Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Marijuana Gumballs
    #5891268 - 07/23/06 04:07 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/7/prweb414446.htm

High-grade marijuana is being packaged in gumballs and sold to high school students. These "greenades" contain enough THC to be fatal to smaller children.

Howard County, MD (PRWEB) July 22, 2006 -- Two bright yellow gumballs with smiley faces were seized from two high school students by police at the Howard County High School. A police officer assigned to the high school witnessed the gumballs being purchased by the students while passing between classes. The gumballs were sent to the Maryland State Police-Forensic Sciences Division Laboratory in Pikesville, Maryland who determined there was approximately one gram of high-grade marijuana packed inside each gumball. The gumballs came wrapped in colorful tin foil labeled as "Greenades" with a marijuana leaf on the wrapper and detailed instructions for use.

With this discovery, concern over Greenades is growing among parents in the area, not only for the teenagers in the local student body but also over what happens when these drug-using students bring these gumballs home and their younger brothers or sisters get a hold of them, or worse yet, curious toddlers encounter them. Most experts agree that there is enough THC (the active chemical in marijuana) in one gram of high grade marijuana to produce a lethal overdose that could result in death if swallowed by a toddler.

J.T. Daily, Director of Drug Education for Narconon Arrowhead, one of the country’s leading drug rehabilitation and education centers, said, "The way drugs are being marketed and packaged these days to encourage kids to buy and use them is getting pretty sophisticated. The purpose, of course, is to create future clientèle for drugs and what better-targeted market for a pusher than kids. They are young, experimental by nature and have the money to buy it. If they try it and like it, they could end up being a permanent customer that one day ends up in our rehabilitation facility, in jail or dead."

Narconon Arrowhead’s Daily went on to say, "The only way for parents to compete with the pro-drug influences that are present in our society today is for every concerned parent to take the time to get educated on the subject of drugs and drug addiction so they can speak to their kids with authority on the subject. Next is to communicate to kids honestly and openly and share this information with them. Don’t scold them or try to scare or punish them into not doing drugs - this rarely works and can actually worsen the problem. Parents can be stern, but in a caring fashion, when encouraging their children not to use drugs. These are a few powerful tools that parents can use in guiding kids to make the right choices when it comes to drugs."

To obtain more information on how you can help educate your children about the dangers of drug and alcohol use, or if you know someone who needs help with addiction, contact Narconon Arrowhead’s information hotline 1-800-468-6933 or visit www.stopaddiction.com.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenew_to_shrooms
Stranger
Male

Loc: fuck the usa
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: Organic]
    #5891544 - 07/23/06 05:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

haha die from weed? i thought we already have been over this! you can't OD on the shit! fuckers

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: new_to_shrooms]
    #5891609 - 07/23/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

at 10klf, a couple pot brownies and a goo-ball and I was toasted for like 24 hours.

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: Nashbar]
    #5892014 - 07/23/06 07:22 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

shit, i can't even get high off of a gram of marijuana anymore... wtf... is this a joke?

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: liamtheloser]
    #5892137 - 07/23/06 07:51 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Those are in last months DEA Microgram bulletin too. They even have a picture!

You can see it if you fix up the link posted below.

HINT : If you are a stoner, or slow, it just needs an extra W.

http://ww.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0506/mg0506.html

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineLily_Morgan
I'm #1 !!
Female User Gallery
Loc: Eastern Shore
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5892324 - 07/23/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

1) You cannot overdose on weed.

2) If your toddler ate a marijuana gum ball you would lucky as hell, that kid would end up eating his dinner and then going to bed early.

3) Drug dealers don't package drugs like that so they can appeal to a younger demographic, they package them like that so they can transport and sell them with less of a chance of suspicion.

4) STUPID HIGH SCHOOL KIDS. You don't package drugs in a way to make them not look like drugs, and then put a pot leaf on the wrapper and add instructions on how to use them. Is it just me, or are kids getting dumber?

InvisibleStroFun
Repeater

Loc: Mycotopia.net
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: Lily_Morgan]
    #5892508 - 07/23/06 09:32 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I cant wait to get out of this fucked up country, although at the moment i cant even leave the state because i have 2.4 grams of ultra low potency nigger weed that wouldn't even get an ant high...I'm such a drug addict. I should be locked up...

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: StroFun]
    #5892663 - 07/23/06 10:30 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

"These "greenades" contain enough THC to be fatal to smaller children."

Haha I love how the government knows so much about the substances they keep illegal.... Good thing they keep the deadly addictive drug marijuana illegal.... :rolleyes:

--------------------

Edited by ShroomOmatic (07/23/06 10:36 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #5892694 - 07/23/06 10:42 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

What bullshit! I wish I could find summa those. :stoned:

Offlinenew_to_shrooms
Stranger
Male

Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #5892815 - 07/23/06 11:35 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

you think thats the case? i think they know but the fuckers just lie! fuck the police and most politions desreve good painful death! fuck the government! fuck the fucking fuckers!

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: new_to_shrooms]
    #5893106 - 07/24/06 12:55 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

why doesn't somebody point this shit out and make it hit the news fan?

the fda posted something on cnn about mj, and then few days later they had it taken off and some scientist or someone ....anyways he told them off and set the shit striaght.

but really the bottom line is bubble gum could easliy end up in a kids hand and that is dirt wrong, i think the pot leaf and instructions where the guys small attempt to stop that from happening...or at least to non suspecting victoms. kids would still clearing fail to see or comprehend it.

the gov knows whats up they are clearly lieing, i just don't understand how they tell the world this shit and get away with it scott free, but i guess nobody wants to talk back to there dad cuss they know they will get there ass whooped if they do.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Offlinenew_to_shrooms
Stranger
Male

Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #5893470 - 07/24/06 03:14 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yea you hit the nail on the mother fuckin head dude. there is no way in hell someone could convince me this is just a mistake its a lie, a god damn lie!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: Lily_Morgan]
    #5893580 - 07/24/06 05:06 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

> 1) You cannot overdose on weed.

Of course you can. You can overdose on anything, even water.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinestormhalter
full metalalchemist

Loc: Behind you.
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: Seuss]
    #5893739 - 07/24/06 07:34 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

In that USDOJ link on page 1, notice the bulletin alert under the Greenades?

ECSTASY COMBINATION TABLETS (CONTAINING MDMA,
KETAMINE, METHAMPHETAMINE, AND COCAINE) IN EAST BRUNSWICK, NEW JERSEY

Wow.

Offlineprincestoadstool
Pot Head
Female

Loc: bouncin' around the room
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: stormhalter]
    #5893793 - 07/24/06 08:10 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard...THC kills. I'm so tired of all this government propaganda crap getting crammed down our throats.

Offlineprincestoadstool
Pot Head
Female

Loc: bouncin' around the room
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: stormhalter]
    #5893801 - 07/24/06 08:14 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

>In that USDOJ link on page 1, did you see this one too?

SPECIAL INTELLIGENCE AND SAFETY ALERT -

WIDESPREAD FENTANYL-RELATED OVERDOSES AND DEATHS IN THE NORTHEASTERN AND UPPER MID-EASTERN UNITED STATES!

Almost 150 people have died from this mix, in the metropolitan area where I live, from this crap. Scary shit.

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: princestoadstool]
    #5893808 - 07/24/06 08:20 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'm surprised no one has expressed amazement regarding the fact that there are THC Gumballs in wrappers. For ears I have chewed gum and keif together and had good times. A some what professional THC gumball F-ing Awesome.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #5894104 - 07/24/06 11:35 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe one of those gum balls could kill a toddler if he/she CHOKED on it...

...but even a sick mouse would survive a 1 gram dose of marijuana.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Edited by ExplosiveMango (07/24/06 11:36 AM)

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #5894141 - 07/24/06 11:53 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

how does chewing the gumball activate the THC. The heat isn't high enough in the mouth is it? Has it been pre-cooked into the gum? Details people

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
Re: Marijuana Gumballs [Re: demiu5]
    #5894184 - 07/24/06 12:17 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LD50_of_THC

Quote:

It should be noted that the highest animal that oral LD50 values are available for, the Domestic Dog, would have to consume roughly one third of a pound (150 g) of pure THC in order to experience fatality. This data supports the theory that marijuana can not cause lethal overdose.

And that's pure THC, not raw MJ. How much raw MJ would it take to have 1/3 a pound of THC?

No-one could OD from a gumball even if it were 100% THC.

--------------------
:orly:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck