Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Question about finding answers... [Re: psiclops]
    #5876274 - 07/19/06 01:22 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psiclops said:
You need to get laid, dude.

the funny thing is, i do, thats not a problem - im in college. im hardly anti-social.
but yea, maybe i should actively force myself to get laid like every day or something lol.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Question about finding answers... [Re: StickyWater]
    #5876286 - 07/19/06 01:28 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

StickyWater said:
This sounds somewhat similar to something I have, particularily with the yes/no arguments and then that other voice... Although for me the other voice is not really a constant thing but comes with periods of depression that can last anywhere from a week to a couple months. For most of my life I just kind of accepted it and figured it was normal or nothing to be worried about and it slowly started to destroy me because I figured that yeah, I was a fucked up sociopath or something. What I do is every time I get into a yes or no debate with myself over my flaws I always force myself to keep searching for proof and evidence that this negative voice is wrong and that there's no need for any concern.

For example, that little voice comes in and tells you that you're worthless and there's something wrong with you and you'll never know what it is, go through that little bit of yes/no bit, and then just start thinking back for life achievements, things you've won, done with your life, things you can do that other people can't, things you've seen and experienced that other people can't even understand until you realize that yeah, you've done a lot with yourself, you've had a lot of interesting experiences, and even if there's something wrong with you, it didn't stop you then so why let it stop you now?

As you said, only YOU can really solve this problem, nobody can give you an answer.

Just try to get into the habbit of convincing yourself otherwise when you feel doubtful about yourself and eventually you'll find that you're having more positive thoughts than negatives simply by forming a pattern of ending it with a positive attitude towards the problem... I hope this isn't hard to follow or anything, just got my hands on some white rhino *drool*

(also like to add that getting over that problem will help you with your confidence issues, and will make finding the root of your problems easier as you wont be always forced into those self criticizing thought loops)

great post :smile:

now if only i could think of some of those things mentioned.

i havent had a LOT of experiences that i can fall back on, but i think i have enough to get by. what i ultimately want to do is get on adderall to improve focus and energy. then i will succeed greatly (ive tried adderall before, and felt normal). i think then i can build my own success and then shortly after, i can get off the drug and still be in a natural high because of achievements. i just need to get the ball rolling. i think its harder for me because in my personal life i havent had much stuff im proud of... im good at art, and thats all. i cant think of anything else that i can be proud of that othe rpeople dont have.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]