Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStroFun
Repeater

Loc: Mycotopia.net
Psychedelics and ADHD
    #5857449 - 07/14/06 09:25 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I’m sort of concerned about the negative effects of mushrooms.  I have read that mushrooms can bring out any mental disorders or whatever.  I am wondering if this is inclusive of ADHD as I haven’t been medicated for a while and I am noticing it is becoming apparent that I would once again benefit from medication.  I am wondering if anyone has a similar experience or any sort of evidence that this is true. :crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Loc: Dunder Mifflin
Re: Psychedelics and ADHD [Re: StroFun]
    #5857469 - 07/14/06 09:35 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I've been diagnosed ADD and have tripped on mushrooms and LSD. When I'm on psychedelics I don't think "Oh no I have ADD."
Just don't worry about it. I find that ADD on acid is pretty funny because it's just way crazier.

Edited by shroomanic (07/14/06 09:38 AM)

InvisibleStroFun
Repeater

Re: Psychedelics and ADHD [Re: shroomanic]
    #5857510 - 07/14/06 09:53 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

No No its not an issue while im tripping its becoming a very small issue in my everyday life which i'm willing to ignore and/or medicate but i am interested to find out if it can/will get worse. Currently i haven't tripped in a couple months and at my peak of use i only tripped about 3 times a month. And only on shrooms but i do plan on expanding my use of etheogens later on in life. Which is why i am concerned.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#5857628 - 07/14/06 11:00 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have pretty severe ADHD; if anything, the responsible use of psychedelics has made its effects more manageable and my thinking clearer.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics and ADHD [Re: Lion]
    #5857651 - 07/14/06 11:12 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ditto what bug said.

I know a fair amount of people (me included!) who have ADD and use psychedelics quite often. To tell you the truth, in my opinion and in my friends' opinions, psychedelics will help you in this area. Just don't get carried away with them.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

OfflineFlipz
Universal Cynic

Loc: Midwest
Re: Psychedelics and ADHD [Re: Feanor]
    #5858068 - 07/14/06 01:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I also have strong case of ADHD, and tripping has really helped me manage it.

--------------------

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

OfflineAshland
Space Cowboy

Loc: North America
Re: Psychedelics and ADHD [Re: Flipz]
    #5858103 - 07/14/06 01:41 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I doubt it. Your brain chemistry changes so much while under the influence of psychedelics, that I really don't think it will make you more or less ADHD than you would be sober. I doubt you'd even be able to notice it yourself.

LSD on the other hand... well, that just makes you unbelievably ADHD and schizophrenic to begin with, so I'm sure acid wouldn't help you in regards to ADHD.

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
Re: Psychedelics and ADHD [Re: Ashland]
    #5858677 - 07/14/06 05:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think the shrooms will probably tell you what you need to know to confront the problem of ADHD or what ever they are calling these "disorders" now. They may actually help give you the strength to someday kick the perscription meds. Think about a life without those horrid side effects!

InvisibleStroFun
Repeater

Re: Psychedelics and ADHD [Re: Mourningdove]
    #5877303 - 07/19/06 11:11 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I've been off meds for over a year its just that i notice that its starting rear its ugly head again. I'm very exciteable and irritating and i act before i think

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#5877327 - 07/19/06 11:20 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i agree that shrooms can help you find out what you need to know in your own mind in order to help (try) to overcome your ADD. i have a mild case, and i always feel like i realize so much after a trip.

personally, i want to know HOW do mushrooms let you see things that you cant think of normally.. its hard to believe that it lets you come to conclusions (that are helpful) which are impossible to ocme to sober

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics and ADHD [Re: Limelight]
    #5877452 - 07/19/06 11:53 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with what people have said here. Psychedelics can maybe help you see the root of your ADD symptoms but they will not fix anything. I feel like I kind of have what they would refer to as slight ADD but I've never bothered getting medical assistance. When I trip I can almost see how my mind in everyday life works and at that instant you say AH yes, the answer is so simple.. all I need to do is focus my attention - which is easy to say when your flying high but when you come down all those realizations dont seem so clear cut and you're back to where you started. When you're tripping you see through the barriers which provide you the problems but when you come down you are in fact these barriers. God dammit I hope someone knows what I mean but I have a feeling this is also why people with attention defecits are also prone to drug abuse. To solve these problems without the means of drugs would probably take a lot of work in terms of changing the way your mind processes information. Really complex shit but psychedelics can help, but I bet they can also make you a lot more confused too.

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
Re: Psychedelics and ADHD [Re: today mylove]
    #5877529 - 07/19/06 12:14 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

"Disorders" like ADD and depression are very real to the victim, but may very well be a spiritual frustration that one can not arrive at the truth as fast as one wants to. I do believe that many actually suffer from lack of seritonin (spell?) as well, but doctors are so quick to slap a label of "disease" to anyone who has trouble finding their way. There are soooo many people who are having their lives robbed by these aweful antidepressants just so some drug companies can become rich. While antis do have their place, they have been grossly overused...

I was put on antidepressants for nearly twenty years and can tell you that I would have done much better if I had treated my spirit with cubensis once a month. I can not speak for everybody, but I feel that antidepressants are a poor imitation for the food of the gods...

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Psychedelics and ADHD [Re: Mourningdove]
    #5877706 - 07/19/06 01:00 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Being a tripper and having ADHD isnt a problem from what I hear from my friends. Tripping with someone else that has ADHD and is tripping can be a bit annoying though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate