Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleantimatt3r
umumz
Female
Loc: the earf
contam question
    #5897650 - 07/25/06 10:10 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

hey everyone ive got a jar thats about 90% colonized, should be finishing up in a few days.... the problem is theres a very small spot of black/blue mold near the top of the jar... it is not spreading and the mycelium i still colonizing... now the question.. what do i do? will the now strong mycelium network take over and fight off the mold? should i cut it off once i birth it? should i try to scoop it out now? thanks for the help!

--------------------
Everything and anything said by this person or thru this account is completely fictional and/or hypothetical fantasy and should not be taken seriously and do not reflect the views or actions of the account holder.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: contam question [Re: antimatt3r]
    #5897664 - 07/25/06 10:17 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

there are black molds are potentially dangerous to your health. greens/cobweb and such, not really dangerous, but black, i'd be very cautious with. i'd very carefully throw it out, either throwing the whole jar out, or at least sterilizing the whole thing before emptying it out, and even then cover your face so as not to inhale any spores.

just because you can only see a little near the top now doesn't mean the whole top of your cake you can't see isn't covered in it, or sections inside the cake. there's something wrong if you got mold on your cake at all, and even hypothetically speaking you salvage it, why bother fruiting something that has something wrong with it? it may pose a risk to you, and contams pose a risk to future grows... this sounds like one for the garbage can tek.

OfflineCubenisseur
Mad Props
Male

Loc: Indian Land
Re: contam question [Re: creamcorn]
    #5897666 - 07/25/06 10:19 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Sure it's not a bruise? How dark is it? Pics?

Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

Re: contam question [Re: Cubenisseur]
    #5897702 - 07/25/06 10:36 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cubenisseur said:
Sure it's not a bruise? How dark is it? Pics?

did you shake it?

maybe it bruised when you shook it?

OfflineYamidude
Stranger

Re: contam question [Re: tonyperez420]
    #5897757 - 07/25/06 10:58 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

doesn't this belong in the contam forum?

Invisibleantimatt3r
umumz
Female
Re: contam question [Re: Yamidude]
    #5899519 - 07/25/06 08:16 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

umm im pretty sure its black mold, it is near the top, and yes i did shake it but its black... i took the lid off and used the lid to fan inside the jar when it stalled to get some air exchange so this is prolly when the contam got in it..... would it be safe to cut off this part once its done colonizing?

--------------------
Everything and anything said by this person or thru this account is completely fictional and/or hypothetical fantasy and should not be taken seriously and do not reflect the views or actions of the account holder.

OfflineCaptainHeadbang
Metal God
Male

Loc: Planet Caravan
    #5901777 - 07/26/06 12:11 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

creamcorn said:

just because you can only see a little near the top now doesn't mean the whole top of your cake you can't see isn't covered in it, or sections inside the cake. there's something wrong if you got mold on your cake at all, and even hypothetically speaking you salvage it, why bother fruiting something that has something wrong with it? it may pose a risk to you, and contams pose a risk to future grows... this sounds like one for the garbage can tek.

did you not read what creamcorn said?

--------------------
I Bang My Head Because The Gods Command It!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: contam question [Re: CaptainHeadbang]
    #5903175 - 07/26/06 09:29 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You want to toss it out. The contamination will ruin the whole thing. If you open it, you'll spread the black pin mold spores everywhere by the trillions, then you will be screwed on your future experiments. Toss it out jar and all. If you really want to save the dollar the jar cost, boil it for an hour before opening.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibleantimatt3r
umumz
Female
Re: contam question [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5906761 - 07/27/06 08:28 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i opened it and cut off about half the cake till there was no more black left, (which was a minute amount) and put it into my terrarium... we'll see what happens! p.s. it didnt quite look like black PIN mold, just a 'darkish blackish' spot.

--------------------

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5908279 - 07/28/06 08:10 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You didn't get it all. The mold mycelium is white, the black you got rid of was just spores.

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5909005 - 07/28/06 01:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

antimatt3r said:
i opened it and cut off about half the cake till there was no more black left, (which was a minute amount) and put it into my terrarium... we'll see what happens! p.s. it didnt quite look like black PIN mold, just a 'darkish blackish' spot.

I can tell you what will happen. It will likely come back. The cake will likely not fruit. It will likely puke quite literally millions of spores in your growing area, and may pop up quite frequently in the future thanks to that.

Is all that worth saving a HALF of a half pint cake?

Why ask for advice if you're going to ignore it?

Invisibleantimatt3r
umumz
Female
    #5914808 - 07/30/06 12:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yeah your right i looked about 2 days after and it was creeping some more.... so out into the lawn it goes!.... aw well, lesson learned

--------------------

Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
    #5914831 - 07/30/06 12:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

you'll get the rest of the lesson when your future grows fail as well.

exposing any sort of mold inside the house is SUPER BAD NEWS.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder