Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefijim27
Stranger
First-timer with some questions
    #5883536 - 07/21/06 02:17 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Hey there!

I'm trying some shrooms next week with two of my good friends (I'm told its always better to do it with people your close with). It's my first time, as well as the one friends. The other has done it many times before. Some questions:

Whats the best way to consume them? I've been told with peanut butter, made into a sandwich? Some have had them covered in chocolate?

More importantly, if I don't like the trip, whats the best way to speed it up/get sober quicker? I know when I smoke weed, if I eat and take a shower I sober up pretty quick, but what about with shrooms? I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the high and I want to know some ways out of if.

Also, is it bad to drink alcohol before/during/afterwards?

Let me know, thanks!

-Fiji

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: fijim27]
    #5883543 - 07/21/06 02:29 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery :smile:!

If you're shrooming or tripping near people you're not close to, you'll probably be suspicious of them and generally wont trust them, so thats a bad idea.

Some people really hate the taste, but i dont think it's that bad(just chew them nice and swallow). If you want eat them with something like peanut butter, but mushrooms have the famous ability of making people sick to there stomach and puke so not eating much before the trip can be better.

Now this you need to take very seriously. If you dont like the trip, you can not make it go any faster. If you start to have a bad trip, it can feel like an eternity and that you will never come back to normal. You must be ready to take this on. If you're having a bad trip, do something to get your mind distracted, or change the setting, lighting, or music. There is some anti-trip medication somewhere out there but it may be hard to come by (if you really think its necessary search it or ask the boards).

There is a lot of discussion about drinking, I for one dont think its a good idea. My first trip, I was shroomin and i started drinking a beer. Only one beer! I started puking it was terrible. That threw me into a bad trip. I suggest smoking the herb during the trip or before it or afterwards :smile:

Lastly, I think this community would all tell you to go to www.erowid.org and read until your mind bleeds with the juicy fruits of knowlege.

Offlinebhamlaxy
Shroomerite
Female

Loc: Nevada
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: Phishe]
    #5883602 - 07/21/06 03:23 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Personally I HATE the taste of shrooms. Even if I break it up, trying to chew each piece makes me gag really badly. A good way is a peanut butter and shroom sandwich. It nearly completely hides the taste, theres only a weird texture. Another option is to make tea. Id say try to munch them down plain, if thats not working, then make a sandwich. Ive eaten them plain before, but its just not pleasant.

Offlinebucket949
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: bhamlaxy]
    #5883642 - 07/21/06 04:30 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Meh just drink it down with some 100% orange juice and its not bad at all.

OfflinePithlit
Stranger in astrange Land
Male

Loc: Germany
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: bucket949]
    #5883651 - 07/21/06 04:41 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

As for you geing a first timer i recommend that you just chew them down, so that you can taste them at least once.
For me its an integral part of the trip to know what you are dealing with.

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Loc: Canada (not really)
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: Phishe]
    #5883738 - 07/21/06 06:33 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Phishe said:

Now this you need to take very seriously. If you dont like the trip, you can not make it go any faster. If you start to have a bad trip, it can feel like an eternity and that you will never come back to normal. You must be ready to take this on. If you're having a bad trip, do something to get your mind distracted, or change the setting, lighting, or music. There is some anti-trip medication somewhere out there but it may be hard to come by (if you really think its necessary search it or ask the boards).

There is a lot of discussion about drinking, I for one dont think its a good idea. My first trip, I was shroomin and i started drinking a beer. Only one beer! I started puking it was terrible. That threw me into a bad trip. I suggest smoking the herb during the trip or before it or afterwards :smile:

Lastly, I think this community would all tell you to go to www.erowid.org and read until your mind bleeds with the juicy fruits of knowlege.

Sage wisdom. This is the advise that you were looking for, so heed it. Another bit of advise...Keep your dosage low and managable, taking too much is almost a sure fired recipe for a long, scary trip.

2 grams max!! If you feel that you need more after an hour then go ahead, at least you'll have an idea whats going on. :grin:

With Perfect Love,

Phungi

--------------------
"Don't Steal. The government hates competition!!"

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: phungi]
    #5883751 - 07/21/06 06:53 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

don't drink alchohol before or during.
there's really no way of speeding up a trip or making yourself more sober. (that i know of?)
trip with your friend's the first time. be prepared to leave them and go do something else if you feel you have to.

other than that, almost everyone has good first trips.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5883775 - 07/21/06 07:17 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

One way I like to dose it, is get a cup, grind up the shrooms in small bits, put them in the cup, then squirt a good amount of lemon juice in the cup, let the shrooms soak in the lemon juice for about 5 to 10 min-utes

this will cover up the taste completely, and will also be easier to digest, just slam the cup like a shot

the lemon juice I heard kinda amplifies the trip alittle from its acidic content

Offlinehabitat0789
Insomniac
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: capliberty]
    #5883909 - 07/21/06 08:59 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

capliberty said:
One way I like to dose it, is get a cup, grind up the shrooms in small bits, put them in the cup, then squirt a good amount of lemon juice in the cup, let the shrooms soak in the lemon juice for about 5 to 10 min-utes

this will cover up the taste completely, and will also be easier to digest, just slam the cup like a shot

the lemon juice I heard kinda amplifies the trip alittle from its acidic content

uhh i dont reccomend this for a first timer, just make a peanutbutter sandwich or grindem up and put m in oj.

--------------------

ilove my woods...

Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: habitat0789]
    #5883938 - 07/21/06 09:24 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

the come-up can cause some anxiety for the first hour. you may feel nauseous after an hour or so also. Bud can help but it may also intensify the trip, so if you arent sure you're enjoying it I wouldnt recommend it.

I always puke, but feel fine after, so dont hold back if its getting to you. I frequently puke twice during the trip (i have a very weak stomach). Others dont have any problems with nasuea.

No way to stop it or slow it down that I know of. 1 or 1.5g is a good dose for a first timer. You'll get a good feel for it without going to far.

I've had some physically uncomfortable trips but never a bad one. Setting is everything. Be somewhere safe with people you trust.

Have Fun!
D

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: phungi]
    #5884339 - 07/21/06 12:35 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

phungi said:
Quote:

Phishe said:

Sage wisdom. This is the advise that you were looking for, so heed it. Another bit of advise...Keep your dosage low and managable, taking too much is almost a sure fired recipe for a long, scary trip.

2 grams max!! If you feel that you need more after an hour then go ahead, at least you'll have an idea whats going on. :grin:

With Perfect Love,

Phungi

Right on the money. Just keep your dose low untill you understand whats going on. Once you get a feel for tripping you can up it, but i find that 2g dose trips are just as fun as 3-4g. After that is a whole new ball game.

And i love a beer after i start coming down, usually around hour 4-5 ill start drinking to ease the transition, and relax enough to go to bed.

And bring pot, you will want it during the come up anxiety, but dont get blazed, it tends to just make everything fuzzy, and blurry, if your baked.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineEraserhead
Lost Soul
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: dizzim]
    #5885422 - 07/21/06 07:05 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dizzim said:
I always puke, but feel fine after, so don't hold back if its getting to you. I frequently puke twice during the trip (i have a very weak stomach). Others don't have any problems with nausea.

I Happen to actually enjoy the taste of cubes, but about 3/4 the way through my trip, I start puking every 10-20 minutes, considering taking a dose of Dramamine with my trip next time try to prevent this...

However puking is definitely an interesting experience while tripping.

To the OP, have a good trip and don't chow through more than 2-3 grams your first time. Do like everyone above said, and read read read, be ready for anything, and remember to enjoy the experience....

--------------------

Offlinehabitat0789
Insomniac
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: Eraserhead]
    #5886280 - 07/22/06 12:26 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Eraserhead said:
Quote:

dizzim said:
I always puke, but feel fine after, so don't hold back if its getting to you.  I frequently puke twice during the trip (i have a very weak stomach).  Others don't have any problems with nausea.

I Happen to actually enjoy the taste of cubes, but about 3/4 the way through my trip, I start puking every 10-20 minutes, considering taking a dose of Dramamine with my trip next time try to prevent this...

However puking is definitely an interesting experience while tripping.

To the OP, have a good trip and don't chow through more than 2-3 grams your first time. Do like everyone above said, and read read read, be ready for anything, and remember to enjoy the experience....

mushrooms make my stomach happy :mushroom2:

--------------------

ilove my woods...

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: First-timer with some questions [Re: fijim27]
    #5886299 - 07/22/06 12:36 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Make sure you're in a place where you won't have to move if you don't want to, but you can if you feel the need. Some music is alright, but nothing too intense, keep the volume pretty low too, almost as if it were coming from another room. Make sure the lights are comfortable for you. Make sure no figures of authority come around to make things shitty, but all in all, let the experience happen, you don't need to protect yourself and stay couped up the whole time, experience it to its fullest extent, life is something totally different and splendid on mushrooms, don't waste the chance.

If you feel like you have to puke, lay down and try to get comfortable, and if you still feel the need, go for it, but make sure to prop yourself up, I remember puking and it felt like I was spinning around the world while It spun around me.

Also, friends, are the ultimate trip toy, they can provide endless amounts of fun.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies