Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMeetMeInEleusis
employee,ministry oftruth

Loc: atop an isolated mountain...
What is the least contam prone substrate? *DELETED*
    #587677 - 03/23/02 10:01 PM (22 years, 10 days ago)

Post deleted by MeetMeInEleusis

Reason for deletion: /

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineestaesPACO
re-initiated

Loc: neither here nor there
Re: What is the least contam prone substrate? [Re: MeetMeInEleusis]
    #587874 - 03/24/02 05:29 AM (22 years, 9 days ago)

I am a complete novice shroom farmer (just sent off for my first spores Thursday as a matter of fact). So I could be completely wrong.

I would think that anywhere you provide a suitable place for shrooms, you open a playing field for a microscopic "kegger." And we all know how a kegger goes...You only want your friends to come, but the moment "Free Beer" is mentioned, you have everyone you don't want as your guests and not a single person you invited.

So, If my analogy is somewhat comprehensible (let alone true), The only contam-proof substrate is the one you take care to protect. It may take some isopropyl, Lysol, and above all, elbow grease, but it will definately be worth it in the end.

I lined the interior of my closet with utility grade greenhouse plastic (compliments of a local nursery....they usually have excess laying around). That was after spraying every cubic centimeter of the closet with lysol. Then Painstakingly made measurements and cut them out in the plastic. I secured it with Duct tape (but a staple gun would probably work much better).

IT WAS A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!! But now there's an 80% less chance of receiving a contam in the incubating/growing area.

Just take some care, because any substrate that is good for shrooms is even better for unwanted guests.

Peace
Esta

"HA!!! I'm not really growing Shrooms!!! You even believed me!!"

--------------------
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently ." - Nietzsche

Offlineiam_craig
laid back son ofa bitch
Loc: the state running away fr...
Re: What is the least contam prone substrate? [Re: estaesPACO]
    #587886 - 03/24/02 06:24 AM (22 years, 9 days ago)

if your worried about contams so much, use the puerto rican strain. i use them all the time (even my first time) and i never ever had a contam ever. i dont care what anyone says PUERTO RICANS ROCK!

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: What is the least contam prone substrate? [Re: MeetMeInEleusis]
    #587928 - 03/24/02 08:22 AM (22 years, 9 days ago)

PF

OfflineHisStudent
enthusiast

Re: What is the least contam prone substrate? [Re: estaesPACO]
    #588079 - 03/24/02 11:59 AM (22 years, 9 days ago)

microscopic "kegger." ..... thats friggen funny...roflmao

--------------------
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.
- Jack Handey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract