Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsilocybian
enthusiast
First Paneolus in the Southeast
    #585829 - 03/21/02 10:34 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I had an unexpected find today in an unexpected place.
We had tons of rain last night. I live in southern SC (in sight of the river, and Georgia).

Well, I was up in this campsite smoking a bowl, and I started thinking about how Lizard King had found those morels. I remembered that he said to look in area's where there is more leaf debri than pine. SO I started to mosey around bent over looking at the ground (I swear this hobby is going to give me a bad back), and I remembered that I should look in burnt out areas, so I started to move toward a burnt spot on the ground where many camp fires have been.

Now keep in mind this is a normal little open grassy area (I wouldn't even call it a feild) where people walk through all the time. There is picnic tables and grills and shit all around. No animals have been up their, the ground isn't fertilized, and the grass isn't really grass it's more of a clover like plant.

Anyways I started looking a little harder, and I happened to see the top of a mushroom that looked all to familiar. I quickly yanked it out of the ground, and low and behold, it was a small Pan Subb. With further investigation, they were everywhere. They were really small though, the biggest had a cap no bigger than a dime. Maybe they need to grow longer? Anyway I picked about a handfull of them and left a few here and there to sporulate.

Some had goldish brown centers fading out to pallid white, some had zonate colours, like a goldish brown center fading to pallid white, then into a pale reddish brown. The gills were black and had white edges. The stems were reddish brownish straw kinda colour, with definite hints of blueish at the base. I didn't take a spore print because I had picked enough before to know exactly what I was holding. I'm definitely sure they would have been black.

They are either Pan Subbs or Foenesecci (sp?). I ate the handfull (they were definitely either subbs or foenesecci, so I couldn't go wrong either way), and I did seem to be in a more happy mood for the next few hours. The ones I ate were small and only wieghed like 5-7g fresh, so it wasn't that much.
I got so excited that I decided to check my usuall Pan Subb cowfeild and......absolutely nothing. So why they chose to grow in a public park in a grassy area with no animals compost or even cut grass is beyond me.

Tommorrow I'm going back to pick a few more, and try to innoculate a straw patch in my yard. Wish me luck!

Edited by psilocybian (03/21/02 10:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: First Paneolus in the Southeast [Re: psilocybian]
    #586172 - 03/22/02 08:55 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"They are either Pan Subbs or Foenesecci (sp?). I ate the handfull (they were definitely either subbs or foenesecci, so I couldn't go wrong either way), and I did seem to be in a more happy mood for the next few hours. The ones I ate were small and only wieghed like 5-7g fresh, so it wasn't that much. ?

by "going wrong" i assume you mean "being dead" and not just fillng your guts full of non-psycadellic lawn mushrooms :smile:

paneolina foenisecci is not active. nor does it have a black spore debosit, nor does it bruise blue. and in a bluing reaction. you never have to guess at the bpresence of the color blue, its just there, clear as the blue day sky :smile:
paneolina foenisecci have a dull purple brown print.

Offlinepsilocybian
enthusiast
Re: First Paneolus in the Southeast [Re: Mitchnast]
    #586363 - 03/22/02 12:54 PM (22 years, 30 days ago)

In reply to:

by "going wrong" i assume you mean "being dead" and not just fillng your guts full of non-psycadellic lawn mushrooms

Hehe, exactly! I picked a few more today, and I'm gonna print em and see what color the spores are.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#586848 - 03/22/02 11:24 PM (22 years, 30 days ago)

i would feel in a gradually hightening mood as i slowly worried less and less that i have possibly poisoned myself :smile:
tho i must say ive eaten my share of non-psycoactive paneolus sphinctrinus hoping for effects.
i knew they were pans, but that was before i had any idea. :smile:
heres a hint, yes, you ARE safe if you can single out panaolus and panaeolina from the genera of other mushrooms.
even if you still havent quitegot the knack at tellinghtem apart.
but as your eyes get used to it.  youll be doing fine.
but ahh, careful there and dont eat a half OZ of liberty caps at the end of a morning hunt duing a windstorm miles down the track from home and try to bury yourself in a pile of dirt in someones backyard like I did.....
hhahaha.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: First Paneolus in the Southeast [Re: Mitchnast]
    #587112 - 03/23/02 06:49 AM (22 years, 30 days ago)

I recently consulted a dude who consumed wild mushrooms he found growing in a pasture. HE was so sure that they were Panaeolus foenisecii. He read about them being magic in a billshit article by psychonauts Lynn and Judy Osbourn writing under the name of Brolyn in a High Times Article.

The article was titled: "America's Home Harvest." It described how one could get a free high in America by eating Panaeolus foenisecii, one of the most common species in the world.
Of course it is a buloshit article. It told one how to get high off this mushroom which they claimed was only active ont he east coast but not on the west coast.

My friend had picked a bunch. Ate them and then was paranoid all night long that he might have eaten something that he shouldn't. The next day he called me. He was very worried he had poisoned himself becasue of some stomach discomfort he had experienced after eaing the shrooms.

Well he never did get high and a few days later he brought me a bag of mushrooms to identify for him and they were all Psathyrella, not Panaeolus as he had thought. So guys and gals. Please be careful and stop this stupidity thing by eating a mushroom without having someone ifdentify the species properly.

Mj

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: First Paneolus in the Southeast [Re: mjshroomer]
    #587766 - 03/24/02 12:32 AM (22 years, 29 days ago)

mj, you have many times claimed some form of dislexia.
yet it occurs to me that the only word you consistantly misspell is "bullshit" and it happens to be on of those things you globetrot in search of (as hunting fodder)
:smile:
adyour friend picked psathyrellas in a pasture ive never seen them on dung or manured soil myself, always wood-stuff.

Offlinepsilocybian
enthusiast
Re: First Paneolus in the Southeast [Re: mjshroomer]
    #597186 - 04/02/02 11:24 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

MJ, me and your freind are two completely different people.
It sounds as if he just went out and blindly picked after reading just one article. I agree people like that shouldn't be picking mushrooms.

However, knowing what genus a certain mushroom belongs to, knowing what other species are in that genus and the toxicity of them, and having experience picking that genus is totally different. Also I never claimed foenisecii were hallucinogenic.

On a side note, I found a few more today even though it hadn't rained in a few days. Shits starting to bust out everywhere, looks like we are gonna have a really good season.

Edited by psilocybian (04/02/02 11:25 PM)

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
    #597272 - 04/03/02 02:00 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

A guy got lost in the Australian bush a few years back. They pressumed he was dead and called the searches off. But low and behold, out he wanders two months later, 20 kilograms lighter and with a full beard. He claimed to have lived on wild mushrooms the whole time. He said he didn't have a clue which were poison and which were not so he just picked the ones that looked non-poison! He said it was so scary eating wild mushrooms out of sheer starvation, then having to wait to see if he died or not!!! Geez, what a stressful two months that would have been! It's a true story too, it made headlines down here.

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (04/03/02 02:01 AM)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: First Paneolus in the Southeast [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #597282 - 04/03/02 02:21 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

I bet he talked to God if he was eating alot of Magic ones.....lolz

No wonder he got lost for 2 months.....he was trippin

hahahaaaa

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale