Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Cracka_X]
    #5883600 - 07/21/06 03:18 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

actual dying will be a scary event for me aleast, why because it raises uncertainity, also I might not want to leave it all behind,

but being paranoid about death, and always fearing it is not how I look at it either,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Do you fear death? [Re: capliberty]
    #5883646 - 07/21/06 04:36 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

there is no final solution
i mean I can be afraid of death
or not afraid in different contexts (sets and settings or attitudes),
and if I fix it have I actually not just shifted context (temporarily)?
and if I did shift
is it important enought to fight to stay shifted?

is it something I should even need to fix?

I mean it is inevitable, I don't need to deny that,
any scheme of denial is possible, I do muse about that, but not that much.

gladly there is no final solution (or fixed shifting of context of mind) nor single approach or attitude worth holding, as everything is symphonically in flux; and I am trying to make sense out of the patterns.

(BTW, I am not stoned, that is just how I think)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5883666 - 07/21/06 05:09 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gladly there is no final solution (or fixed shifting of context of mind) nor single approach or attitude worth holding, as everything is symphonically in flux; and I am trying to make sense out of the patterns.

I feel like that statement is contradictory to itself. You say there's no final solution. But then you recognize there are patterns in life.

I'm on the verge of believing we don't control over our destiny as easily as many believe. We make decisions that I feel are affected indirectly by what we see, hear, and feel throughout our lives. Maybe you had a dream and subconsciously you have some far out thoughts that wouldn't make sense to your conscious mind. Then lets say there's a scenario where you have to make a choice and you went off of something that went on in your dream.

whether that choice scored the game winning goal, found the love of your life, saved your life, made you money, or whatever; I can't help but think of how everything just falls in place so well that it couldn't have been pre-destined.

I don't want to say we don't have control over our fate but there's times in my life where I've approached some ironic instances that seemed too good to be true.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#5883722 - 07/21/06 06:20 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

there is a paradox in it, which appears contradictory - highlighting opposing movements or postures that lean against eachother for support.

the patterns exist and shift, exhaust themselves and reappear differently, it is lovely in that way, and really not final.

Quote:

whether that choice scored the game winning goal, found the love of your life, saved your life, made you money, or whatever; I can't help but think of how everything just falls in place so well that it couldn't have been pre-destined

all these 'quanta' are unfinished business, states that fall together, nestling in compatible positions but not into final place.

more of a dancing tableau than a static pattern, paradoxical but you can and have to keep getting into synch with it.

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #5883744 - 07/21/06 06:40 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
there is a paradox in it, which appears contradictory - highlighting opposing movements or postures that lean against eachother for support.

the patterns exist and shift, exhaust themselves and reappear differently, it is lovely in that way, and really not final.

Quote:

whether that choice scored the game winning goal, found the love of your life, saved your life, made you money, or whatever; I can't help but think of how everything just falls in place so well that it couldn't have been pre-destined

all these 'quanta' are unfinished business, states that fall together, nestling in compatible positions but not into final place.

more of a dancing tableau than a static pattern, paradoxical but you can and have to keep getting into synch with it.

it's wild...

I'm up to Organic Chemistry and with comparing to what I see in my everyday life, we all seek equilibrium. We are all electrons with greater affinities for other certain electrons. If the bond is not strong enough, it will break until it finds a molecule, which also has an unpaired electron. We all want to be comfortable with as less strain as possible. The chem metaphor may be irrelevant but I can't help but think about it.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#5883802 - 07/21/06 07:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

your point is plenty relavent IMO

--------------------

Offlinemichael_lifshitz
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: here
    #5884019 - 07/21/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I suppose these fundamental patterns of existence manifest themselves all the way up to us.

I do not sit here and contemplate death, ever. I do not mind that it is coming, but if I were to have to stare it in the face, I would be scared. I seek to change this with some kind of practice of meditation. I want to gain the ability to be completely mindfull, or at least a lot more mindfull, whenever I want.

Invisiblemalarki
Master Jack ofAll Trades,Realist
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ashittown, USA
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Syle]
    #5884278 - 07/21/06 12:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
Quote:

Cracka_X said:
Quote:

malarki said:
"Attention leads to immortality. Carelessness leads to death. Those who pays attention will not die, while the careless are as good as dead already. With his mind free from the inflow of thoughts and from restlessness, by abandoning both good and evil, an alert man knows no fear."
-
Gautama Buddha"

I have no fear of death, and my valor has essentially been the cause of my demise. No illusions in the dark I am here not to live altruistically. I have no fear of death, to fear such a thing is cowardly; Purposefully striding though life making a difference in others vitality is what begets my immortality.

No false truths and wasted time frivolously vocalizing. We are all here to live and die, with aspiration reproduction in the process.
All I hope for is to make the transition between waiting to die and starting to live the beginning of many sentient beings futures.
I am a firm believer what you think is what you make happen. If you meander though life afraid of death it is certain you will make it your reality.

I have stared death in the face, staying 100 percent clam and clear is what enabled me to control how my survival unfolded, and emancipate my life. As someone once said to me, "You are either the luckiest person alive, or you are extremely talented."  I don't believe it's either. IF you have control over your mind, you have control over your body; therefore, you have control over your existence.
Why waste time pondering reality, and the inevitable? We all will die.

I will anticipate death, but once again gaze into deaths eyes and express I am at peace with all creation... I have no fear of death.

My only distress is people wooing my death, and not embracing it.  :sunny:

I feel that...  I just want to give you a hug.

Very well put malark. do you meditate?

Yes, and often. I practice Reiki and Astral Projection. It is the ONLY way to live for me:) I have been for years. I am not religious but I do follow along with many Buddhist ways of life and thoughts :smile: and I have been happier since I incorporated them into my mediation.

--------------------
~*~I'm also an educated guesser, and knowledge seeker :smile: If I haven't done it, I know someone who has. IF I don't know, I know someone who does! I am a realist so deal with it, if you don't like it you can choose to not read it!

OfflineShattered

Re: Do you fear death? [Re: malarki]
    #5884434 - 07/21/06 01:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I would be upset at people close to me dying, but I don't fear my death. I hate to say it but most of the time I look forward to it.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Pithlit]
    #5884476 - 07/21/06 01:35 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

How can you be afraid of something you cannot experience?

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5885192 - 07/21/06 05:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Well, while no one here has experienced death per say, everyone knows they will experience it eventually.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #5885247 - 07/21/06 06:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

"Wow, this is a pretty childish statement that has no solid prooves."

Thank you for the compliment...I try to keep myself young mentally, if not physically, BUT as far as solid "prooves"..... If you mean "proof" I have have some. It is this: We all seek to avoid death. Is this due to NOT fearing it? No this is due to our biological imperative to avoid it. This is experienced as fear when we see a life threatening situation approach. Death is the only thing in life that there is to fear. To apply the emotion of fear to any decision in life that does not concern the protection of our lives is where fear becomes irrational. Most people's problem is NOT the natural fear of death....but the fear of life...the fear of living one's life to the fullest and being who we really are.

"Death is the only wise adviser that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you that you're wrong; that nothing really matters outside its touch. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet."

"One of us here has to change, and fast. One of us here has to learn again that death is the hunter, and that it is always to one's left. One of us here has to ask death's advice, and drop the cursed pettiness that belongs to men that live their lives as if death will never tap them."

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Basilides]
    #5885503 - 07/21/06 07:27 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

On the other hand, we 'expire' every time we breath out, and according to a Buddhist metapsychology, every 'inspiration' and 'expiration' we take is the cycle of birth-death occurring. At one of these 'expirations,' an 'inspiration' will not follow, and in that moment, nothing alien to us will occur, just death. Prior to the final expiration, the elements will begin to leave. We'll become heavy as the Earth element leaves, and thirsty as the Water element leaves, and cold as the Fire element leaves. Finally, the Air element will depart as well leaving us in the quintessential element, Aether or Spirit - Consciousness. It is then that the Clear Light of Unmitigated Reality dawns. Ain Soph Aur - The Limitless Light. Will we embrace the Infinity of its expansiveness as the Freedom we have always sought, or will we cringe in fear seeking ANY dark womb to regress into? By GOD, this is the Final Free Fall with no parachute needed because there is no Ground to hit. Like Carlos Casteneda leaping from the cliff and ending the book by saying "Then I was alone," we won't 'be alone' if we're being 'All One.' The Liberation, the Nirvana is the Realization that we are, and have always been the Clear Light of the Void.

As my mother used to say: "Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!" If she only KNEW.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5885686 - 07/21/06 08:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Amazing post  :sun:

I've never seen a better descriptive of the dying process as I currently imagine the experience. "Becoming heavy" like a shadow, as the co-sustaining physical elements depart from the body and into the environment once again. When I was younger my father taught me that we are much like a glove, and within us we embody the truest form that a glove only represents. Of course, I think he's wrong - we ARE the hand benearth the glove, the spark of divinity made earthen. The body is merely wrapped around our essence, like a clothing. Gandhi spoke some about the importance of unwavering allegiance to Truth - and how the dissolution of the flesh shouldn't change one's reverence of Truth. What I like is his linguistic use... the "dissolution of the flesh". It implies that something REAL is being veiled beneath all the organs, veins, bones and nerve endings that make up the physical human being. The wheat is harvested and brought into the Barn and the tares are discarded.

So, I guess we're greeted with a two way at death: Two extremes, the absolute regression and rejection of death which becomes archetypal of womb-dom once again, or absolute Expression, the complete opposite of the womb-state, a plummet into unmitigated Reality. I never cease to imagine what the Glory is like though - Pure Simplicity of Being.. becoming water almost..and ironically Love flows through life and is directed only by what is earthen; to what admits, molds and allows it to express. And it always becomes Oceanic again.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5885868 - 07/21/06 09:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

We will all experience dieing.

OfflinePithlit
Stranger in astrange Land
Male

Loc: Germany
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5901070 - 07/26/06 04:40 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If you die in your sleep, i don´t think there will be much "experiencing" since you are basically unconcious during that time.

OfflineDeviate
    #5901074 - 07/26/06 04:44 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yes and no. i think i fear feeling my body giving out but i dont fear death itself, i am actually very interested in what it will be like and what will follow.  :wink:

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Deviate]
    #5901093 - 07/26/06 05:09 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I fear death only as a loss of life. Although I may not wish to die, I am fully aware that I shall die, and I believe it to be nothing more than a state of nonexistance and physical decay.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Wasteland]
    #5901219 - 07/26/06 06:31 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I have no desire to willingly get off this ride called life, with out a fight. If I have any means of warding off death, I will try.

I like the life I have now, and will fight death tooth and nail, as long as I feel there is more for me to do here.

If I'm on an airplane that's falling from the sky, I will face my death with no fear, knowing that I have done everything God wanted me to do, and will be eager for the next challenge.

It isn't really a fear of death, that I have, but a great love of my life.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: niteowl]
    #5905442 - 07/27/06 01:55 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

heres a quote by Talib Kweli that pretty much sums up whether or not you should fear death.......

"Your only scared to die when you ain't livin' right"

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains