Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5880577 - 07/20/06 07:32 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

A lot of psychedelic users fall into opiate/alcohol/benzo/etc addiction after many trips to "heal" their ego...this is a fact. To shut it off and deny them is to live outside of reality. We'd be bullshitting everyone if we acted like all our members do are eat mushrooms, LSD, and smoke weed.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
    #5880588 - 07/20/06 07:38 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
i was requested to post this.

Re: r u serious?
why don't you( with my permission), post these messages in a public forum?

make sure you specify the fact I have given u permission, or else the wrath will fall from the heavens on you.

Quote truekimbo2:
oh!, yeah defintely. i don't really mean all opiate users though, and i also don't mean just opiates, i was picking on them in particular due to personal bias.

more exactly, i do not believe that the shroomery is the proper place for daily or almost daily abusers of opiates/cocaine/crack/alchohol/amphetamines/methamphetamines.

i like my metaphor of a party. i go to parties where poeple do E, acid, shrooms, K, ect. i avoid parties or poeple that are doing the above substances.

Quote nakors_junk_bag :
about the fact that you may sriously be considering the validity of opiate users on the org.

Quote truekimbo2:
about what?

Quote nakors_junk_bag:
well are you?

you miss represented me, the most heinous of things you can do on a forum.

let me set the rcord straight.

stand by yall.

--------------------
Asshole

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: nakors_junk_bag]
    #5880590 - 07/20/06 07:39 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Don't worry, none of it makes sense anyway.

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Organic]
    #5880598 - 07/20/06 07:47 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

sorry, got side tracked, politics, be right back.

--------------------
Asshole

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #5880605 - 07/20/06 07:50 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
i believe there is a large differnce bettween the users of differnt drugs. mushroom users are differnt from ketamine users are differnt from meth users are differnt from heroin users are differnt from pot smokers

I've used and/or still used all of the drugs and more, I don't fit into your stereo types.

Intolerance is the backbone of prohibition/the war on drugs, why do you feel the need to propagate such attitudes?

There are no bad drugs, only bad users. ie: You cant blame crack or heroin because some users cant control their usage.
Responsibility lies with the person, not the substance.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #5880609 - 07/20/06 07:50 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

how did i miss represent you? i copy pasted exactly all of our PMs up to that point?

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5880608 - 07/20/06 07:50 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

or they can use psychedelics to heal the damage from the opiates/alcohol/benzos as well

this is exactly what I ended up doing(tho I am not over the addiction I have pulled out of the extremely painful depression I was in)...I am now reintegrating myself into society...and I owe this to lsd...but I didn't even plan for it heal me the way it did...I knew it could from past experiences but I thought I was too far gone...I was just desperate and had the acid...so I figured anything was better then feeling withdrawl sober...and it ended up being the night that changed the way I look at things(not completely but I definitely see things in a more positive light)

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #5880613 - 07/20/06 07:52 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

why didn't u just post that yourself? and ya I have to agree with organic I have no idea what your point is...could u clarify?

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Hanky]
    #5880620 - 07/20/06 07:58 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

same here Hanky.

although i no longer use opiates, i don't have anything against people who do.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Asante]
    #5880622 - 07/20/06 07:58 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

as a community should we accept opiate users?

:eek:

Emm.. Err..

:eek:

Ehmmm..

It seems pretty obvious to me that our Opiate using members should continue to find an online home, or refuge, at the Shroomery, and to me it seems outrageous if it were decided to "let them go". Knowing the admins, that fortuately will probably not happen too.

Opiate users offer us psychedelics users a peek down the rabbithole, just like we offer a peek down the rabbithole to them. As I see it as an ODD mod, the Shroomery experience has a positive influence on reducing and preventing abuse of hard drugs for most members facing such issues.

The naive flirting with opiates by mostly our young members is a frightening trend, but it reflects what goes on throughout society, and in ODD it comes accompanied by expert advice by veteran members. On the whole, I feel, we do far more good than bad, which is convenient for a drug community website with a harm reduction agenda.

Freevibe is a fanclub of kids who make saying NO their lifestyle. If that helps them through their teenage years drugfree, hey, thats fine by me. But in contrast, I believe the Shroomery has prevented more factual abuse and bad choices than Freevibe ever did. Here you get the real dope on drugs, uncut by senseless propaganda by people who wouldn't know a drug if it bit them in the ass.

In my view we should welcome our hard drug brethren just like we do our non-drug members. We can't close our eyes to the world, and deprive them of us, or deprive us of them.
We are one people, let there be no divides between us.

Well said.

:heart: your posts.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5880627 - 07/20/06 08:00 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

my origional point was i was just curious to see how other poeple felt.

personally i feel we shouldn't have that stuff here, like i already said "but i am a biased bigot"

if you want my reasoning i'll post it on request.

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #5880631 - 07/20/06 08:02 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
my origional point was i was just curious to see how other poeple felt.

personally i feel we shouldn't have that stuff here, like i already said "but i am a biased bigot"

I for one would love to hear your reasoning.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #5880632 - 07/20/06 08:03 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:

--------------------

OfflineEmperorKuzco
somewhatfamiliar

#5880634 - 07/20/06 08:04 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Have we learned nothing from the mushrooms? What we need to do is love everybody regardless of what drugs they prefer. This is a community primarily devoted to the safe and informed use of psiliybin mushrooms, but anyone who wants to talk about other drugs in the Pub or ODD or even OTD should be free and welcome to do so.

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5880654 - 07/20/06 08:16 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

due to the chronology of posting, without much fault to you, my posts, or rather pms got jumbbled.

What I was asking you is, are you sreiously seeking an answer regarding your inquiry into whether opiate users should be allowed to post at the shroomery?

I was simply asking u, "r u serious"?

this is the point of origin, the hulckle to everyone's fin.

let us proceed from here.

--------------------
Asshole

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #5880663 - 07/20/06 08:21 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

This thread needs a poll!
Should opiate users be allowed to post here and discuss their drug of choice?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (07/20/06 08:21 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Hanky]
    #5880688 - 07/20/06 08:36 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

down with opiate usersssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabwaaaaaaaaauahaiopieriohtskdjbnfnmsdb fsdbfjksdgf sdhymcgnlubj

where is the I dont give fuck I would rather be dead than really acknowldge this thing as a real issue on the shroomery smiley?

maybe a smiley hanging from a rope with his purple eyes bulgihng forth in an epic portest against bigots?

--------------------
Asshole

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

#5880704 - 07/20/06 08:48 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

ah, nakor....

shut the fuck up! :evil:

--------------------
Asshole

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5880709 - 07/20/06 08:50 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

(sorry for the spelling mistakes, i've completely forgotten correct spelling. also, math.)

kind of snotty i know, but i'll start with what the mushrooms have taught me: that i have a limited amount of energy and an open mind, there are lots of poeple that just being in thier prescence harms me. its taught me how to avoid being around poeple that will directly or mentally harm me and how to seek and relate to poeple that compliment who i am and what i need out of life. mushrooms have given me visions of a "Better" life/world and given me the mental technology and understanding to help create such a world. (or so i feel).
On none of my trips have i learned the importance of loving everyone, although i have learned how to minimize the harm i might cause myself or others by learning to detach from poeple that i naturally conflict with.

okay so to switch gears.

although i origionally came to shroomery purely for information, i stayed because i found likeminded and otherwise complimentary poeple.
one major theme that seems to be common to psychedelic users is the desire to experiance more/learn more/see more/do more/feel more/be healthier/be smarter/be happier/be safer/make the world a better place. even the poeple who take psychedelics just to party and who may not be intelligent enough to see all the mental aspects, if they're serious about thier prefernce for psychedelics and not using them as just sporadic things because its drugs and they're available, even those poeple are still longing for and contributing towards something better, even if its just a better party.
if we were to sterotype poeple by the drugs they use (which seems to be pretty valid) all these things are found in psychedelic users that are not found in users of other drugs.

i should make a little note here about poly drug use, since most of use many differnt drugs. i have no problem with the other drugs being used, i think drugs are wonderful. my problem is with poeple who's preference is in the other classes of drugs i mentioned, or poeple who's lifestyles are built around those other classes of drugs.

users of other drugs tend to not have all those qualities i listed in the same amount that psychedelic users do.

so anyhow, my reasoning for not wanting to see posts/encourage shroomery members to discuss those other drugs is twofold (or really threefold).

a) i believe that the shroomery is more than an information resource. i believe we're an actual community. i think being a community being fully open to all types of drug use harms us in the sense that it dilutes the strength of those memebers that are primarily psychedelic in nature. a decreased ratio of truely psychedelic poeple (a term i'm going to use to describe poeple who have the characteristics i listed in the first paragraph) to non-truely psychedelic poeple has the same effect that the rest of the culture we're seeking to escape does: it distracts us, weakens our ability to focus on that which makes ourselves and the world a better place. lowers the probability that benificial interactions will take place and increases the chance of negative interactions taking place.

b) for poeple that are just getting into drugs, are just getting into psychedelics i believe we need to set an example. when poeple come here i would be sad if they didn't get a glimpse of truely psychedelic poeple. or if that glimpse was next to visions of less than truely psychedelic poeple. i believe part of the responsibility of the truely psychedelic people here at the shroomery is to make sure that the people who come here after us don't get mixed messages.
i feel like alot of people wind up as wasted potential because they don't have an environment that supports who they could be. i feel we should do our best to make sure that we support the truely psychedelic.

c) i find habitual users of the other drugs personally distasteful.

i'm real sorry if you disagree with me, but like i said. its just my opinion. i didn't even start this thread with this post, just a question.

edit: whats more is i don't believe its the shroomery's duty to act as an information source on non-psychedelics. there are plenty of niche resources on the web for whatever drugs you're interested in.

2nd edit: i'm having to use alot of generalizations. i think ALOT of behavior and ideas fall into the psychedelic catagory. i realise i'm coming off a little hitlerish, but thats only because its very difficult to create a general description of what constitutes a person or a post that is psychedelic vs a person or a post that isn't.

--------------------

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/20/06 08:58 AM)

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #5880803 - 07/20/06 09:42 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
edit: eh i'm going to be even less strict, and say anyone who the above drugs are thier drug of choice.

fi i had a daily supply methadone would be my daily drug of choice.  hate me for it?  disown me?

fine, just never let me in your house.  i might steal your lamp  :smirk:

i really don't care.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom