Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: so all of a sudden NK has a flood [Re: quiver]
    #5896915 - 07/25/06 02:11 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'm particularly familiar with communist societies, and I severely doubt that the general population admires their great leader.

Fear, yes, but admiration is highly unlikely. Propaganda is powerful, but not omnipotent.

Never in history has the populace of a repressive communist regime been completely placated by propaganda. I somehow doubt that a pushy little korean bastard has managed to change that trend.

Most likely there are plenty of people who hate him, but are too afraid to speak about it, organize, rebel, etc.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5896938 - 07/25/06 02:20 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You have yet to provide an ample reason why North Koreans deserve to die via famine. So far it seems you've only attempted to explain why you don't like North Koreans (namely because of the personality cult surrounding Kim Sung-Il)

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

Re: so all of a sudden NK has a flood [Re: Konnrade]
    #5896949 - 07/25/06 02:24 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i can't believe that.
the french had a revolution because they were oppressed
the american civil war was about oppression and they went to war,
every race in history has done it accept the north koreans

does their 1million+ army who are sworn to defend their living god from us blue eyed devils even realize that the west feeds them?
ofcourse they do

--------------------

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

Re: so all of a sudden NK has a flood [Re: Basilides]
    #5897004 - 07/25/06 02:49 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
You have yet to provide an ample reason why North Koreans deserve to die via famine. So far it seems you've only attempted to explain why you don't like North Koreans (namely because of the personality cult surrounding Kim Sung-Il)

excuse me?
i don;t have to find anything for you

i put links to what i've said,what have you done besides switching from an insurgent to a faggot to a jew to a christian to a carevision bullshit artist?

--------------------

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5897017 - 07/25/06 02:53 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

There was no guerilla war lashing back at stalin, no revolution to overthrow mao, plenty of communist citizens have been too scared to present a significant fight back. North Korea is likely the same way. Their military might is strong, and yet has a relatively small nation to spread out over. The demilitarized zone is considered by many to be the single most dangerous place on earth.

I don't think they all worship their leaders' feet, they've just been crushed under his boot.

--------------------

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

#5897025 - 07/25/06 03:01 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

well to me that means they are just as insane as suicide bombers except more mititant,fit and organised and ready to be used by whoever is the meanest killer of their times

they might as well say,"hey what more can we do,if we don't follow his command he will kill us,so we better do as we are told and kill the west even tho they feed us"

what happened to all the honour those asian movies always seem to promote? :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5897040 - 07/25/06 03:17 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

It's not easy for them to organize and fight back. Their government blocks external ideas (for example, the people don't have the internet in North Korea, they have an intranet run by the government that only includes north korea), their lives depend upon government due to the nature of communism, their government spies on them, intimidates them, throws dissidents in prison...

People are too frightened to make jokes about their leader, let alone try to overthrow him.

I imagine that their mentality is that they try to make the best of what little they have, and hope that someday something better may happen.

It's sad, and their defeated nature doesn't help, but it's easy to criticize them from a safe distance. Were you in their country, you'd either be as afraid as they are, or you'd do something bold and wind up doing forced labor in a prison somewhere with the knowledge that you'd die within its walls. You might just get shot though, I'm not clear on the preferrence of imprisonment or execution in N. Korea. Either way, they have a way of permanently eliminating people brave enough to stand up to them.

--------------------

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

#5897047 - 07/25/06 03:26 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

we should send the UN there,that kofi anan would shake them up :lol:

my own little theory of nk is that they are a little pocket where japanese war criminals from WW2 ended up,

(i'm sure we didn't get them all with them being the 'farmers by day,soldiers by night' kind of people that they are)

sort of like a safe haven for them to amass their army and plan their revenge attack on the west for her past sin of defending itself

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #5897114 - 07/25/06 04:19 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

quiver said:
ok for the dumbies....i find it odd,dumb or ignorant that you havent heard that before...i googled those about him so stop flaming/baiting or ill tell you how fucking dumb you are too:D

I simply asked a question, acknowledged that perhaps you were simply referring to the dictator, and stated that I was simply wondering if you knew what the hell you were talking about. :lol:

I'd suggest calming the fuck down. You obviously demonstrated that you did know what the hell you were talking about, so what's the damn problem? :smirk:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

Re: so all of a sudden NK has a flood [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5897131 - 07/25/06 04:37 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i'm calm,its just that people here lose debates and start picking up on spelling errors and trans inter continental communication mix ups/misintrepretations and try to make out others are dumb because they dont understand something said

maybe i should type in parables

--------------------

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5897135 - 07/25/06 04:42 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, I'm not talking about the North Korean government or the North Korean military. I'm talking about the people. The millions of men, women and children who live under the brutal rule of Kim Jong-Il, who can barely feed themselves because this so-called communist government prefers to spend all its resources on military might. There is a dissident movement in North Korea, btw. People are routinely executed or jailed in North Korea for "unstately" behavior. In one cable documentary a hidden camera captured an execution - a North Korean dissident, killed by firing squad because he hung a poster under a bridge that said "Bring down Kim Jong-Il, Bring up Democracy in North Korea". Finally, it's not exactly easy for a population to stage a coup in one of the more powerful military regimes in the world. It took decade after decade after decade for Russians to eventually cause their despotic regime to collapse from within.

And also - North Korea's recent long range missile test. As I've read, Kim Jong-Il likely didn't want to test the Wong missiles because the inevitable international crisis that would ensue would without a doubt discombobulate his regime on a diplomatic level. There was alot of international pressure in other words, and Kim Jong-Il buckled under domestic pressure instead - the North Korean military, which itself pushed the government to give the red flag for long range missile tests, not the other way around. Point is, Kim Jong-Il doesn't have as much of a grasp on his country as Sung-Il did. When he eventually dies, absolute power in North Korea is going to be a toss up between military and government (and any possible successors Kim Jong-Il might have in mind). The personality cult will by all means likely begin to die in post-Jong-Il North korea.

As long as a humanitarian crisis ensues somewhere in the world, the international community is obligated to assist in alleviating that crisis somehow - not turn a blind eye simply because those who are suffering live under the iron fist of an evil maniac. As George Bush himself once said in response to the devastating earthquake in Iran a few years ago (in which the U.S. aided Iran for the disaster) "Human suffering knows no political boundaries."

Lets say you yourself were born in North Korea instead of the good ol' US of A. Would you deserve the famine you would be subjected to?

I guess that's my question.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #5897145 - 07/25/06 04:59 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

quiver said:
i'm calm,its just that people here lose debates and start picking up on spelling errors and trans inter continental communication mix ups/misintrepretations and try to make out others are dumb because they dont understand something said

maybe i should type in parables

I understood what you said quite well, even stated as much. I simply felt the need to ask you if you knew what you were talking about. :lol:

Also, I am not involved in this debate in the slightest, which means I'm pretty much out of order. Excuse me. :wink:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5897636 - 07/25/06 10:04 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

i put links to what i've said,what have you done besides switching from an insurgent to a faggot to a jew to a christian to a carevision bullshit artist?

There is no flaming in PAL. You get a little vacation thanks to the wonderful Banomatic system.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom