Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
im prettty sure that this reality... isnt real
    #5897902 - 07/25/06 11:35 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

for some time i have been pondering if this reality that we all share is actually the static reality, or a subreality that we on the true "static reality" have created for ourselves for some reason.

but i must admit that there is somthing terrribly troubbling about this world that i just dont see as "real"

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: im prettty sure that this reality... isnt real [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5897914 - 07/25/06 11:38 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Lay off the hallucinogens.

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5897917 - 07/25/06 11:40 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah we're on an outdated reel,

what is it, thats not real,

although if you live Pongyang then I could understand

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: im prettty sure that this reality... isnt real [Re: capliberty]
    #5897919 - 07/25/06 11:41 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You need to lay off that young male ass,

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

#5897926 - 07/25/06 11:44 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

This is a dream world, basically.  It is here only for the purpose of realizing God/self.  So don't waste it accumulating things :smile:  Live it.

OfflineFractalated
There's no onehome up there...

#5897928 - 07/25/06 11:44 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

This reality can be likened to a dream, in that everything is a dependently arisen mere appearance.

Emptiness is form, and form is emptiness.

There is, however, no independent static reality outside of the world of form, here.

--------------------
"Now that the principalities and the powers stockpile weapons of mass destruction, contaminate the earth with their feverish industry, release floods of images to trigger insatiable desires, treat animals and humans as commodities and functions of a market, the devil must be grinning from ear to ear."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #5897953 - 07/25/06 11:51 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

It's as real or unreal as you choose to experience it, in my opinion.  They exist together. 

In truth, I believe that everything around me is an illusion.  A "simulation."  A meshing of energies.  But as a human being, I am totally "there" in the illusion.  I am totally "in" the energy.  A part of me suspects I am the energy I see around me.  It's still an illusion, or maybe "projection" is a better word, a physical creation manifested from an infinity of energy.  I may as well love and live it since I'm here.  :mushroom2:

OfflineFractalated
There's no onehome up there...

Re: im prettty sure that this reality... isnt real [Re: MOTH]
    #5897968 - 07/25/06 11:55 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I may as well love and live it since I'm here.

Nicely said.

--------------------
"Now that the principalities and the powers stockpile weapons of mass destruction, contaminate the earth with their feverish industry, release floods of images to trigger insatiable desires, treat animals and humans as commodities and functions of a market, the devil must be grinning from ear to ear."

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5898059 - 07/25/06 12:27 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I felt that way when I consumed drugs often. I think the intake of powerful mind altering substances has a side effect of being dissociative. You start to feel detached from reality, and over time reality starts to feel a lot less...real.

OfflineMXNR
Did the Mushroom choose you?
Male

Loc: MARS
Re: im prettty sure that this reality... isnt real [Re: spud]
    #5898081 - 07/25/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Do you become disassociated from reality? Or do you begin to see behind the curtain a bit?

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration - that we are all One Consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively. There’s no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we’re the imagination of ourselves."

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and around and around and it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud. And it's fun - for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question; is this real? Or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, and they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because... this is just a ride."

-Bill Hicks, he saw beyond the veil too

--------------------
Master: Everyday change your clothes and eat your food and you will become enlightened.

Pupil: Master, I do not understand...

Master: If you don't understand, eat your food and change your clothes.

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: im prettty sure that this reality... isnt real [Re: MXNR]
    #5898101 - 07/25/06 12:41 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Psychedelic induced thought can be very incoherent and delusional at times, but there is something to be extracted from such thought. Using rational, you can extract some worthy thought.

Also, LSD is far more coherent of a drug than mushrooms, IMO.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5898135 - 07/25/06 12:54 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
for some time i have been pondering if this reality that we all share is actually the static reality, or a subreality that we on the true "static reality" have created for ourselves for some reason.

but i must admit that there is somthing terrribly troubbling about this world that i just dont see as "real"

What is a static reality?

I would like to hear what you got on this, feel free to ramble! :wink::thumbup:

OfflineMXNR
Did the Mushroom choose you?
Male

Loc: MARS
Re: im prettty sure that this reality... isnt real [Re: spud]
    #5898144 - 07/25/06 12:57 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

My personal feeling is that this reality is a kind of dream that we are all having. In reality, we are all part of an omniscient consciousness which has decided that it wishes to truly experience limitation (because by default it is everything and hence, unlimited). Anyway, this reality is that experiment in limitation.

The Buddhists say that life is suffering and that desire or longing is the source of that suffering. Well, what is the source of the longing? We suffer because we need things, because we are separated or isolated from things that we need to continue to live. We are truly limited beings. If you don't believe me, try going without water for a week!

So, this life is a very powerful illusion created so that we (the ultimate, all knowing, infinite, consciousness) can experience limit, loss, pain, isolation, etc.

--------------------
Master: Everyday change your clothes and eat your food and you will become enlightened.

Pupil: Master, I do not understand...

Master: If you don't understand, eat your food and change your clothes.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: im prettty sure that this reality... isnt real [Re: MXNR]
    #5898198 - 07/25/06 01:15 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MXNR said:

The Buddhists say that life is suffering and that desire or longing is the source of that suffering. Well, what is the source of the longing? We suffer because we need things, because we are separated or isolated from things that we need to continue to live. We are truly limited beings. If you don't believe me, try going without water for a week!

no, we don't need a lexus, and when we get a lexus we don't need a cadillac.

we need water though. that's what the Buddhists are talking about. cut yourself off from what you don't need, and don't confuse yourself into wanting what you don't need.

i just watched a documentary called status anxiety..... this bohemian fellow said that whether you have access to chocolates or not, you are still accessing them by being without.

it made a ton of sense. there are so many things you are without. cut the chocolate out and you are like "oh no i'm without chocolate!!!" but why are you buying it? What are you without that is making you try to climb the corporate ladder? Oh no I'm without a cellphone! Well wait, we all were 20 years ago.......

all you need is what you need.

and believe me you can feel the world isn't real without using hallucinagens.

to interact with the game once is to interact with it forever, as when you grow bored it gets infinitely more and more complex in order to sustain your reliance upon it. it feeds off of you. this is the idea of the matrix.

if you buy a cellphone. it will be so so so so so obsolete one day that you will get another.

if you watch tv, you will always watch tv, there will always be new shows on to keep you hooked. if you follow fashions, you will always be ugly, and your self esteem will always be in the minds of other deluded people.

and it gets more and more complex to extricate yourself because of the unique biases that each level of progressive submersion gives you.... oh no i can't imagine not having a camera on my phone! oh no, i can't imagine not having my phone! oh no no no i couldn't ever be a nudist!

etc......

but the Buddhists just say, MIDDLE PATH...... go along with the flow but don't take it as real for one second, and work tirelessly on extrication of your mind.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (07/25/06 01:21 PM)

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #5898219 - 07/25/06 01:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

hehehe...I feel you brother

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #5898238 - 07/25/06 01:31 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:

I have that thought almost daily...have you ever seen the movie "The 13th Floor"?? It gave me the creeps. Way more than The Matrix did (though it did, too).

Quote:

It just doesn't feel right, does it? Like there's something you're missing, just out of reach? I could say a million things about this feeling...but why bother? The Wachowski brothers already said it best:

"I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."

That damned splinter has been driving me mad the whole time I've been stuck in this "reality".

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: im prettty sure that this reality... isnt real [Re: trendal]
    #5898708 - 07/25/06 04:01 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

for those that say lay off the halucinegens, i have for 2 years now....

perhaps they are what i need ?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5898727 - 07/25/06 04:09 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

This fake reality is known in gnosticism as the demiurgos, or demiurge. Gnostic mythology personifies the Demiurge as an egotistical false god who is ignorant of the true, transcendent god from which he came. Now, this personification is not meant to be taken literally. Basically, what the demiurge is is the ignorance of our true, eternal nature as spirit, and our mistaken identification with the physical world. That is why gnostics believe that Christ came to earth to save mankind, not from sin, but from this cosmic ignorance, by teaching the path to gnosis, or secret knowledge.

--------------------

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: im prettty sure that this reality... isnt real [Re: Silversoul]
    #5898996 - 07/25/06 05:54 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

See reality as it is, as it presents itself, and don't make it anymore than what it is,

well then the response would be is that we dictate the moment of reality in which it presents itself, meaning we continously create and influence our own reality

don't add anymore to it then what you truly understand of it from your own personal experience, because if you do try to add more, but yet you don't understand it fully then your feeding dillusion to that reality

but many people include blind faith within their reality and then make claims as being the truth, then you have to ask yourself how do I know it being the truth? do I have unbiased observation towards this particular view, you have to ask yourself is such faith going to be fully benfical towards your reality?

do I need to grasp that faith to gain clarity or understanding of my reality? or do I want to complicate my personality because I have inner desire to manifest a more desireable reality? is this manifestaton a true depiction of reality as you truly see it? of course in your own perception, but is you own manifestion of reality a true understanding of self, sense self is the one precieving reality?
reflection is key in understanding self?

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5899018 - 07/25/06 06:02 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

These are the times I wish Skorpivo was still around.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract