Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Stonehenge Awnsers
    #589655 - 03/26/02 03:04 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

I saw a picture of stonehenge on television, and I thought about when it was built, and how, because everyone says they don't know. But there were probraly secret mammoths that they had trained then. What do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
Re: Stonehenge Awnsers [Re: nugsarenice]
    #589789 - 03/26/02 08:33 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

i think they dug holes in the ground, put the rocks in the holes, then laid rocks on top.
over thousands of years, the soil eroded away leaving the ?? s standing

and they moved the giant stones to the holes with help from the aliens

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
    #589810 - 03/26/02 09:14 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

Maybe THEY didnt even know .

:smile:

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Stonehenge Awnsers [Re: Food]
    #589907 - 03/26/02 11:34 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

How did they get the rocks to the ground? , place? Even that way they probraly had wooly mammoths to help.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #589986 - 03/26/02 12:47 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

Secret mammoths ? Nah! Did king kong build the pyramides ?
Anyway, with mammoth or no mammoth they would need enough strenght to move those rocks, slaves perhaps ?
1 mammoth, 50 slaves, whats the difference ? .... wonder if they had a paycheq though.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Stonehenge Awnsers [Re: MAIA]
    #590002 - 03/26/02 01:04 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

I was;nt talking about the pyrimids, that is whole different discussion, that maybe one day I can discuss with knowledge, but as far as stonehenge dates, and the species of wooly mammoth being living in that area, makes you think that they used them. Indians have long trained elephants to help, why would wooly mammoths be different, or untrainable? Why would you need 50 slaves? You might need 3 mammoths, and a couple smart mammoth trainers to accomplish this task, maybe more work because the rocks had to be fashioned into building stones, but all in all, it seems like an easy project with the help from wooly mammoths. Paycheqs? About this period, in this area, I would guess that most trade was based on bartering, not a universal currency, so who would pay these people? The people who built it probraly only wanted a good temple to worship their gods...

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #590130 - 03/26/02 03:15 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

From what i've read the big stones weigh about 50 tons each, and they were carried 20 miles up steep hills. It would take at least 600 men per stone. Maybe 30 or so wooly mammoths but I'm not sure. To me it makes sense that they had some advanced technology that could pull this off.

--------------------

OfflineRedHarvest
Stranger
Re: Stonehenge Awnsers [Re: Revelation]
    #591013 - 03/27/02 12:34 PM (22 years, 25 days ago)

"To me it makes sense that they had some advanced technology that could pull this off. "

Or just really big balls.

--------------------
"My definition of a free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." -- Adlai E. Stevenson

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #591632 - 03/28/02 06:09 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

You now your theory is the best I have ever heard, and it makes some sense, better than the alien crap.
The only thing were there any mammoths in the isles?

--------------------

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Stonehenge Awnsers [Re: LOBO]
    #591776 - 03/28/02 10:05 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

The wooly mammoth probably originated in north-central Eurasia, spreading westward to England and Spain and eastward via the Bering Isthumus to the tundra-like regions of North America from Alaska to the Atlantic Coastal Shelf.
http://www.ireseau.com/usagers/marcelg/mammo_an.htm, that point was made with research of every found mammoth skeleten/frozen remain.

Most scientists all disagree as to when it died though, guesses range from 10,000 years to 150,000 years, so I guess the scientists are just full of shit when they say they can carbon date bones.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #591882 - 03/28/02 12:43 PM (22 years, 24 days ago)

One website: http://www.britannia.com/history/h7.html

although there are tons of different speculated dates of construction, most aren't much before 2000-3000 BC. not 20000 during the times of wooly mammoths... and plus, I doubt they were domesticated by man to be able to use them for construction. but who knows for sure.

"The stones used in that first circle are believed to be from the Prescelly Mountains, located roughly 240 miles away, at the southwestern tip of Wales. The bluestones weigh up to 4 tons each and about 80 stones were used, in all. Given the distance they had to travel, this presented quite a transportation problem.

Modern theories speculate that the stones were dragged by roller and sledge from the inland mountains to the headwaters of Milford Haven. There they were loaded onto rafts, barges or boats and sailed along the south coast of Wales, then up the Rivers Avon and Frome to a point near present-day Frome in Somerset. From this point, so the theory goes, the stones were hauled overland, again, to a place near Warminster in Wiltshire, approximately 6 miles away. From there, it's back into the pool for a slow float down the River Wylye to Salisbury, then up the Salisbury Avon to West Amesbury, leaving only a short 2 mile drag from West Amesbury to the Stonehenge site."

And about the big ass stones: "The giant sarsen stones (which form the outer circle), weigh as much as 50 tons each...Most of the way, the going is relatively easy, but at the steepest part of the route, at Redhorn Hill, modern work studies estimate that at least 600 men would have been needed just to get each stone past this obstacle."

most research I've seen states that it was built in three seperate stages, and abandoned at least twice during its construction. It is easy to make a theory to attribute seemingly impossible construction tasks (like the Pyramids of Egypt, the Nazca Lines, and Stonehenge) to extraterrestrial doings. It's like A) thousands of men for a hundred years working on this with amazing technological and scientific elements uncommon to the era, or B) aliens. but hey, it could happen. The way I see it, they're both just as likely. why the hell not?
_ry_

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Anonymous

#592103 - 03/28/02 05:18 PM (22 years, 24 days ago)

The Reptiles built stonehenge for sacraficial purposes for certain times of the year when the Earth was in alignment with certain parts of the Solar System. The Druids stumbled onto it a few thousand years later.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Stonehenge Awnsers [Re: ]
    #592319 - 03/28/02 09:43 PM (22 years, 24 days ago)

ah that's what we needed, an answer from Shroomism. thanks, i know that much of the crap(aka "truth") i read is.. well crap(aka "bullshit")

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Jump to top Pages: 1