Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: Do we roll the dice with salvation? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5873962 - 07/18/06 03:33 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

"There is no reason for me to try and explain it them, unless you prove to me that it IS a christian myth, and not something the the church invented." --OWS

I never said it wasn't just a doctrine tacked on to christianity by the church centuries after the writing of the gospels. In fact, it would have to be, because as you have pointed out, hell was a concept invented by the church (I think it was first added in Europe during the Dark Ages) to keep their flock in line. And I wasn't necessarily asking you to explain it, I was just hoping someone with some knowledge in this area would feel helpful enough to answer the questions I was asking.

"chaos is a sort of a "helper" word that we use to describe an area where we don't know all the variables. In reality there is no chaos, only lack of understanding which we call chaos.
Chaos theory is a shortcut to predicting chaos areas without understanding all the variables." --OWS

Order could fairly easily be argued to be an illusion, a word used to describe something seemingly stable and with fixed underlying patterns to it's behaviour. But those patterns can't hold forever, and when they break down you're left with more chaos. The idea behind chaos theory is more that we can never know all the variables, and order is a 'helper' word that we use to describe an area where unplotted variables (unknown unknowns, as Rumsfield would have it) either aren't making a significant impact or where they have yet to enter into an equation. You might say that in reality there is no order, only a short-sightedness which we call order.

Just offering you a flipside. It's all in flux, with no true permanence. 'This, too, shall pass', eh?

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order