Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #5882364 - 07/20/06 07:09 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I rather agree with you - it is first chakra psychology. Even that psychophysical center on the physical side of it responds in a close call with death, or threat of death, by opening both the psychic center and the physical sphincter. Viola! We shit ourselves.

I believe that this psychology waxes and wanes. I had a preoccupation with morbidity as a child. I'd hang skeletons on my door, watch monster movies. By high school my Eros [sex] had overcome my preoccupation with Thanatos [death], but in college I began to take a new interest in the occult, beginning with the silly commercial Satanic Bible craze, at the same time Alice Cooper was hanging himself on stage, groups like D.O.A. were out, etc. My occult studies gave rise to a very successful astral projection and my fear of death really did leave for the next several years. Ecstatic acid trips sometimes had me asking God to "take me now." As I matured, and became more ensconced (not so much integrated) in worldliness (marriage, career) the aversion to death began to creep back in again (fewer psychedelic booster shots). I'm in midlife and I realize that my contemporaries and those younger than me are dying. I embody the aversion and fear along with a realism that informs me to 'Be prepared' (as the Boy Scout motto says). One of my hopes is to live to a ripe age. As a developmentalist, I'm aware that a relatively small percentage of Octagenarians (80+) fear death. I asked my late 103 year old uncle once (lived to 106) and he said it was "no big deal if I don't wake up tomorrow."

When I was 22 years old, I could get behind that lyric in Quicksilver Messenger Service's song 'Who Do You Love' "...I've got a graveyard head [hand?] and a tombstone mind...just 22 and I don't mind dying..." Yep, I was free, uninvolved, high all the time and ready to go! Youth. Now I'm 53 and I'm not ready. I might have to get ready, maybe in a real hurry (ya never know), but I hope not!  :eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Pithlit]
    #5882368 - 07/20/06 07:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I used to tell myself I wasn't afraid of death, but Lady Salvia taught me differently.

I'm not afraid of death...I'm terrified.

But yeah, I'll die, go into the night...I'll just do it kicking and screaming :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you fear death? [Re: trendal]
    #5882433 - 07/20/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Once you have been one with the universe on 5 grams of shrooms you won't fear death anymore. Well at least it worked for me.

Yeah this may give u confidence in dealing with an uncertain fate, but look I've token 10grams before and experienced ego death, it was scary in its own right, shoot I went into a semi comatic state, but as gone as I was I knew I wasn't in trouble from a death standpoint,

but this isn't nearly as scary as when one had to fight off death for real, I'm talking serious implications, going to emergency room and fighting something internally thats trying to kill you and u know it, and u weren't expecting it, and ur hallucinating all kinds crazy ass shit thats attacking u, ur mind will tell u between whats a rough trip, and what maybe a ending trip, and their is a big difference, most young people don't naturally accept death as being their time, those who are totally expecting it may have a better transition, but if ur young and u face it, I'm going to say ur not going naturally accept it as ur time, and this is the scary part, unless in the back ur head, u don't have a chance, even though your still somewhat alive, such as getting mutilated by a car wreck, and being in a comma, then it maybe easier to accept ur fate, as long as theirs a fighting chance, and u want to still live, then the uncertainty of the experience will be terrifying, which is what I'm talking about, I'm not talking about everyday paranoia, and maybe being chicken shit off one of my irresponsible highs,

Edited by capliberty (07/20/06 07:43 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: trendal]
    #5882435 - 07/20/06 07:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Kicking and screaming is exactly what I don't want. Probably come right out of another vagina into a delivery room and forget where I've come from!  :shocked: Oh no-o-o-o-o-o !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invisiblemalarki
Master Jack ofAll Trades,Realist
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ashittown, USA
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Cracka_X]
    #5882469 - 07/20/06 07:55 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

"Attention leads to immortality. Carelessness leads to death. Those who pays attention will not die, while the careless are as good as dead already. With his mind free from the inflow of thoughts and from restlessness, by abandoning both good and evil, an alert man knows no fear."
-
Gautama Buddha"

I have no fear of death, and my valor has essentially been the cause of my demise. No illusions in the dark I am here not to live altruistically. I have no fear of death, to fear such a thing is cowardly; Purposefully striding though life making a difference in others vitality is what begets my immortality.

No false truths and wasted time frivolously vocalizing. We are all here to live and die, with aspiration reproduction in the process.
All I hope for is to make the transition between waiting to die and starting to live the beginning of many sentient beings futures.
I am a firm believer what you think is what you make happen. If you meander though life afraid of death it is certain you will make it your reality.

I have stared death in the face, staying 100 percent clam and clear is what enabled me to control how my survival unfolded, and emancipate my life. As someone once said to me, "You are either the luckiest person alive, or you are extremely talented."  I don't believe it's either. IF you have control over your mind, you have control over your body; therefore, you have control over your existence.
Why waste time pondering reality, and the inevitable? We all will die.

I will anticipate death, but once again gaze into deaths eyes and express I am at peace with all creation... I have no fear of death.

My only distress is people wooing my death, and not embracing it.  :sunny:

--------------------
~*~I'm also an educated guesser, and knowledge seeker :smile: If I haven't done it, I know someone who has. IF I don't know, I know someone who does! I am a realist so deal with it, if you don't like it you can choose to not read it!

Edited by malarki (07/20/06 08:06 PM)

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5882476 - 07/20/06 07:57 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Kicking and screaming is exactly what I don't want. Probably come right out of another vagina into a delivery room and forget where I've come from!  :shocked: Oh no-o-o-o-o-o !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

The idea of rebirth is almost as terrifying to me as non-consciousness/death of consciousness. When I do walk in the valley of death, I'll be saying to myself in repetition "God is Great" until I lose all medical consciousness. I don't want to come back to this place.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Basilides]
    #5882515 - 07/20/06 08:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

IF you have control over you mind, you have control over your body; therefore, you have control over your existence.

Let me be poignant, everyones brave right now, but when its ur time and you know it, fear is going to be one of ur expressions, I mean come on its like taking a carnival ride, but not knowing anything to expect, and knowing ur not getting off,

I mean I guess if ur base jumping and u "go in", maybe theirs not much time to be scared and this is a good reason to jump, because death maybe instantaneous, still I'd imagine it being a rough transition,

but as far as everyday life, no u shouldn't walk around being scared of death, or be afraid of its coming, but live not worrying and have positive attitude about ur ending outcome,

Edited by capliberty (07/20/06 08:24 PM)

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: Do you fear death? [Re: capliberty]
    #5882731 - 07/20/06 08:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

death is an illusion

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

Re: Do you fear death? [Re: capliberty]
    #5882772 - 07/20/06 08:57 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

capliberty said:
Quote:

IF you have control over you mind, you have control over your body; therefore, you have control over your existence.

Let me be poignant, everyones brave right now, but when its ur time and you know it, fear is going to be one of ur expressions, I mean come on its like taking a carnival ride, but not knowing anything to expect, and knowing ur not getting off,

I mean I guess if ur base jumping and u "go in", maybe theirs not much time to be scared and this is a good reason to jump, because death maybe instantaneous, still I'd imagine it being a rough transition,

but as far as everyday life, no u shouldn't walk around being scared of death, or be afraid of its coming, but live not worrying and have positive attitude about ur ending outcome,

I am being serious. Before you come to a conclusion maybe you should ask more questions? So you tell me now? If You were on a motorcycle going over 100 mph and crashed head first into a culvert. Would you show fear?

I can say from experience I have not. When death stares you in the face.. A realist accepts it. But still remains in control. I am one to talk from experience. I should have been dead... MOTORCYCLE = WALL??? let's see who should win???  hahahaha I did... And I am still telling you I am not afraid of death.

:dancing:  :dancing:  :lol:

--------------------
~*~I'm also an educated guesser, and knowledge seeker :smile: If I haven't done it, I know someone who has. IF I don't know, I know someone who does! I am a realist so deal with it, if you don't like it you can choose to not read it!

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: malarki]
    #5882825 - 07/20/06 09:14 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

we are all talking as if we are watching death approach us and snuff us out while we spectate. what if it happens unbeknownst (sp? haha) to us? say, an anvil dropping from the sky...

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: malarki]
    #5882829 - 07/20/06 09:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

malarki said:
"Attention leads to immortality. Carelessness leads to death. Those who pays attention will not die, while the careless are as good as dead already. With his mind free from the inflow of thoughts and from restlessness, by abandoning both good and evil, an alert man knows no fear."
-
Gautama Buddha"

I have no fear of death, and my valor has essentially been the cause of my demise. No illusions in the dark I am here not to live altruistically. I have no fear of death, to fear such a thing is cowardly; Purposefully striding though life making a difference in others vitality is what begets my immortality.

No false truths and wasted time frivolously vocalizing. We are all here to live and die, with aspiration reproduction in the process.
All I hope for is to make the transition between waiting to die and starting to live the beginning of many sentient beings futures.
I am a firm believer what you think is what you make happen. If you meander though life afraid of death it is certain you will make it your reality.

I have stared death in the face, staying 100 percent clam and clear is what enabled me to control how my survival unfolded, and emancipate my life. As someone once said to me, "You are either the luckiest person alive, or you are extremely talented."  I don't believe it's either. IF you have control over your mind, you have control over your body; therefore, you have control over your existence.

I will anticipate death, but once again gaze into deaths eyes and express I am at peace with all creation... I have no fear of death.

I feel that...  I just want to give you a hug.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

#5882855 - 07/20/06 09:29 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

~*~ hugz back :smile:

--------------------

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

#5883216 - 07/20/06 11:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cracka_X said:
Quote:

malarki said:
-
Gautama Buddha"

I feel that...  I just want to give you a hug.

Very well put malark. do you meditate?

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Pithlit]
    #5883251 - 07/20/06 11:42 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

nope, I dont see any reason to be, its as natural, as birth.
I cant believe sometimes I made it this far. :cool:
And this isn,t BS talk, I once tried to kill myself, of course
it failed, cause I,m here now.
Then a couple years ago I found out, I had problems, and I
had to face that demon, and I believe, I won .
So every day from then on has been gravy. :cool:

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: rod]
    #5883354 - 07/21/06 12:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

rod said:
nope, I dont see any reason to be, its as natural, as birth.
I cant believe sometimes I made it this far. :cool:
And this isn,t BS talk, I once tried to kill myself, of course
it failed, cause I,m here now.
Then a couple years ago I found out, I had problems, and I
had to face that demon, and I believe, I won .
So every day from then on has been gravy. :cool:

Crazy how simple it is.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#5883450 - 07/21/06 01:21 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

"your only scared to die when you ain't livin' right"--Talib Kweli
peace ezy

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #5883465 - 07/21/06 01:34 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I feel like i don't fear death as much, after my first acid trip.

Offlinemichael_lifshitz
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: here
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: Phishe]
    #5883476 - 07/21/06 01:40 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I do fear death. If I were going to die right now, I would be unsettled. I still have so much to experience.

OfflineJcheech
Stranger
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: michael_lifshitz]
    #5883489 - 07/21/06 01:47 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

death is nothing. its getting there thats the hard part.
"life is an unpleasant interruption to tranquility"

--------------------
all of the information i post is untrue and false. i dont grow illegal substances. i respect the drug laws...

:laugh:

Edited by Jcheech (07/21/06 01:59 AM)

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Do you fear death? [Re: michael_lifshitz]
    #5883578 - 07/21/06 02:59 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

michael_lifshitz said:
I do fear death. If I were going to die right now, I would be unsettled. I still have so much to experience.

But you probably couldn't recognize that notion being dead though.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom