Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineROH
Stranger
Salvia Help
    #5896361 - 07/24/06 11:14 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

-I've tripped off of mushrooms once before and am now looking into trying salvia for the first time but Im really confused with salvia so Im asking for some help...I know salvia is a leaf and thats about it. Do you actually smoke the broken up leaf? How much salvia do a need for 2-3 people to experiece the high and how much does that amound usually cost..Thanks for any help....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMerkabaster
Stranger
Re: Salvia Help [Re: ROH]
    #5896439 - 07/24/06 11:47 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Hey man, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. I've studied Salvia extensively and use it somewhat regularly for meditation/spiritual purposes. Send me a message on AIM, my SN is Existentia462, and we can talk about it.

To quickly answer the questions asked, though...yes, you smoke the leaf, or chew the leaf, which is the traditional way that the Mazatecs used Salvia. You can also purchase a tincture or leaf extract, which is #x stronger than normal dried leaf. I can't answer the next question because each individual has a different sensitivity. I'll explain all this and more if you IM me, I'm just in a hurry right now.

But, Salvia does not get you high. It's not fun nor recreational and I strongly, strongly, STRONGLY recommend against using it for those purposes. If you're looking for fun or a high, go elsewhere. If you're looking to seek, learn and discover, then by all means, use Salvia. It's wonderful, incredible. But use it reasonably and responsibly. DO NOT USE IT WITHOUT STUDYING IT EXTENSIVELY! Or IM me and I'll be happy to talk with you about it.

Peace,
Tim

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
Re: Salvia Help [Re: Merkabaster]
    #5896920 - 07/25/06 02:13 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Wonderful advice!

+5

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Offlineviedub
Stranger
Re: Salvia Help [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5897631 - 07/25/06 10:01 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with all the above, and while having only but the utmost respect for salvia, all of my trips have been some crazy fun times. Maybe that's just me though

Offlineavapxia
Stranger
Male

Re: Salvia Help [Re: viedub]
    #5897678 - 07/25/06 10:25 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, it really depends on what you are looking for.  I roll Salvia joints and smoke those while meditating.  It is a great aid in that respect, but you certainly don't trip from it.  You can also smoke a lot of leaf in a short amount of time (preferably out of a bong, so the hits are big) to get a much more psychedelic/alien feel from it.  Beyond that, there are extracts which you probably shouldn't use until you have checked out the leaves!  :smile:

I also love talking about Salvia with people - you can AIM me at MLNSTLG or MSN me at meliorative at hotmail.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia Help [Re: avapxia]
    #5897714 - 07/25/06 10:38 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

from my understanding, a joint or blunt of salvia will not work, because the cherry does not burn hot enough to activate the chemical, salvorin-A.

your best bet is to start off with some extract (5x-10x will do), a bong, and a torch-lighter (although I am a little too accident prone to use them myself.. lots of burnt flesh...)

expect to pay around $20-$30 per gram in most cases, and 1 gram should be more than enough to share with 10-15 people, although a "party" atmosphere is certainly not the best scenario.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
Re: Salvia Help [Re: kotik]
    #5897800 - 07/25/06 11:10 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

A torch lighter is not needed.

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Offlineorpheus
I.A.O.
Male User Gallery

Loc: The 23rd Aethyr
Re: Salvia Help [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5928870 - 08/03/06 03:10 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You should do plenty of reading before doing it and be extremely cautious.

I have done Salvia several times. I strongly suggest 40mg or 60mg extracts; one hit is all you need, preferably through a water pipe. In fact you will not be able to take more then one hit because when you depart your body you are expected to drop the pipe on the floor. I also do not believe all the people who say different people are different, if you do the right amount the correct way then there is no reason not to “breakthrough”. I say this because I have loaded 40mg extract into one bowl several, several times and handed it to over 15 people and every time the person has dropped the pipe within 60 seconds of them taking the hit. (Everyone’s experience is unique but I would like to meet the guy who is immune to the bowl for which I pack)

[By the way I am speaking about “breaking through” if you wish to just get a nice meditative feeling you should do either a very small amount of the extract or just use the regular leafs.]

If you breakthrough which you will when doing a potent extract it will be as if you live an entire life span all in the course of 1 or 2 minutes. The tremendously Psychedelic experience will last no more then 15 minutes with the first 1-3 minutes being so intense you will not even realize who or what you are. I would always set aside one hour for this experience even though the total effects are usually gone within 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes you are usually left with an extra 15 minutes of small to minor body buzz type of feelings yet are mentally clear. I would also like to mention, out of the 15 people who I have administered it to, none of them have reported any adverse effects afterwards except for being irritable. In fact everyone said it was as if they had not done anything at all. The only thing they all claimed afterwards was they were irritable and in awe of what they had experienced. They all also thought about the experience heavily within the next few days which I tend to think is because the mind is trying to process what happened to it. It is like an acid trip but in fast forward. However, a salvia experience really can not be put into words or compared to anything as it is unexplainable and please do not fool yourself into thinking that you are ready for it because nothing can prepare you for the experience it is just more intense then you can imagine. It is kind of like the first few passages of the Tao Te Ching:

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.
The name that can be named is not the eternal Name.

In a crude way you could easily say:

The Salvia bitch slap that can be told is not the eternal bitch slap.

With that said, take what everyone says with a grain of salt and please educate yourself before you do it.
One of the best sites online about Salvia is www.sagewisdom.org

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.

OfflineShroomScape
Sexplorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation
Re: Salvia Help [Re: orpheus]
    #5929026 - 08/03/06 04:10 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:  :thumbup: Excellent post from Orpheus. Like he said, do a simple search yourself. Nothing will really prepare you for it. Respect salvia and use a water bong, torch not necesssary. my own 2 cents.

Offlineorpheus
I.A.O.
Male User Gallery

Loc: The 23rd Aethyr
Re: Salvia Help [Re: ShroomScape]
    #5933978 - 08/05/06 09:07 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks man and your right there is no need for a torch.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals