Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
Fuck this fucking shit!
    #589480 - 03/25/02 10:23 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have had 9 fucking latex gloves break on me and its always while I have jars open in my glovebox. What kind of disposable latex gloves will NOT break? I am on my last fucking nerve with this hobby. I have spent alot of $ and time on my work and like everthing else in my life that I have invested in its going to shit. I have 5 cakes that have been in for weeks now and will not pin for anything. I would not have believed it was possible for a fungus to tell me to fuck off but these damn cakes are screaming it at me. I have worked for months now and only gotten 5 dry grams and not 1 healthy mature shroom. I could quote the T.M.C. in my fucking sleep along with most of this forum. I know exactly what to do and everyones opinion on it but the shit wont work for me. Its like adding 2+2 and getting 5 WTF.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrAbeLincoln
enthusiast

Re: Fuck this fucking shit! [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #589521 - 03/25/02 11:09 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Relax dude....I've been doing this it looks like around the same amount of time as you...I've fucked up and fucked up and fucked up....my biggest problem was changing things...just little things in something like the pf tek that I thought was an improvement...which wasnt...just follow everything to the T in that tek. I started all this last september and I've only got about a half ounce dry to show for it....not really good..I feel your pain...but now I've got cakes fruiting like crazy...finally this attempt has paid off...stick exactly to the pf tek..it is tried and true. My problem this whole time has been the tap water I've been using in the substrate...I didnt think at all that the water in your substrate could be all that important especially a after its been pressure cooked....I was ready to give it all up I thought I had done everything I could...I couldnt even think of what it could be that I was doing wrong and then I bought a gallon of distilled water and boom...problem solved.....don't give up keep on tryin...remember what they say around here....it takes patience

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #589588 - 03/26/02 12:45 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

fuck that shit man! :smile: 

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Fuck this fucking shit! [Re: pleezr]
    #589666 - 03/26/02 03:34 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yea man...

Like, fuck this fucked up shitty ass fucking fucked up fucking shitty fucked up fuck up.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
Re: Fuck this fucking shit! [Re: DrAbeLincoln]
    #589693 - 03/26/02 04:34 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

maybe your water just sucks there-i started using *distilled*water and *mineral*water-that shit got to be a hassel-to wait to do jars when you dont have water-i just use plain ole tap water(i boil it now for 10 minutes)and all my stuff comes out great-
i almost gave up on cakes myself-i had a few to pin-when i started i thought*im gonna grow a pound of shrooms*so i went and spent alot of money-ordered my shit and realized i should have thought it out more clearly-now i have a shitload of equipment i dont use and i had to buy new equipment-cool thing about growing shrooms is that when i buy something i think i need-turns out i dont need it-my wife can always use the whatever around the house(humidifiers,pressure cookers,containers,etc.)
i didnt get the results i wanted with cakes-i almost gave up-then i thought id try 1 casing before i did-im glad i did!
BIG DIFFERENCE!
now after i case these 48 jars that are about 60-80% colonized-im not sure how many shrooms i will have-but i think i will have a nice harvest-
i will have pics soon-even if i have to buy a disposable camera and go to kinkos and scan them-what would the kinkos workers think of that?
but i have 6 terrariums now-i have 4 trays per terrarium-each tray will hold about 3 cakes-so thats about a dozen 1/2 pint cakes in each terrarium-i have them split in 4 trays(2-3 per tray)to keep contams down and kep them from spreading through out all of the casing-
i plan on building an identical incobater this weekend that will hold 48 more jars-
and then i will get more terrariums-
im just saying DONT GIVE UP!
im sorry you are having bad luck dude-
if you were close to me,id say *dont worry about it,have some of my shrooms*-but i know thats not the same as growing them-
i hardly ever eat my shrooms-
i just love to grow them-
if you never get any fruit and run out of spores p.m. if you are in need and ill throw a print your way-or syringe-which ever-i have lots of amazonian syringes left-id be happy to share if you are having some bad luck-
what strain are you growing-
ecuadors are great for a beginner-
but then again im am a newbie-but i have been growing other things for years-
its in my blood-
my family is growers-
peace
Lee

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

#589694 - 03/26/02 04:35 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

my wife gets my gloves from her job(believe it or not tis a resturant)they fit kinda big-but they never break and i reuse them-i would be happy to send you a pair-

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #589823 - 03/26/02 09:29 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Latex gloves come in different sizes. Not one size fits all. Are you using any kind of solvents or oils or sprays on your gloves? If so, stop... many substances can quickly reduce the strength of latex. Make sure you aren't wearing any rings and that your finger nails are trimmed and smooth. How old are the gloves? Maybe you got a bad lot or something.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Re: Fuck this fucking shit! [Re: Seuss]
    #589839 - 03/26/02 09:44 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

the gloves my wife gets me arent latex-but they are 1 size fits all-they are for food-be careful when you strick a lighter with them-the damn thumb is too big for me and it melted to my thumb!

--------------------

Anonymous

#589869 - 03/26/02 10:40 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Fuck the gloves, just wash your hands.

This ain't brain surgery!

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Fuck this fucking shit! [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #589872 - 03/26/02 10:49 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

not a flame... but if gloves are giving you such trouble... just wash and use sanitizer on your hands... afoaf never wears gloves to do anything and never has any trouble at all.

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
Loc: kentucky
Re: Fuck this fucking shit! [Re: LSD_4me]
    #589877 - 03/26/02 10:53 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

if you are talking about gloves that are built on the inside of your glovebox, they shouldnt be latex. They should be yellow dishwashing gloves.

As far as latex gloves go, I never have a problem with them breaking and I wear them all the time. Of course I do throw them away after using them once.

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Re: Fuck this fucking shit! [Re: LSD_4me]
    #589903 - 03/26/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

yea-dont use gloves anymore-that was in the bigining-actually i dont have much contam problems-only with old cakes that have been dunked,then i get the green ick-my house is super clean-my wife is a clean freak :smile: and we have a new born baby-so we are constantly running humidifers,hepas,and spraying lysol to try to keep the air clean for my daughters precious little lungs :smile: (actually the lysol is to cover the smell of shitty diapers and weed up,the two together is not a pleasent smell)so i quit being so careful-i used to practically tip toe around my mushies-but now im pretty comfortable with them and i know what they can withstand-
Lee 

--------------------

Offlinefungichick
Your mom
    #589942 - 03/26/02 12:12 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I don't use latex gloves or a glove box. I just wash my hands and wipe everything down with a 1:10 bleach/water mix and everything has been just grand.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. If it pisses you off that much , it's not fun so don't do it. Hobbies are supposed to be fun.

I had cakes that took almost a month to pin for god knows what reason. Yes it was frustrating but christ watching fungus grow isn't the fastest thing in the world

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Re:Thanks alot. [Re: fungichick]
    #590007 - 03/26/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have had alot of shit fall apart on me recently so I have a very short fuse lately. For the most part I was just venting and wasting space on this forrum (sorry). I have always used tap water and had fine mycelial growth but I will start using bottled water for misting. (perlite and a bubbler/per tank is not enough?) I have to do all my work in my bedroom with used sheets, laundry ,dust ,etc. around and this makes me quite paranoid (I have had contam problems in the past). If a glove breaks mid-project I freak out as if there was ebola in my g.b. I know that is overeacting but when were talking about contams as small as 3microns who knows whats floating around. I need to fine tune my g.b. because I dont have time to keep stoping and fixing things (mayby that could be a usefull post for some new people if I include pictures). Kitchen gloves dont fit on the arms of my g.b. and vynal gloves are worse than latex for breaking so can anyone provide a brand name of some super sturdy latex gloves. I want a five finger equivalent to anal sex condoms. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, AND IF YOU MADE FUN OF ME NO HARD FEELINGS I HAD IT COMING.

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Re:Thanks alot. [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #590049 - 03/26/02 01:48 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

dude you should chill and smoke a joint-i dont use a glove box-im not careful at all-im a stoner and i make mistakes all the time-but i hardly ever get contams in jars using oven tek-makin syringes and incoulation-i do run a hepa-maybe thats why-but its in my daughters room now,its not even in here-i cant tell a difference-i am constantly opening up my terrariums and looking at my babies and then my wife goes behind me and reopens them and looks-LOL
my casings and cakes never get contaminated-only after sever dunks-
im trying to say that maybe you are trying a little to hard-relax- :smile: 

--------------------

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re:Thanks alot. [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #590163 - 03/26/02 03:56 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

seriously!!... theres no need to be so paranoid... just clean the air first with lysol or alcohol/water solution... do all innoculations via oven tek and PC your substrate... you wont have to worry about a glove box... unless your doing some kind of agar culture then its a good idea to use one

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re:Thanks alot. [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #590168 - 03/26/02 04:01 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Wash your hands and spray them with lysol...... then do all your innoculations and spore print transfers to syringe on the bottom shelf of the oven on low.....I`ve had HUGE success with the oven tek and will never go back to glove boxes. Patience is a virtue and eventually your work will pay off.... don`t give up.

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Offlinecgrossoman

Re:Thanks alot. [Re: Numba9]
    #590208 - 03/26/02 04:46 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Im basically agreeing with everyone else on this one - the glovebox isnt needed. Id say use the oven tek to innoculate your jars, its pretty reliable and easy. Use lysol wash your area and hands throughly, basically use common cleaning sense, make sure theres no dead corpses,cock roachs, or magits roaming your area.

also if your having trouble with your cakes fruting, did you invest in a thermometer? you should its a must for a 1st timer. what strain are you using? some strains require different temps ect

maybe u already know this but im just trying to help

dont give up man no one is perfect and im sure things will lead your way soon

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Re:Thanks alot. [Re: cgrossoman]
    #590579 - 03/26/02 11:29 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have a radioshack hygrometer / thermometer with remote sensors in each of my 2 tanks. I also have a space heater and the airconditioning on at all times (they have thermostats and balance things out.) 74 to 77 degrees at all times and rh of 98% (sensors are rated up to 95% so im not possitive). I have the cakes sitting on cds in boxes of perlite. I am considering putting them directly on the perlite to help with moisture. I have heard not to but from what I have read I should have seen pins long ago. 1 tank is coldshocked and a little newer so they might still go fine. I am using Equadors that colonize quite well with the right temp. All my mycelium kicks ass, its just a shame I cant stop there. They also get plenty of natural light.

Invisibletheseeker
addict
 User Gallery
Re:Thanks alot. [Re: Numba9]
    #590585 - 03/26/02 11:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

did you draw that smoking caterpillar? i love that gif :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale