Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Desmanthus Illinoensis ?
    #585022 - 03/21/02 07:18 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Has any one used this plant for an ayuasca analog?
I am thinking of growing it I wan to make sure is worth it.
Thanks.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesputnik2
Loc: usa
Re: Desmanthus Illinoensis ? [Re: LOBO]
    #585649 - 03/21/02 07:36 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

hello i have dreamed several times with desmanthus and all were wonderful dreams . a most underated plant if ya ask me . growing it will take time approximately 3 years before a substainable harvest. peace

--------------------
MJB botanicals
mjb-botanicals.com

Offlineyoberutan
Loc: midwest
Re: Desmanthus Illinoensis ? [Re: sputnik2]
    #585805 - 03/21/02 09:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i agree.this plant is very underated.i find it very kind to my gut.i simply cannot keep down mimosa rootbark.not to mention the fact they can grow over most of n.america.i have many 2 year old plants and quite a few that ive dug elsewhere and planted.for some reason i was losing them in the winter(rot i think)now i dig them up in the fall and harvest the offshooting roots store main roots in basement overwinter and replant in spring.works well to sustain a nice patch.ive also noticed the roots benifit from a cutback of the greenery in the late spring.i usually cut em down to 6in or so.

--------------------
the drum is the great spirits favorite instrument.thats why we are all given a heartbeat.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Re: Desmanthus Illinoensis ? [Re: yoberutan]
    #586276 - 03/22/02 11:02 AM (22 years, 30 days ago)

Thanks for the reply, I am starting a patch this year I live in zone 5.
Since you grow them maby you can give me a cople of tips.
Do they need good soil?
My soil is rocky, I read that they like this type of soil, I was planing to dig 6 in holes and add good soil into them, do you think is this a good strategey?
and for dreaming how many grams do you use of the root bark.
Thanks.

--------------------

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

#586280 - 03/22/02 11:05 AM (22 years, 30 days ago)

Ah one other thing, how would you compare the dreaming let say with mimisa hostilis?
Thanks

--------------------

Offlineyoberutan
    #586802 - 03/22/02 10:21 PM (22 years, 30 days ago)

i am in zone 5 also.when i first went out looking for the plant i found them in clay soil.fairly damp.i dug quite a few to take home.i put many in pots with good black dirt and some in moister ground near a swamp and the rest in the unprepped sandy ground we have here.the ones in the pots did not do well.ive heard they dont like crowded roots but most got root rot to varying degrees.im sure i didnt overwater so im puzzled by this.the ones near the swamp also suffered root rot.the ones in the sandy ground do fine though.the dryer the ground (to a point)the farther it will send roots looking for moisture(yea).i feed them bulb food every other week and water if no rain every week.and like i said chop em back in late spring.
i usually dream of 25-30 grams.i use the more traditional boiling in lemon water for several hours method.multi extractions might make a stronger brew i dont know.i cannot have more than a threshold dream with mimosa my body simply will not accept it no mater what ive tried so i cannot comment there.hope i helped.peace

--------------------
the drum is the great spirits favorite instrument.thats why we are all given a heartbeat.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

#587047 - 03/23/02 05:25 AM (22 years, 29 days ago)

Yes thanks a lot for sharing your experience, I think I have the perfect spot for them, plus they will restore the land due that desmanthus is a nitrogen fixer. and good food for wild life
So every one will be happy. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinesputnik2
    #587048 - 03/23/02 05:25 AM (22 years, 29 days ago)

heres a little info i know about nitrogen fixating legumes . they need an inoculum to grow proper. if ya dug your plants from the wild and transplanted them in regular potting soil they most likely will not survive . there is a simbiotic relationship between the nitrogen and rhizobium bacteria that occurs in the wild. to grow healthy plants you need to add the inoculum to the soil. when starting from seed it is best to cover the seed with inoculum after the soak and before you plant . i tried in vain for several years to get a patch going they would grow and then die until i did a little more research and found this little bit of info out. now my plants are healthy and doing fine. if ya need inoculum contact me at my site addy.
hope this helps peace

--------------------
MJB botanicals
mjb-botanicals.com

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

#587062 - 03/23/02 05:37 AM (22 years, 29 days ago)

I am sorry I did not see your web site before, your prices are very good, your mimosa is cheaper than what I got it for.
I assume that you have dream with mimosa how would you compare it with dismanthus?
Thanks.

--------------------

Offlinesputnik2
    #587107 - 03/23/02 06:35 AM (22 years, 29 days ago)

hello mimosa will run your ass over if done correctly too much to quick in my opinion. desmanthus is a mellow dream with lots of visuals a little more managable but none the less interesting. tastes better too. peace and thanx for looking at the site.

--------------------
MJB botanicals
mjb-botanicals.com

Offlineyoberutan
    #587638 - 03/23/02 08:54 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

sputnik2,
so does this bacteria stay in the soil?so the reason my seedlings took off was because i had mature transplanted plants nearby?do they(bacteria) travel in the soil?are they in theground or are they only in those nodes?ie if i took soil from my patch and used some when transplanting new seedlings.thanx
p.s.my yugo red grass is doing nicely thanks!
yea i hate those fucks running the country too.

--------------------

Offlinesputnik2
    #587688 - 03/23/02 10:18 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

hello i spose they travel with the soil. mature plants would have it on the nodes. i am speaking of stating from seed to inoculate the seeds. seedlings are hard to get going out of there true environment thety look fine then all of a sudden the die. glad to here the yugo red is doing good enjoy it its a potent variety ( from experience). peace

--------------------
MJB botanicals
mjb-botanicals.com

Offlineyoberutan
    #588335 - 03/24/02 05:34 PM (22 years, 28 days ago)

is the innoculant a stable powder?i planned on playing jonny bundleflower seed while morel hunting this spring.could i just keep the innoculant in my bag of seeds?i would be planting them over the course of a couple months.

--------------------

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #588365 - 03/24/02 06:13 PM (22 years, 28 days ago)

I came across many seeds of this plant by chance and am glad to hear positive reports on it. I plan on planting eventually but I will be moving soon and you guys say it takes three years to get decent crop.

I've got something to look forward to though. :smile:

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

Offlinesputnik2
Re: Desmanthus Illinoensis ? [Re: Floydian]
    #589358 - 03/25/02 07:24 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

I spose you could just throw it in a baggie then plant the seeds. i have tried that just spreading the seeds you get erractic germination i have had seeds come up 2 years after i planted them also i carry some of my harvested roots on my site. peace

--------------------
MJB botanicals
mjb-botanicals.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies