Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejason890
Loc: alaska
problems with green mold on casings
    #575417 - 03/10/02 11:35 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

hi ive been doing this awhile and never had a problem till i moved,now i have lost casing after casing to the stuff,the first casings i thought were maybe just to wet ,although i had made them the same way i have for monthes,so i made the second batch since ive been here alot drier,but still lost 3 out of 12 casings so far,any ideas why this could happing or wht i could do to prevent it,maybe air purifier or somthing???
thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: problems with green mold on casings [Re: jason890]
    #579197 - 03/14/02 10:25 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

If you didnt have a problem with green before then I would say a good sterilizing of the area you are growing in is in order.

You also have to remember that once you have had the green the chances of getting it are much higher because you just managed to produce a big batch of green mold spores in your grow space.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: problems with green mold on casings [Re: jason890]
    #579517 - 03/15/02 09:20 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

If you have moved, you might need to really clean the new place you are living. Change out the furnace filters, steam the carpets, wipe down the walls in your new grow room, soak all of your stuff in a bleach solution, put up a new shower curtain, vacuum all the curtains, lysol the hell out of everything, clean the house air vents, run a hepa filter in your grow room, etc...

If you are using the oven tek (which I personally believe leads one to failure) make sure the oven is clean and that the kitchen floor, lower cabinets, and under your fridge are all very clean.

If you aren't using latex gloves, you might consider starting. If you are the experimental type, you can take some cultures from different areas of your new house and incubate them for a day or two (not in your grow room or shroom incubator!) and see which parts of you house are the most dirty.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: problems with green mold on casings [Re: Seuss]
    #580855 - 03/16/02 08:19 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

so your one of many who dont think the oven tek is worthy, but how are you gonna say it leads to failure?

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Invisiblemrdasani
enthusiast
    #584986 - 03/21/02 05:17 AM (22 years, 13 days ago)

Seems like an aweful lot of cleaning, why not look into out door environment?

--------------------
"Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!" - Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here 1975)

"Never underestimate the power of denial." -from American Beauty.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: problems with green mold on casings [Re: pleezr]
    #585059 - 03/21/02 08:26 AM (22 years, 13 days ago)

> so your one of many who dont think the oven tek is worthy, but how are you gonna say it leads to failure?

I only claim that it isn't worthy for me and leads to failure for me. I had no end to contamination problems until I stopped using the oven tek and switched to a glove box. Using the oven, I seldom lost pf-tek jars from spore solution, but I would lose 4 out of 5 petri dishes to contamination and I lost every single spawn bag I ever tried with an agar wedge transfer. Since I switched to the glove box I have not lost a single petri dish or a single spawn bag. I have lost a few casings, but that is a different thread.

If somebody is using the oven tek and are not having problems, I would never suggest they change. If somebody is using the oven tek and is having contamination problems, perhaps they should look into a flow hood or glove box instead. The switch ended my problems immediately.

I have since gone back and have done a single petri dish with the oven. It contaminated. I just wanted to verify that for me the oven was the problem and not something else that I changed without realizing it.

--------------------

Offlinedjillicit
Stranger
    #589941 - 03/26/02 12:12 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

I am having the same problem. This might sound dumb but what is a glove box? I put the jars in my closet... perhaps this is bad ?

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: problems with green mold on casings [Re: djillicit]
    #590037 - 03/26/02 01:37 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

A glove box is a box with a window so you can see into it and a pair of gloves that reach inside the box, but are attached from the outside. Most of the professional ones have a hepa filter (or better) attached as well.

You can make one with some plastic wrap, a cardboard box, kitchen gloves, and a bit of strong tape.

--------------------

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
Loc: kentucky
    #591829 - 03/28/02 11:24 AM (22 years, 5 days ago)

One thing I have always wondered about glove boxes is this. Obviously when you put objects into the box, such as, jars, syringes, etc. Do you also have some cotton and alcohol in there to sterilize everything once the box is re-closed?

Get my Drift?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures