Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCleft_Asunder
Stranger
Effects: Crawling, tingling, itching on scalp?
    #5892659 - 07/23/06 10:29 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I did 5 grams of shrooms a while ago with a friend. Ever since that time I've been experiencing what feels like a tingling/crawling sensation on the top of my scalp, especially obvious when I go to sleep. If I forget about it it goes away, but if I anticipate it then it's always there.

I took shrooms again yesterday, and this feeling was intensified x2. IT IS FREAKING ME OUT AND I REFUSE TO DO ANY MORE SHROOMS! So my question is, is this something commonly felt through shrooms? Does this have something to do with energy, or is this some sort of physical problem unrelated to shrooms?

I read this, but I don't know if it's correct:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Effects: Crawling, tingling, itching on scalp? [Re: Cleft_Asunder]
    #5892776 - 07/23/06 11:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

mmm i personally have never gotten that. Perhaps if you try forgetting about it or snort 15 kilos of cocaine it will go away (you probably shouldn't actually try that it's probably not too good for your health)

On mushrooms, I always get this weird taste in my mouth and semi-grrinding of the teeth. Espeically noticable on low doses of shrooms. It's like the saliva in my mouth has this REALLY odd taste to it and is over=produced and my jaw kind of clenches a little which is easy to stop. Also can't stop grinning on low doses.

Now that I think about it, every psychedelic i have taken has left a weird taste in my mouth... hmm.. weird.

One time on a low level dose of shrooms one of my eyes went out of focus and refused to focus in unison wih my other eye which was fucking annoying because i couldnt focus on anything.

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Effects: Crawling, tingling, itching on scalp? [Re: indica]
    #5892954 - 07/24/06 12:18 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

It's probably just something mental. Unless you have a dry scalp?

Just try hard to forget about it, or not worry about it. I know that may sounds hard but it can be done if it's just something in your mind.  :stoned:

Offlinepapixx
trumz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #5893024 - 07/24/06 12:34 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
mmm i personally have never gotten that. Perhaps if you try forgetting about it or snort 15 kilos of cocaine it will go away (you probably shouldn't actually try that it's probably not too good for your health)

On mushrooms, I always get this weird taste in my mouth and semi-grrinding of the teeth. Espeically noticable on low doses of shrooms. It's like the saliva in my mouth has this REALLY odd taste to it and is over=produced and my jaw kind of clenches a little which is easy to stop. Also can't stop grinning on low doses.

Now that I think about it, every psychedelic i have taken has left a weird taste in my mouth... hmm.. weird.

One time on a low level dose of shrooms one of my eyes went out of focus and refused to focus in unison wih my other eye which was fucking annoying because i couldnt focus on anything.

Post of the year!

--------------------
''Nothing lasts but nothing is lost''

OfflinedeXtrous
complete tool
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Effects: Crawling, tingling, itching on scalp? [Re: papixx]
    #5893079 - 07/24/06 12:50 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You have head lice.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Effects: Crawling, tingling, itching on scalp? [Re: deXtrous]
    #5893093 - 07/24/06 12:53 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i get the 'crawling' sometimes when I'm in bed, but I probably just have head lice. I haven't washed my hair for a few months.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #5893593 - 07/24/06 05:15 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i have permenant "head pressure" that feels like a headache that doesn't hurt. i have no clue what caused this. i think it might have been alot of dxm (i quit 2 or 3 years ago)

similar, but not really the same. i'm quite used to it.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineCleft_Asunder
Stranger
Re: Effects: Crawling, tingling, itching on scalp? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5895280 - 07/24/06 06:57 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for all the replies. I can't just forget about it, it was heavily obvious last night. I'm going to try lice shampoo, it's worth a shot. Sigh...

OfflineCleft_Asunder
Stranger
    #5895287 - 07/24/06 06:59 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
i get the 'crawling' sometimes when I'm in bed, but I probably just have head lice. I haven't washed my hair for a few months.

That's funny. I have short hair, 1-2mm. Lice can be found in all hair lengths, but ummmm, I can't be sure it's lice. I would like to think so.

OfflineCleft_Asunder
Stranger
    #5895362 - 07/24/06 07:26 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:

I've had the eye thing happend to me, usually on pot though. I believe it's due to lack of moisture. Water is your best friend when you smoke and do shrooms.

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

#5895553 - 07/24/06 08:08 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

According to The Psychedelic Experience, by Timothy Leary, "If the person fails to recognize and accept the onset of ego loss, he may complain of strange bodily symptoms. This shows that he has not reached a liberated state. Here is a list of commonly reported physical sensations:

1. Bodily pressure, which the Tibetans call earth-sinking-into-water.
2. Clammy coldness, followed by feverish heat, which the Tibetans called water-sinking-into-fire.
3. Body disintegrating or blown to atoms, called fire-sinking-into-air.
4. Pressure on head and ears, which Americans call rocket-launching-into space.
5. Tingling in extremities.
6. Feelings of body melting or flowing as if wax.
7. Nausea
8. Trembling or shaking, beginning in pelvic regions and spreading up torso. 

These physical reactions should be recongnized as signs heralding transcendence.  Avoid treating them as symptoms of illness, accept them, merge with them, enjoy them."

This may also help you....

Instrunctions for Physical Symptoms

O friend, listen carefully.
The bodily symptoms you are having are not drug-effects.
They indicate that you are struggling against the awareness of feelings which surpass your normal experience.
You cannot control these universal energy-waves.
Let the feelings melt all over you.
Become part of them.
Sink into them and through them.
Allow yourself to pulsate with the vibrations surrounding you.
Relax.
Do not stuggle.
Your symptoms will disappear as soon as all trace of ego-centered striving disappears.
Accept them as the message of the body.
Welcome them. Enjoy them.

I hit a wall in my psychedelic journeys just as you have.  Reading The Psychedelic Experience helped me overcome the physical symptom roadblock. I hope that these few passages will help you on your future trips.  :sun: :heart:

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

OfflineEraserhead
Lost Soul
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Effects: Crawling, tingling, itching on scalp? [Re: FunkyLoFi]
    #5895836 - 07/24/06 09:14 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'm going to go with either head lice, or a dry scalp.

Lice suck, but are easy to get rid of... the dry scalp I now have is a fucking bitch and a half, but in no way feels like the crawlings of head lice.

Either have a friend check your scalp, or try wearing a ball cap for a few hours, if the crawling gets way worse, I'd say ya probably got head lice.

--------------------

OfflineCleft_Asunder
Stranger
Re: Effects: Crawling, tingling, itching on scalp? [Re: FunkyLoFi]
    #5896164 - 07/24/06 10:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LoFiFunk said:
According to The Psychedelic Experience, by Timothy Leary, "If the person fails to recognize and accept the onset of ego loss, he may complain of strange bodily symptoms. This shows that he has not reached a liberated state. Here is a list of commonly reported physical sensations:

1. Bodily pressure, which the Tibetans call earth-sinking-into-water.
2. Clammy coldness, followed by feverish heat, which the Tibetans called water-sinking-into-fire.
3. Body disintegrating or blown to atoms, called fire-sinking-into-air.
4. Pressure on head and ears, which Americans call rocket-launching-into space.
5. Tingling in extremities.
6. Feelings of body melting or flowing as if wax.
7. Nausea
8. Trembling or shaking, beginning in pelvic regions and spreading up torso. 

These physical reactions should be recongnized as signs heralding transcendence.  Avoid treating them as symptoms of illness, accept them, merge with them, enjoy them."

This may also help you....

Instrunctions for Physical Symptoms

O friend, listen carefully.
The bodily symptoms you are having are not drug-effects.
They indicate that you are struggling against the awareness of feelings which surpass your normal experience.
You cannot control these universal energy-waves.
Let the feelings melt all over you.
Become part of them.
Sink into them and through them.
Allow yourself to pulsate with the vibrations surrounding you.
Relax.
Do not stuggle.
Your symptoms will disappear as soon as all trace of ego-centered striving disappears.
Accept them as the message of the body.
Welcome them. Enjoy them.

I hit a wall in my psychedelic journeys just as you have.  Reading The Psychedelic Experience helped me overcome the physical symptom roadblock. I hope that these few passages will help you on your future trips.  :sun: :heart:

This is what I wanted to add to the original post, somehow it didn't make it:

"Activity at the crown of the head: Tingling, itching, prickly, crawling sensations along the scalp and/or down the spine. A sense of energy vibrating on top of the head, as if energy is erupting from the head in a shower. Also the sensation of energy pouring in through the crown, described as "sprinkles". This may also be experienced as pressure on the crown, as if someone is pushing his/her finger into the center of your head. As I mentioned in #1, I have been experiencing huge downloads of energy through the crown. In the past, I have felt more generalized pressure, as if my head is in a gentle vise. One man related that his hair stood on end and his body was covered with goose bumps. Advice: This is nothing to be alarmed about. What you are experiencing is an opening of the crown chakra. The sensations mean that you are opening up to receive divine energy.

OfflineCleft_Asunder
Stranger
Re: Effects: Crawling, tingling, itching on scalp? [Re: Eraserhead]
    #5896211 - 07/24/06 10:32 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Eraserhead said:
I'm going to go with either head lice, or a dry scalp.

Lice suck, but are easy to get rid of... the dry scalp I now have is a fucking bitch and a half, but in no way feels like the crawlings of head lice.

Either have a friend check your scalp, or try wearing a ball cap for a few hours, if the crawling gets way worse, I'd say ya probably got head lice.

Do you have a lot of dandruff? If so we may be suffering from the same thing. To this day I've been thinking that either I have a fungus infection on my head, or some form of psoriasis. None-the-less, the only thing that puts it in a normal state is a tea I make with 3 herbs normally used as a powerful parisite killer: Wormwood, black walnut hull, and clover. You can use either powdered or whole herb (except the hull), but the tea is the most bitter thing you will probably drink. After the second drink your taste buds get used to it. Hey, it works!

Bring to boil, simmer for 10 minutes.

As for your theory, my dry skin never resulted in tingling sensations. This is new ever since I started doing heavy doses of shrooms.

I ordered a natural and 100% effective and natural product called TLC (total lice care) just to give it a shot.

OfflineEraserhead
Lost Soul
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #5897107 - 07/25/06 04:11 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I either have psoriasis, or most likely a fungal infection.
The only reason I would even say I have psoriasis, is because my father had it horribly, on his scalp, elbows, and knees.

If I scratch my scalp my fingernails get filled with dead skin, but it doesn't flake off, like dandruff would, I do have the occasional raised sore on my scalp, but my scalp usually just itches in places, and if I ignore the itching it becomes a tingling and crawling feeling... so I start scratching.

I usually spend an hour or so in the shower daily, and I have extremely long hair, that stays damp for an hour or more, then gets tied back in a pony tail all night at work, while I sweat, keeping my scalp moist.
The itching doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it, or I'm just that damned used to it. I really should start using selson blue or some shit every couple 3 days.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract