Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
as a community should we accept opiate users?
    #5880405 - 07/20/06 05:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

every once in a while i see a post like this:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5878769/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

this is by no means the only one, also i've noticed we have a current drug alert for fentanyl sold as heroin.

just curious if this is something that exsists kind of on the outskirts of our board because most of us don't really feel strongly one way or another about it, or as a community do we accept ALL drug users?

the only type of drug user i've seen openly abused is the poeple who can't spell and post trip reports for taking benzos/alchohol/vicodans together and getting real fuxored.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/20/06 05:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5880406 - 07/20/06 05:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

of all my time here ,basically everything one could take into a body has been used,,abused,and used some more...

opiates are probably one of the last things that would be outed from this place

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #5880432 - 07/20/06 05:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I see no problem with it...this is why Other Drugs Discussion exists. Why should it matter if they get high on opiates instead of mushrooms?

--------------------

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#5880457 - 07/20/06 06:13 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Besides being a great source of mushroom info, is this site also not dedicated to harm reduction?

Why would we oust any user for their choice of drug?

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5880477 - 07/20/06 06:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

as a community should we accept opiate users?

:eek:

Emm.. Err..

:eek:

Ehmmm..

It seems pretty obvious to me that our Opiate using members should continue to find an online home, or refuge, at the Shroomery, and to me it seems outrageous if it were decided to "let them go". Knowing the admins, that fortuately will probably not happen too.

Opiate users offer us psychedelics users a peek down the rabbithole, just like we offer a peek down the rabbithole to them. As I see it as an ODD mod, the Shroomery experience has a positive influence on reducing and preventing abuse of hard drugs for most members facing such issues.

The naive flirting with opiates by mostly our young members is a frightening trend, but it reflects what goes on throughout society, and in ODD it comes accompanied by expert advice by veteran members. On the whole, I feel, we do far more good than bad, which is convenient for a drug community website with a harm reduction agenda.

Freevibe is a fanclub of kids who make saying NO their lifestyle. If that helps them through their teenage years drugfree, hey, thats fine by me. But in contrast, I believe the Shroomery has prevented more factual abuse and bad choices than Freevibe ever did. Here you get the real dope on drugs, uncut by senseless propaganda by people who wouldn't know a drug if it bit them in the ass.

In my view we should welcome our hard drug brethren just like we do our non-drug members. We can't close our eyes to the world, and deprive them of us, or deprive us of them.
We are one people, let there be no divides between us.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblemalarki
Master Jack ofAll Trades,Realist
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ashittown, USA
Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Schwip]
    #5880478 - 07/20/06 06:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Personally I had an addiction to OC's ... Its sucks.. Opium makes heroin you know?? But This resorts back to the question... Why do we accept opiate users and not methamphetamine? They are both highly addictive. Opiates are physically addictive and mentally addictive. Methamphetamine is only mental... And MDMA is a form of Amphetamine yet it is accepted.... SO let the debate begin!!!!

Personally as long as you aren't bangin it... GO for it. Whatever floats ur boat!

--------------------
~*~I'm also an educated guesser, and knowledge seeker :smile: If I haven't done it, I know someone who has. IF I don't know, I know someone who does! I am a realist so deal with it, if you don't like it you can choose to not read it!

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5880480 - 07/20/06 06:31 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i believe there is a large differnce bettween the users of differnt drugs. mushroom users are differnt from ketamine users are differnt from meth users are differnt from heroin users are differnt from pot smokers (poly drug use: same thing, weed/shrooms is differnt from dmt/acid is differnt from heroin/alchohol.)

i wouldn't mind poeple on mushrooms in my house, but i would very much mind poeple shooting heroin in my house.
also, i wouldn't mind poeple snorting E at a gathering, but i would mind poeple smoking crack.

just curious to see if most poeple support an all-inclusive drug community here or a closed one.

personally i support a more closed one, but i am a biased bigot.

--------------------

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/20/06 06:32 AM)

OfflineIamthewalrus Happy Birthday!
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #5880482 - 07/20/06 06:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think they should be outted...that goes against what the shroomery is about...some of us think that opiates are better off untouched, but that dosen't mean we shouldn't be able to discuss them...frankly thats the same kinda logic that has led to the problems we have with drug laws today

not only that but I believe ppl have the right to try opiates if they want...but I just think they should understand how serious they are before making the choice wheather to use them or not

basically I support what shulgin said in teh extasy report peter jennings did...he said he believes that everything that is known about a drug good and bad should be available to a person deciding wheather they want to use that drug or not

Edited by Iamthewalrus (07/20/06 06:35 AM)

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5880490 - 07/20/06 06:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i left out the point that there are lots of OTHER places for poeple to get info on opiates/other heavy drugs.

--------------------

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

#5880495 - 07/20/06 06:41 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
i believe there is a large differnce bettween the users of differnt drugs. mushroom users are differnt from ketamine users are differnt from meth users are differnt from heroin users are differnt from pot smokers (poly drug use: same thing, weed/shrooms is differnt from dmt/acid is differnt from heroin/alchohol.)

First (and not to pick on you but to make a point.) Can you cout the spelling errors on this part of the post alone?

I have never banged anything, but I have gone through phases of each of these. The only one I truly developed a problem with was Alcohol and Opiates mixed. But at the time, That was my choice. So what do I fit into now then? Not everyone fits into a neat little box for anyone's stereo types. I can say I don't fit into anyones box of what a perfect drug user is. And if you use drugs you should not judge others that use drugs of a different choice. Just because you believe it's right doesn't make it right. This is America we have freedom of speech just not freedom of choice in all matters.

Who is anyone to judge what others do? Who is perfect? Who is normal? What is normal? Who is to judge whats accepted?

--------------------
~*~I'm also an educated guesser, and knowledge seeker :smile: If I haven't done it, I know someone who has. IF I don't know, I know someone who does! I am a realist so deal with it, if you don't like it you can choose to not read it!

Edited by malarki (07/20/06 06:50 AM)

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: malarki]
    #5880498 - 07/20/06 06:43 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

*count* as i make one myself... I guess that's a second point.. even if it was a type-o :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #5880500 - 07/20/06 06:44 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Many people who enjoy psilocybin also enjoy other chemicals. What's so hard to understand about this? Should a person be limited to only one specific substance?

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: malarki]
    #5880502 - 07/20/06 06:48 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

This is America

Nope, this is the Shroomery.
Whatever the admins decree, goes. Other than cybercrime the admins can decide on anything they want. This is a private international organisation. We've got Dutchmen in a heatwave, Indian members growing cubies on elephant dung and Jewish members who are right now harboring refugees from the war. This is NOT america.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Asante]
    #5880512 - 07/20/06 06:56 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

This is America

Nope, this is the Shroomery.
Whatever the admins decree, goes. Other than cybercrime the admins can decide on anything they want. This is a private international organisation. We've got Dutchmen in a heatwave, Indian members growing cubies on elephant dung and Jewish members who are right now harboring refugees from the war. This is NOT america.

I stand corrected. Sometime I myself forget to think outside MY little box. > But I think that proves my last two points :smile:
(even you make spelling errors... *organization *America .. )

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
    #5880517 - 07/20/06 06:58 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

would you have a community if you didn't?

--------------------
Asshole

Invisiblemalarki
Female User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5880522 - 07/20/06 07:01 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Iamthewalrus said:
I don't think they should be outted...that goes against what the shroomery is about...some of us think that opiates are better off untouched, but that dosen't mean we shouldn't be able to discuss them...frankly thats the same kinda logic that has led to the problems we have with drug laws today

not only that but I believe ppl have the right to try opiates if they want...but I just think they should understand how serious they are before making the choice wheather to use them or not

basically I support what shulgin said in teh extasy report peter jennings did...he said he believes that everything that is known about a drug good and bad should be available to a person deciding wheather they want to use that drug or not

I think that it is an important and wise decision to be knowledgeable about drugs before doing any of them. I have made the mistake of not researching (younger smoking pot- this was a "normal" behavior in my family) but I have learned and now research, to the best of my ability, things that I put in my body. That is one of the best parts about these forums, we can converse about these things to help inform the uninformed!

--------------------

Offlinegrphish
the Modern dayPacman

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: nakors_junk_bag]
    #5880541 - 07/20/06 07:12 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

just let things be
why you gotta go and stir shit up
you know it only stinks when you stir shit

--------------------
BoUnCy BaLL IS All SoUrCe OF LIGhT AnD HaPPiNeSS!!~! *bEEP* *beEP*

Edited by trendal (07/20/06 07:54 AM)

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #5880543 - 07/20/06 07:14 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

So we can't be friends anymore :rolleyes:
I use opiates recreationally. I have for many years now. I'v done almost every opiate under the sun, and even used some intraveniously. I have never been an addict, i have never robbed anyone, i have never shared a needle, and i have never fucked a friend over.
Today after my girlfriend gets off of work, we are going to enjoy some poppy tea.
I wish you would get over your bias against opiate users. I met you at the gathering, and you seemed pretty cool. I would hate to think that you would look at me differant next time, because i occasionally embibe in opiate use.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: as a community should we accept opiate users? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #5880560 - 07/20/06 07:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i think i may not have been specific enough. i meant daily or semi-daily users of opiates/barbituates/alchohol/methamphetamine/cocaine/crack/ect.

edit: eh i'm going to be even less strict, and say anyone who the above drugs are thier drug of choice.

to refer to my origional post, i think posts on how to make shootable poppy extract are questionable.
also, posts about ODing or going through withdrawl outside the health and wellness are questionable.

--------------------

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/20/06 07:29 AM)

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#5880565 - 07/20/06 07:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i was requested to post this.

Re: r u serious?
why don't you( with my permission), post these messages in a public forum?

make sure you specify the fact I have given u permission, or else the wrath will fall from the heavens on you.

Quote truekimbo2:
oh!, yeah defintely. i don't really mean all opiate users though, and i also don't mean just opiates, i was picking on them in particular due to personal bias.

more exactly, i do not believe that the shroomery is the proper place for daily or almost daily abusers of opiates/cocaine/crack/alchohol/amphetamines/methamphetamines.

i like my metaphor of a party. i go to parties where poeple do E, acid, shrooms, K, ect. i avoid parties or poeple that are doing the above substances.

Quote nakors_junk_bag :
about the fact that you may sriously be considering the validity of opiate users on the org.

Quote truekimbo2:
about what?

Quote nakors_junk_bag:
well are you?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck