Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesimoniff
Stranger
Flushes?
    #5861721 - 07/15/06 12:24 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

After around 8 trays of cased grain, and 3 strains, I have never witnessed a clear demonstration of a flush. The pins just keep forming and I keep picking em when big. There does seem to be waves of growth but, not that required my intervention.

If I don't case until the first flush, case 1 inch at second, and more added as required will I witness flushes then?

Does flushing require intervention? How do I manage it?

At some point the food is exhausted and contam sets in or growth just stops. But... oh well maybe there isn't any reason to concern myself with it anyway.

But, I'm confused about it.. Any explanation would be really helpful.

Thanks much!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwan Song
Re: Flushes? [Re: simoniff]
    #5861833 - 07/15/06 01:10 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

if your casings are fully colonized when fruited you should get an even pinset.
follow hyphae's pinning strategy for good results.
there after, the flushes sometimes pin as the older friuts are maturing.
the pinset is the key.
good pinset.
good flush.
rest period.
second flush.
ect...
but to get that, the casing must be ready, all of it.

Edited by Swan Song (07/15/06 01:12 PM)

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Flushes? [Re: Swan Song]
    #5862594 - 07/15/06 06:30 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

> Does flushing require intervention?

Not really. They will flush reguardless of what you do. It's just a question of how good the flushes are. The myc senses when parts of it are flushing and syncronizes itself, so if some parts aren't ready you get a poor flush. So you should make sure everything comes up evenly for best flushes.

> There does seem to be waves of growth but, not that required my intervention.

That what a flushes are... waves of pinning.

-FF

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Flushes? [Re: fastfred]
    #5862695 - 07/15/06 07:11 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
> Does flushing require intervention?

Not really. They will flush regardless of what you do. It's just a question of how good the flushes are. The myc senses when parts of it are flushing and synchronizes itself, so if some parts aren't ready you get a poor flush. So you should make sure everything comes up evenly for best flushes.

> There does seem to be waves of growth but, not that required my intervention.

That what a flushes are... waves of pinning.

-FF

Actually your initial pinset creates your first few flushes this is where the majority of your yield lies. Look closely and you will see a casing covered with primordia that many stay at the knotted stage where many more start to develop and then there are those that "bolt" which are your current "flush". Now primordia is always forming when myc is under fruiting parameters but it does so reluctantly and slowly as it has lost it's initial momentum thus much fewer fruits. The reason the myc lost it's momentum is the fact that the FC is lower in temps thus slowing growth but it is really the fact that the myc is now in a generative mode of growth. We often see poor first flushes with progressive ones that get better as fastfred said this is all sensed by the myc which is BTW is the mushroom what most perceive as the mushroom is actually the mushrooms fruitbody kinda like an apple tree producing apples understand?

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale