Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Perlite, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekroll
Stranger
Spawn Cake Question
    #5897046 - 07/25/06 05:24 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hi

I finally ordered a rye cake of cubensis hawaii, not wanting to go for the whole spore thing myself already and everything seemed to be working just fine. In a moment of pure ignorance however I thought it might be smart to get the cake out of its box. It is still looking good, new mycelium growing through the case and at the sides but Im still worried that I ruined everything with an overeager decision ... and it wouldnt be the first time.
Since I couldnt get any perlite yet I am using a supersonic atomizer to humidify the air every now and then and I don't know if the condensating water on the floor will be too much moisture for the cake. Im fearing it might fall apart.
Should I just leave it like that and try my luck or should I dare moving the whole cake once more and put it in another aluminium box?

Thanks!

Kroll

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawn Cake Question [Re: kroll]
    #5897059 - 07/25/06 05:35 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not sure what kind of setup you're using, but you can't have the cake sitting in water. If it is, put something underneath to raise it up so that it doesn't get waterlogged.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Perlite, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation