Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aquarium Heater, Mycobags, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDuplicity
Stranger
Loc: NJ
Question about my Mycobags
    #586684 - 03/22/02 09:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hey all... I'm a newbie to posting but have been snoopin around for the past 6 months or so.. Finally decided to take the plunge and try growing. I wanted to do it the right way and start with the Pf tek and such but my situation right now doesn't allow much in the way of space and privacy. My abilities to bullshit don't stretch so far as to be able to explain my need for a pressure cooker and my new found facination with vermiculite and terariums. :>) SO, I've decided that for the time being Mycobags would be the way to go. I have a total of 8... 4 of these were innculated on the 8th of this month, 2 with Puerto Rican 2 with Ecuador (these were the strains recommended for use in this bag) . One of the PR bags never showed any growth, and finally on the 18th had to be thrown away due to grey fuzzy stuff. The other 3 are in variuos stages of development with the most colonized being at about 90% and the least at about 45% . BTW , the bags are being kept in a Rubbermaid storage bin at about 80 degrees...It is being heated with an aquarium heater in a juice jug.. My question is, the bag that is about 90% seems to have ceased colonizing in the last 3-4 days, can I try to fruit it now? I know the recomendation is to wait until 100%, but does that go for a "closed" environment like a bag also? The area that is not colonized is the very bottom of the bag, could it be that this area is very compacted and can't be colonized? I've tried shaking, but it's hard without popping the bag since the mycelium growth is pretty solid. Any recomendations?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
Re: Question about my Mycobags [Re: Duplicity]
    #587021 - 03/23/02 06:54 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

instead of shanking have u tried to *break* the mycellium while inside the bag without breaking the bag-this will allow better air exchange,to reach the uncolonized areas-i have never used a myco bag-but im sure it would work-

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

InvisibleAssHumper10K
enthusiast
Loc: Up, Your, Ass
    #587022 - 03/23/02 07:00 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You are supposed to break it up with your hands to help colonize it. Not just squirt and wait.

--------------------
Asses Humped for a reasonable price. Ask about our financing program!
Free ass juicings with every fart suck!
See the amazing pencil farm!

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
Re: Question about my Mycobags [Re: AssHumper10K]
    #587038 - 03/23/02 07:17 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

see there common sense is common sense-lol-

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #587113 - 03/23/02 08:50 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Dude dont panic. I can tell you without being there that the only part you are waiting on to colonize on the 90 percenter is the bottom of the bag. It will take a few days on that. It will happen. It took my TC bags about 38 days to cover the bottom of the bag BUT damn when they did start fruiting they fruit like crazy.. shrooms all over the bag and heavy big tall ones at that. Your bags are going to be fine. You can give it some light at 90 percent and its not going to matter. When it fruits the first time mist the bag with about a 9 or 10 to one ratio of water and peroxide and they will re fruit very quickly. I have one bag thats on its fourth flush and it looks like its gonna be about a 80 gram flush. I m almost afraid to say this because people wont believe me but i ve already gotten 1 oz dry from that one bag. The other ones probably arent going to fruit quite that heavily but i m sure they ll break the 1/2 oz barrier. Just be patient

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aquarium Heater, Mycobags, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation