-                  -                -
"Hallucinations are something heroin users are not at all accustomed to," said Const. Conor King, Victoria police drug expert. "They react like you or I would react if we took Aspirin and all of a sudden the TV got up and started walking across the room."
-                  -                -
Make drugs legal, or alcohol and tobacco illegal. Either way it's more fair.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Re: Interesting situation with a sponsor/vendor. [Re: MustNotBe]
    #5904919 - 07/27/06 10:44 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Well, there's lots of if only's that would have kept that dude out of trouble. If the dog hadn't hit, if the judge had some sense, if the cops hadn't made an incredible leap to classify the package as paraphenalia, if if if. I think that it really boils down to the cops getting suspicious, and they were going to raid them and let the courts settle it later.

I'm just trying to point out to ninsega that something similar could happen to him. Particularly if my understanding is correct and they haven't even delivered the package yet pending payment. If that is the case, I'd have a clean house when I accepted delivery, or I wouldn't accept delivery at all. I might even go so far as to return that package to the sender, and have the order shipped to me properly, as it should have been the first time. If it were me, probably even to a different address assuming the first address wasn't a safe house to begin with.
Freedom is precious and can never be guarded too carefully...

I for one would like to know the vendor, PM me if you don't want to disclose it publicly.

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #5918963 - 07/31/06 03:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

"Rye berries to kill the bitter taste"...fucktards don't even know what they're talking about.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag