Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Monistat

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesteve8908
Stranger
First Hunt need help IDing possible Psilocybe caerulipes
    #5869494 - 07/17/06 04:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Any identification help would be appreciated! i took these pictures two days after a heavy rain on an old horse manure pile.

Habitat: I live in the Northern part of West Virginia(about 10 miles from Ohio) and I am told the only shrooms that grow here are Psilocybe caerulipes. I looked for these type of shrooms on an old horse compost pile… consisting of wood shavings and horse manure. The pile is 3-8 years old depending on where you are but most of the pictures were taken in the area made about 3 years ago.
Gills: Chocolate Brown (with a purple tint); Lavender. I didn’t look that car fully but I am fairly sure the gills were not attached.
Stem: 1-3 inches tall depending on the mushroom; ¼- 1/2 inch wide; Off-White Color.
Cap: 1-4 inches across, light brown with a furry looking texture, Concave & Convex
Spore print color: Chocolate brown with a purple tint.
Bruises: I couldn’t get the mushroom to bruise.
Scent: smells fucking nasty (like a yeast infection or something)

If these are not the right kind please offer advice so i know what to look for in the future.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
Re: First Hunt need help IDing possible Psilocybe caerulipes [Re: steve8908]
    #5869508 - 07/17/06 04:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

They look like Agaricus. Defintely not what you are looking for.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

OfflineOSUbucksfan
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East PA, USA
Re: First Hunt need help IDing possible Psilocybe caerulipes [Re: baycafe]
    #5869526 - 07/17/06 04:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Not close. First off, caerulipes do not grow anywhere near manure that I have ever known of. Check in large plies of rotted wood near river beds, ask shroomydan, he is an expert in blue feet, especially near the ohio river. I have found quite a few over the past few months, but unfortunately we had a big flood here in eastern pa, and washed away most of the wood that my caerulipes were growing on or near. These guys start off as a creamy white color or a tannish color and cutting from the mycelium, stain a very clear bright blue color. It has been said that caerulipes, cubensis, and weilii are all very similar mushrooms but have just slight difference in evolution in different climates.

Happy Hunting!

--------------------
The lunatic is in my head... there is someone in my head but it's not me! -Pink Floyd

We trip the 'shrooms fantastic and shit gets drastic elbow pull and kick. We trip the 'shrooms fantastic 'n sit gets drastic, check it out -311

Co Cavs!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Monistat

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification