Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: hippie_cune]
    #5888161 - 07/22/06 07:11 PM (12 years, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

hippie_cune said:
Quote:

the_END said:
salvia doesnt work 2 days in a row.. the effects decrese dramataicaly the 3nd.. give it a few days inbetween

oh yea, that was random info lol... but its true

i dont think so.. ive done salvia many days in a row and the effects never decresed.

try smoking it out of a decent sized bong. that usually knocks me back

I agree. I have never had any decreased effects from using salvia repeatedly. If anything I have increased effects.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekija
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: motaman]
    #5888678 - 07/22/06 09:41 PM (12 years, 3 hours ago)

I believe Salvia Divinorum has reverse tolerance.
Peace,kija

--------------------
Am I breathing up or down? says the speaking fictional character.

OfflineMustNotBe
HPPDer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BrewCity
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: kija]
    #5888722 - 07/22/06 09:56 PM (12 years, 2 hours ago)

I believe I had reduced effects after 4 trips one morning

--------------------
Junkies United we stand , Devided we're sick as fuck.
-                  -                -
"Hallucinations are something heroin users are not at all accustomed to," said Const. Conor King, Victoria police drug expert. "They react like you or I would react if we took Aspirin and all of a sudden the TV got up and started walking across the room."
-                  -                -
Make drugs legal, or alcohol and tobacco illegal. Either way it's more fair.

OfflineinfiniumV
Stranger
Male
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: MustNotBe]
    #5888745 - 07/22/06 10:02 PM (12 years, 2 hours ago)

I have read that salvia trips within 1 hour of the previous have significantly reduced intensity. So, you are free to leave your mind behind and visit salviaspace only once per hour it seems.  :frown: ...and we all just wanted to stay there perminently.  :crazy2:

Edited by infinium (07/22/06 10:13 PM)

Offlinegratefulgere
Master of Appearance

Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: viedub]
    #5889205 - 07/23/06 12:32 AM (12 years, 14 minutes ago)

Use a bong. Or make a gravity bong if you don't have a glass one. When I've smoked i've felt extreme gravity sucking me into a vortex like hole. Just sucked me right out of my body. Fucking weird. I was definetely on a different plane. But got the feeling like, "What the fuck is this guy doing here?" I mean if you were talking with entities on a different plane, what more were you expecting? Maybe you should just wait for death to find you so you can really break through

--------------------
Encourage Critical Thinking

Offlineviedub
Stranger
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5889496 - 07/23/06 02:57 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I did not have actual hallucinations, just vague blurring visions and objects taking on somewhat different forms, hard to explain sort of... Also, i just felt in the 'presence' of these entities, and not really communicating with them. When I mentioned i yelled out 'where!' all those times, I wasn't trying to speak to them as I knew at that point they can't really be spoken to, yet I knew that 'they' were there around me.

Also to the guy that mentioned the salvia breakthrough myth: All i have to do is 10 minutes of research on the internet to know that what I have experienced from all of my salvia trips is only a small fraction of what is possible to obtain from it, but thank you for spending the time to type out a post that is a blatant lie...

:rolleyes:

Edited by viedub (07/23/06 02:59 AM)

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: infinium]
    #5889504 - 07/23/06 03:04 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

infinium said:
I have read that salvia trips within 1 hour of the previous have significantly reduced intensity. So, you are free to leave your mind behind and visit salviaspace only once per hour it seems.  :frown: ...and we all just wanted to stay there perminently.  :crazy2:

Once me and a friend sat in the dark for hours hitting 6x salvia. we did level out, but we were not in this world completely. we ended up interacting with an alien entity who was also lost in-between worlds in salvia space. He was sitting on my couch with his arm back over the edge like someone very relaxed. He even looked stoned. Very friendly looking didn't seem to pose any kind of threat whatsoever. My friend still calls this the weirdest thing thats ever happened to him.  :stoned:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5889607 - 07/23/06 04:18 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I've had the feeling of others being present and the feeling was really pleasant but at the same time I was worried about leaving this world.
I didn't want to loose my friends, I reminded the words "relax, let it show you, you will return"..and I did but the time run out. If only I had had more hits left, the journey would have had enough fuel to carry me into the another world.

and that was with less than 300mg of plain dry leaf (1x)

OfflineTomcat23
Shoomery Noob
Male

Loc: Central Florida, Gulf Coa...
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: astraalialma]
    #5889740 - 07/23/06 06:07 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I just took up smoking Salvia and I started with the leaves.. My first experiance totally flipped me assbackwards with confusion as to what I was getting myself into.. Then I experimented more and saw and felt what it was trying to show me, I duno, Its hard to remeber everything that happens, it goes by so fast.. but I know that its completely out of this world, and I've failed to leave everytime that I've been offered the chance.. I can't seem to let this world go for some reason, I can feel it when im holding the smoke in, something inside of me wanting to leave my body behind, I feel its in my head, but im not sure... I've felt feelings like this off regular leaves with the right technique but I feel they might be more delusional.. I have tryed 5x and it didn't really set me off too well maybe because of the wrong atmosphere at the time.. I hate it.. Reality "fuck-ups" waking me up from my nice Salvia trip.. Don't you feel that when this happens that reality itself is kind of like a misquito biting at your leg.. Maybe I need to be able to feel more comfortable while smoking Salvia, I dont like doing it in my car because its doesnt feel natural, my parents wouldnt want me smoking in the house, and theres to many damn bugs outside... I guess I just need to buy some 6x and find a good place to let myself go..

--------------------
Mescaline man, im in need!!!

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #5890221 - 07/23/06 01:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

All i have to do is 10 minutes of research on the internet to know that what I have experienced from all of my salvia trips is only a small fraction of what is possible to obtain from it, but thank you for spending the time to type out a post that is a blatant lie...

...sigh

I read a report on Erowid about somebody who turned into a sombrero. I guess you have to keep using more and more until you turn into a sombrero, or it won't be "the real thing".

How can you on ANY trip experience more than "a small fraction of what is possible to obtain from it"?

But don't let my helpful post distract you.
So 50.000 mcg Salvinorin didn't do it. How about 100.000? :rolleyes:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlineviedub
Stranger
Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: Asante]
    #5890604 - 07/23/06 03:43 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Dude, what do you expect from me ? Am I supposed to believe this one person who assures me salvia breakthroughs are myths and completely disregard every level 4+ trip report I've read about it ?

I might be having some expectations towards the experience, but I'm not surely not an idiot, and I'm not about to buy the garbage that you are attempting to feed me. If all you can contribute to this thread are blatant lies then please stay out of it, because youre just spreading misinformation and angering me.

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

#5890653 - 07/23/06 04:00 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

in more detail: A "salvia breakthrough" boils down to taking a lot of salvinorin in a short amount of time.

You took a hundred strong doses of Salvia (1 gram of 20x) in two days, I assume sometimes with a dozen strong doses in your pipe.

Either you have been ripped off on the 20x, or there is the distinct possibility that you were further under the influence than you realize. If you scream out loud to entities you experience, you are VERY deep into Salvia's realm.

The hallmark of Salvia overdoses, which you took, is amnesia for the effects.

Question: did you do it with your eyes open or closed?

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: gratefulgere]
    #5890688 - 07/23/06 04:10 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gratefulgere said:
Use a bong.  Or make a gravity bong if you don't have a glass one.

:thumbup:

--------------------
PsyPost - Psychedelic Research

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5890767 - 07/23/06 04:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Wiccan isn't spreading blatant lies or garbage. He knows about what he speaks.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineviedub
Stranger
    #5890878 - 07/23/06 04:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Open eyes. I also mentioned i know i wasn't speaking to these entities, i was more asking myself the 'where' question because i was so surprised I felt the presence of them, and them wanting to take me somewhere.

Edited by viedub (07/23/06 04:54 PM)

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

#5891025 - 07/23/06 05:16 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Open eyes.

almost the entire scope of the Salvia experience takes place with closed eyes. If you recall the many reports you doubtlessly have read: from most descriptions of the visual effects you can deduce, if it is not mentioned, that they have had their eyes closed.

Similarly, the same dose of Salvia becomes much more intense if you halfway through the effect close your eyes.

A strong dose of salvia can, with open eyes, sometimes do little more than make you very dizzy and laugh out loud and feel silly, whereas half of that amount with closed eyes can completely take you to faraway lands.

Just like LSD an experience can be entirely uneventful or the greatest adventure of a lifetime.

If your 20x was good quality, then there was definitely way more than enough Salvia present. If you are of average sensitivity then 1/100 of a gram, inhaled in one suck and held in your lungs for at least twenty seconds ought to be enough to provide you with a strong, level 2-4 experience, IF you close your eyes.

Another question: did you hold the smoke for a long time?

You need experience. Salvia is unlike any other entheogen. The experiences, in my experience, aren't independent but rather are all chapters in ONE STORY. And that story, redgreenvines will agree, can be very compelling.

My advice to you is to wait at least a month to return to equilibrium, because we must assume that in some mysterious mechanism 50.000 mcg of Salvinorium has passed through you. That's a beastly amount, even to smoke in a YEAR.

After waiting, use small amounts with closed eyes in silence and darkness. Really open up your senses to take in the experience. Do nothing but acxtively register what happens. And then, to all likelyness, it will come.

--------------------

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlineviedub
Stranger
    #5891189 - 07/23/06 05:52 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Fair enough... sorry if i was harsh before, but you came off and kind of arrogant.. thanks for the help :smile:

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

#5891566 - 07/23/06 07:30 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

you came off and kind of arrogant..

Same here, I'm glad we could turn it around  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5892046 - 07/23/06 09:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

A strong dose of salvia can, with open eyes, sometimes do little more than make you very dizzy and laugh out loud and feel silly, whereas half of that amount with closed eyes can completely take you to faraway lands.

I've gotten [too] intense open eyed hallucinations before. It doesn't seem uncommon at all, as long as you smoke it correctly.

--------------------
PsyPost - Psychedelic Research

Offlinepsychout
Stranger

Re: Tackling the salvia beast. [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5892195 - 07/23/06 10:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The last time I smoked it with my eyes open it did more than just dizziness and laughter (although I didn't laugh at all this time, 4th). I started to loose touch with reality, but it would keep shooting back at me from the area to my bottom left.. very repetitious.. If it actually makes you hallucinate with eyes closed then I'll have to try that next time, since keeping your eyes open is somewhat unpleasant..

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience